17 Oud Mosaic 2017

17 Oud Mosaic by Banana Republic
17 Oud Mosaic is a perfume by Banana Republic for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-oriental. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Claude Dir

SaffronSaffron
OudOud
AmberAmber
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.10.2021.

A no from me
I do not like this but this is a very high quality and "niche" inspired frag, as rose/oud is a highly regarded combo. To get a rose/oud frag this high quality from a mall brand, is pretty impressive. Banana Republic really kinda nailed it with these.

Anyway, to me, extremely jammy and almost cloying in terms of sweetness with the plum and rose. I do not like rose as a note so when I pick it up, it stands out to me. Also, that plum must be adding to the rose's jamminess and I just don't like it. The rose and oud to me doesn't smell poopy or anything really, it just doesn't smell nice to me. If anything its almost astringent? It is an extremely different scent profile for a mall brand. I feel most people who shop at BR don't know what oud is. I didn't know what it was until a few years ago. So really interesting for them to go with this kinda scent.

If you like rose/oud, get this. It's a steal at any price. I've smelled Santal Royal and Oud Satin Mood, both with the rose/oud combo, and although they are much much higher quality, the rose/oud in here reminded me of the rose/ouds I've smelled in those other frags. It's not a lame attempt at all. This is a great release, just not for me

A new friend
For me this is my first unisex scent I use and the only one that confussed me so much.In my opinion is a loved or hated parfum.I will explain:
Whith my first spray I thought that 17 Oud Mosaic was more a female scent and remind me slightly CK
Obsession for woman,but after a couple of hours transformed into a clean,gentle,oud and a little soappy scent(do yoy remember the 80's CAMAY soap?). So I decided to tested with my friends.
The next day I took my bottle in my job and i pretented that i did not know if it was a male or female scent and I asked from them to test and tell me their opinion.After a few minutes I noticed a variation
of reactions.Most of the men said that this is a female scent and most of the woman said that this is a heavy male scent....I also noticed that the persons that used to buy clones or bulk scents disliked it and the others that used originals parfums appriciated it a lot (is this accidental ?).
After a few days I sprayed into my skin and clothes and I asked some of my friends to tell me their oppinion for my ''new'' fragrance.Can yoy imagine?Most of them that dislike it few days ago told me that ''this is a nice fragrance ,not like the ''other'' I brought them a few days ago(LOL)!!!
Anyway,after this little expierince I decided that there are not clear limits to characterize a fragrance
male or female, the omly guide is to enjoy them.In my opinion 17 OUD MOSAIC is a really nice and gourmant scent in a very logical price.I can clearly smell the rose ,the Oud, the Amber and the Musk,
less the galbanum and the plum , maybe some wood and finally some clean and soappy notes after the first 2 hours.The rose and the oud remains until the end.The longevity into my skin is about
7-8 hours,in the clothes more than a day.I recomended but test it first.

Chriswertu
Plum in the classic oud rose combo
Let s keep it short and sweet...Apropos sweet the hint of this fragrance lies in the plum and remembers me of Wallstreet of bond 9, very clean, sweet expensive smelling. The hole fragrance doesn't smell cheap. The rose reminds me of the rose used by Montale, and in both cases it doesn't smell neither too chemical or natural, and it s very well balanced and sympathetic. And then comes the superstar the oud. It s a kind sort of oud, not animalic, not to smooky and Atwell balanced... A very very good fragrance especially for that price... Longevity and Sillage should be good as all reviews say, I haven't had the opportunity yet to check that 100%... The musc gives the scent his clean character, amber enriches it together with the cardamom but play a second role, and pop up decently from time to time...totally recommend!
MariusLink89
A trip to the banana republic
As so often at night I lay awake and bought, almost as if in a trance, the one or other Cheapie in the souk to increase my collection.
After a short fly over the fragrance pyramid and the realization that it would be for 15 euros yes no big risk to buy this fragrance, he was ordered directly and I could finally sleep.

A few days later, he then arrived (I had honestly forgotten again that I had ordered him) and was distributed only a few minutes later, with little expectation, on the crook of my arm.
Had I but a little more Expected, because completely unexpectedly immediately haute me a lush scent of fermented plums and peppery rose from the socks.
Dry, a bit pungent and really stale in the first moment.
I had to think immediately of a group of sprightly pensioners, who had dressed up a bit for the city trip at the weekend and once again pulled the miniature of their old favorite fragrance for it from the closet.

This impression dissipated, however, already after 30 seconds and a really pleasing, well-tuned and dry-sweet oud-rose fragrance opened up.
The really well hit plum disappears a bit in the background, but carries the woody, floral and spicy fragrance notes throughout with a pleasant subtle sweetness.

After 30 minutes, the fragrance had gone through its roughest change and it remained a noble and really pleasing fragrance , which remains in the memory mainly through rose and pepper .
Oud and plum I perceive only woody and dry-sweet in the background. Like a light powdered sugar cloud that carries the fragrance. Very noble and pleasant.

For this price, the durability is really excellent, even 8 hours after my test with only one spray, I perceived the fragrance very present on the skin.
The sillage weakens after 5 hours a little, but what is completely ok and I think for this fragrance also necessary .

So who is looking for a noble and classic Ausgehduft with the necessary seriousness for a small thaler, which is exactly right here.

Since this was my first fragrance from Banana Republic, I am after the positive test already very excited about my next bargains.

SvenScent
A truly beautiful oud scent

Still no comment? Then it's time, because I think it would be a great pity if this scent were to be overlooked!

I bought "Oud Mosaic" from Banana Republic because of positive reviews of some Parfum-You Tuber. There was talk of an "easily portable" oud fragrance. In addition, they pointed out the interesting combination with rose and the similarity to "Oud Ispahan" by Christian Dior, for which one would have to pay 350 Euro for the table of the house.
I can't say anything else about the similarity to "Oud Ispahan", as I've never smelled this perfume before, but I haven't regretted my blindbuy in any case. Oud Mosaic" is a truly fascinating perfume. At first sight it takes some getting used to, but in no time at all it will cast a spell over you.
Oud is often described as "mystical", which is not really a description of a fragrance in the strict sense of the word, but it does more or less typify the scent of this perfume. Oriental mysticism, smoke, a light rose, a lot of plum, the latter fermented slightly alcoholic, this is how I would most likely describe the smell. In the beginning the fruitiness of the plum is more predominant, I don't smell the rose so much, but later it becomes more flowery, until the orientalism of the oud and spices becomes more and more prevalent. All in all, a fragrance progression that tempts you to smell it again and again, which for me, among other things, is a main criterion of a good perfume.

In addition, the silage and above all the durability is outstanding. My first test sprayer in the crook of my arm I could smell the closest after showering [!] still clearly!
Fascinating, different, dark, lovely, strange, mysterious and sexy, all this is it, this fragrance. In addition to this, it is of absolutely high quality, coming in a simple but noble bottle, and all this at a rather low price...

Finerthings8Finerthings8 9 months ago
This is good,cheap alternative if you like rose and skunky oud combination.Performance is also remarkable
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Very easy to wear oud scent, floral, with spicy and resinous facets. Above average quality for an under priced fragrance. Recommended!

by Jannicklink
by Miriam78
by DuftKoloss
by DuftKoloss

Popular Banana Republic

78 Vintage Green by Banana Republic Tobacco & Tonka Bean by Banana Republic Rosewood by Banana Republic Neroli Woods by Banana Republic 90 Pure White by Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber by Banana Republic Black Walnut by Banana Republic Linen Vetiver by Banana Republic 06 Black Platinum by Banana Republic Alabaster by Banana Republic Malachite by Banana Republic Cypress Cedar by Banana Republic Wildbloom by Banana Republic W (1995) by Banana Republic Classic by Banana Republic Slate by Banana Republic Modern Man (2014) by Banana Republic Wildblue Noir by Banana Republic Peony & Peppercorn by Banana Republic M (2013) by Banana Republic