78 Vintage Green 2017

78 Vintage Green by Banana Republic
78 Vintage Green is a popular perfume by Banana Republic for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Gino Percontino

Bergamot, Green leaves, Mandarin orange, Magnolia, Jasmine, Green tea, Fig, Cedarwood, Musk, Vetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.10.2020.

NativeHeart
Very nice fresh scent for a ridiculous price
First of all, I think that this unisex fragrance is worthy of its kind and can be worn by both sexes, but in my eyes it suits women a little better After the many good evaluations here, I absolutely wanted to test it and lo and behold, the Rossmann of my confidence carries this scent. At the very bottom of the lowest shelf, but at least for a ridiculous price of about 20 Euro.
I am glad to be able to test the fragrance in this way, as I would probably have been a little annoyed about a bottling afterwards. The scent is really fresh and special in its own way. It also lasts - at least on my skin - for about 6-8 hours, which is really good considering the price range. So the freshness lasts for a longer period of time, although the special quality of the top note is quickly lost.
Because of these aspects the Vintage 78 is really a small treasure, which should be opened by every treasure hunter.
However - and that's why I would have been annoyed about a paid bottling - I rather associate a pretty woman between 20 and 35 with this fragrance. For a man, the fragrance is a mini touch too feminine for me. Maybe 5%.
Now, of course, this assessment is absolutely subjective and may be due to the scent of the women that have become engrained in my episodic memory. Therefore, I recommend that every male fragrance lover presses a button on the bell of the nearest Rossmann perfume counter to try this really pleasant fragrance for themselves.
Pleasant unisex scent!
An interesting unique spring scent!
This perfume is unbeatable in terms of value for money. If you are looking for an inexpensive, light and universal fragrance, you have hit the bull's eye with 78 Vintage Green. At the beginning it resembles very much a pleasant sweet green tea with citrus content, but in my opinion it is subject to the "green" note but also positively supports it.
In the end the fragrance loses its fresh lightness and ends in a green mix of undemanding sweet notes.
For this price you can do absolutely nothing wrong! If I were a woman, this would be my absolute favourite for spring. But unfortunately a bit too feminine for me
FvSpee
CoViD comments, fifteenth piece: Fluffy Lush.
To be honest, I had never heard of the "Banana Republic" brand until recently, but that is true of many brands. After "État libre d'Orange", this is the second shed that comes to my attention within a short time, the one whose name refers to a state and is stupid. Banana republics were originally called, about 100 years ago, the small Central American states such as Honduras and Guatemala, which in fact belonged to the big three US fruit companies, above all the United Fruit Company, and in which, when something like democracy or the desire for somewhat higher wages arose, mercenaries were employed to set up compliant military dictatorships. Of course, the founders of the company originally meant it as a joke (the company started out in 1978 as a small fashion house for outdoor and tropical clothing, later a general fashion company grew around it, the fragrances are just accessories), but still I find this, especially for an American company, a rather inappropriate humor. Since I am already deep in the name area, here is the score for the fragrance name: 7 points. I think it's good that it's striking and that it fits insofar as it's really a very green fragrance. I think "vintage" is less good, because the fragrance seems very modern (not only in the best sense, more about that in a moment). And what the "78" means remains in the dark, perhaps an allusion to the year the company was founded.

Vintage Green is really not a bad scent, even if I didn't like it as much as expected from the comments. In the prelude there is of course some citric, the attached tangerine and bergamot has to go somewhere, but as already correctly noticed, the water actually lives up to its name from the beginning and is first of all green. A juicy, fluffy, soft, full, softly drawn, but despite that, it is a wide and strikingly shining light green. The indicated and boldly printed note "green leaves" hits the mark well, and these leaves are young and rain-damp. The whole thing then remains relatively unchanged for about three hours in a linear fashion, and that's quite a nice thing. It's also pleasing that the projection here is still linearly powerful, one also expects a high durability here. These three hours are enough to ask yourself intensively: "Why is it so fluffy here? Is it washed with peroxide?". I had answered this with "osmanthus" and "apricot". If you look at the ingredients, it will be the green jasmine tea and fig, that's about right. And fig has something dangerously muddy for my nose anyway (there are exceptions). In addition, I suspect that Dr. Honigtau Bunsenbrenner has also been busy here. The overall character of this fragrance strongly reminds me of the brands "Le Labo" and "Lab on Fire", which, although "Le Labo" claims the opposite, also cheerfully swing the chemical club to achieve soft scent impressions. This is not meant to be a scathing criticism, but the fragrance is still of high quality, and I also like different fragrances of the other two brands mentioned. That's about the point why this is not a "vintage" for me. It has more of the typical modern American Lab(o)(r) DNA for me. Interesting, by the way, is that he does this, at least in Germany, at a ridiculously low price level. While e.g. "Le Labo" is very consistent in its niche and high price, the Banana Republic (if the branch manager has a sense of humor: next to Bruno Banani), which is quite comparable to it for me, is available at Rossmann for cheap money. In the USA it is possibly different
All in all, I would have probably given eight points by then. But what I don't like is the final phase of the fragrance. After about three to four hours the sillage collapses like a soufflé, and what remains for about two hours is no longer green and I don't like it either. This is a very synthetic and somehow price-reduced woody-dry freshness; if I wanted to be very angry, I would say: from young leaves to plywood-room-freshener-tree.

Because of the pretty first three hours, for which I would recommend "Fluffy Lush" (I don't mind if I call it "78") as a name, the low price and the beautiful bottle, a fragrance that you can absolutely buy and wear, but also absolutely don't have to buy.

I've got a few more Corona topics in mind, but maybe I'm getting on your nerves with them. And besides, I don't always have to use the 7,500 characters. Good night, and stay (or get) healthy!
Warilol
If vetiver is too classic and grown-up...
he should check out vintage green from Banana Republic!

Yes, I like green and also classic vetiver scents, but at the end of the day these are not always so easy for a younger person to wear or even inappropriate. And that's where vintage green comes in.

First of all: For me this fragrance has niche quality and I can identify several fragrances from the pyramid on my skin and even better on clothes. Right at the beginning I am welcomed by this grandiose tea note, which is accompanied by a natural green. Even though the opening reminds me a bit of a Lipton Ice Tea, it never seems kitschy or synthetic. The fragrance remains fairly linear, appears "green" and fresh throughout, woody notes are missing my nose a little here.

What fascinates me so much about this fragrance is the fact that you can create a nice balancing act between quality and mass suitability, combined with an unbeatable price. It is uncomplicated, for the die-hard niche lover it may seem quite boring, but for me, someone who likes it simple and straightforward, this one is perfect.

At the moment you can get Vintage Green from Banana Republic for an unbelievable 19 € at Rossmann, so I don't want to judge the performance of the fragrance, just spray it on and have fun.
DarkWinterCS
Fresh, green and something clean in between
Vintage Green was one of those fragrances praised for its great value for money. The quality for this price inevitably draws attention to this perfume.
After a long time on the "test"-list I got this one under my nose.

Green scents are always a bit love-hate for me. There are some that go too much in the direction of leaf smoothie and thus release too many plant aromas. Vintage Green is still in the range that is bearable for me. A little less houseplant, a little more fresh meadow and pleasant forest breeze. In addition, clean fragrances, which create a very good harmony.

It's not the fragrance I like to spray on myself, but rather something I can see as a benchmark to find other fragrances I might like in this direction.
But in the end it is a fragrance that is more than OK for this price.
Bamb1
First yellow, then green and white
If you are looking for a spring or summer scent, you might stumble across the vintage green of Banana Republic. Rated pretty good everywhere and yet pretty cheap. Something's not right. Fortunately, I found this fragrance in the local drugstore and decided, after two tests, to get it for myself.
The presentation of the Vintage Green is, as with any other fragrance from the Icon Collection of Banana Republic, especially for the money, already something special. Large and pretty box, from which you can pull out the bottle. The bottle itself is kept simple, just like the packaging. Simpel in this case does not mean cheap, but simple, valuable. The bottle and especially the lid bring a lot to the table and give you the impression of high quality. Only the lettering could have been more elegantly implemented.
The presentation is already above average. Is it the scent too?
First of all, I want to emphasize that this fragrance is very natural throughout the composition and not synthetic. Banana Republic seems to pay attention to high quality fragrances.

At the beginning of the composition, No. 78 smells citric, fresh (bergamot, mandarin). This freshness is underpinned by green notes, which are initially only slightly expressed. These green notes, however, take over after about 10 minutes. Now do vintage green green. The fragrance remains fresh (vetiver) without losing its green notes. In the drydown, the musk is well smellable and it becomes a little sweeter.
I personally like the scent very much. If I had to create a drawing matching the fragrance, I would try to depict green leaves, a little grass with tangy citrus fruits on top.

One drawback of this fragrance is its shelf life. Unfortunately, on my skin the scent lasts hardly longer than five hours. The Sillage is summery reserved, perhaps a little too reserved.
But it doesn't change the fact that I received a compliment the first time I wore it.

In summer this fragrance is excellent to wear and versatile. Useable for leisure, the office or as a discreet scent for a date.
For the price, Vintage Green is a bummer. I would also pay a little more if necessary, because the smell is already something special. No "wow", but definitely a very pleasant summer scent.
Successful hybrid of Creed, Hermès and Mugler
Usually I don't care about fragrances that have a temporary hype. Often my expectations, fed by numerous positive comments, are rather disappointed than confirmed. Vintage Green from Banana Republic is once again an example of how quickly you can get carried away by a hype. In some forums it is almost celebrated as an olfactory stroke of genius and it is rumoured that prices will soon rise strongly, allegedly prices of over one hundred euros per bottle are already being called up on the Internet. Be that as it may, here in the province Vintage Green is offered for sale at a large drugstore chain, just for small money. Reason enough for me to follow the hype and see if my prejudices will be refuted this time. Banana Republic presents its Icon series in a more niche style and so it's no wonder that the bottle feels very valuable and the spray mechanism produces a very fine mist.

More important for us than the presentation are of course the "inner values" of the bottle and they seem to be very pleasant when you first try them out. Vintage Green gives me a very natural and slightly spicy fresh bergamot-mandarin note, which reminds me a bit of essential bergamot or mandarin oil and is grounded directly by a "green leaf note". This "green leaf note" can best be compared with the scent of fresh green pruning or hedge wood. Removed this note also reminds me of the scent of our summer privet hedge, a mix of earthy and green leafy notes warmed by the sun. That's quite a pleasant start, really nothing groundbreaking, but also far away from chemical uniform mush. After about fifteen minutes, however, the actual dominant note of green tea appears and here I have to pay respect to Banana Republic and the perfumer respectively. As an avowed green tea drinker I recognize here quite clearly the aroma of freshly brewed Gyokuro, this unmistakable slightly sweet-mild note rises directly into your nose. Vintage Creen brings a smile to my face here at the latest. After about a quarter of an hour, this blend of green tea, essential bergamot and mandarin is followed by clear notes of vetiver and musk. Vintage Green is now turning in a direction more reminiscent of Creeds Original Vetiver and Mugler's Cologne and is increasingly being shaped by vetiver and musk. Both scents I have already tested once and I have reserved for the summer. However, Vintage Green does not become a classic vetiver fragrance at this point, but retains its sweet notes and sometimes reveals a hint of green tea. But the drydown is really interesting, because here I can't see any difference to Un Jardin En Méditerranée by Hermès, because both scents smell exactly the same for my nose at this point. Vintage Green is thus a successful hybrid of these three fragrances, complemented by a very nice green tea note and towards the end a minimal fig note.

But for whom is Vintage Green now a buyer? I would say for friends of the three fragrances mentioned above who want the best elements in a fragrance from each of the three fragrances. A sparkling fresh opening á la Original Vetiver, a musky creamy base á la Mugler Cologne and the Hesperides freshness of Un Jardin En Méditerranée with the light fig note. There are some limitations to be made with regard to shelf life and sillage. For more than six hours you will hardly notice the scent and the Sillage is more reserved in summer. Nevertheless Vintage Green is a very nice fragrance, which at least convinced me not to condemn every hype directly as stupidity. Anyone who can get it at a reasonable price should strike quietly

Caungardh
Reapply and refresh yourself!
Opens up with very natural juicy citruses.
After 5 minutes it is a pleasant green fresh scent.
Drys down to a slightly sweet fig on clean flowery background.

P. S.
Don’t search for a "green fig leaves scent", the fig here is the sweet fruit in the drydown.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 57 days ago
Fresh, green, smooth, relaxing scent. Fresh opening with citrus and green notes. In the drydown, a nice green tea with wood and musk.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
Citrus and green scents for a very refreshing fragrance. Unusual quality for this price. It's a very "Hermés" type of perfume. Recommended!

by Brz
by CarlMacau
by Raulski
by Raulski

Popular Banana Republic

Rosewood by Banana Republic 17 Oud Mosaic by Banana Republic 90 Pure White by Banana Republic Neroli Woods by Banana Republic Black Walnut by Banana Republic Alabaster by Banana Republic 06 Black Platinum by Banana Republic Cypress Cedar by Banana Republic Tobacco & Tonka Bean by Banana Republic Malachite by Banana Republic W (1995) by Banana Republic Wildbloom by Banana Republic Linen Vetiver by Banana Republic Classic by Banana Republic Wildblue Noir by Banana Republic Slate by Banana Republic Modern Man (2014) by Banana Republic Jade by Banana Republic 83 Leather Reserve by Banana Republic Cordovan by Banana Republic