78 Vintage Green 2017

78 Vintage Green by Banana Republic
78 Vintage Green is a popular perfume by Banana Republic for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is green-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Gino Percontino

BergamotBergamot Green leavesGreen leaves Mandarin orangeMandarin orange MagnoliaMagnolia JasmineJasmine Green teaGreen tea FigFig CedarwoodCedarwood MuskMusk VetiverVetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.05.2022.

“green-tea in a bottle”
Banana Republic is known in the first place (on Parfumo) for its good fragrances that are extremely inexpensive. Recently I came across the brand and hastily acquired the "78 - Vintage Green" blind. The "78 - Vintage Green" is called here "the summer scent" and this I would like to revise times accurately.

The composition here is completely simple and dewy, yet penetrating and ethereal. "So more than just solid or mild."

The scent starts with an overdose of bergamot, which sniffs very realistically here, but is also a slight acidity that seems very soft and rounded, but in no way ghastly or sultry/unpleasant. Also, the tea note joins in, to be more specific the "green tea note." The tea note is subtle and somehow approachable, but this is in no way comparable to an iced tea note. Finally, this composition is missing the green leaves or the green note in this fragrance, which is not grassy or pungent, it is rather perfectly blended in and seems soft, pleasant and subtle. All in all, quite a solid fragrance that has no gripes. Theoretically, the "78 - Vintage Green" is comparable to an eau de cologne, because it is just based on the bergamot, but has a better longevity than an eau de cologne.

A statement from my friend, "This must be worn by a person who wears vintage clothes, but in brown and also drinks green tea. 9,5/10"

The longevity surprised me with this scent, because we're talking 8+ hours and the sillage is really good.

My recommendation is, "buy it in the summer and wear it, it will probably last longer and be stronger". A beast he could be for me in the summer."

The bottle is also sleek and massive (heavy too), a metal cap, a good sprayer and also most importantly fabulous packaging, although it sounds very tempting, the price is even more tempting. It is extremely inexpensive, which is also a plus point in my eyes. Incidentally, the fragrance is as already mentioned, a summer fragrance, yet it is also wearable in the spring. Almost already as a signature fragrance designable. Then I conclude the review with the question. Currently available or discontinued? Sadly discontinued, I’m just kidding. It is still available and it’s an absolute recommendation for the summer.

The DReaM tea.
Easily one of the best inexpensive designer freshies made in the last decade. Opens up with such a wonderful Ellena-esque, crisp bergamot and sweet fig that the comparison with Un Jardin en Mediterranee is unmistakable. Although the quality isn't exact, it's pretty close. Definitely a step above the usual designer level.

In a few minutes, the bergamot takes a backseat and a superbly comforting combo of jasmine, green tea and musk blend in with the sweet fig to give it a luxury soap vibe. I don't know why, but it has this unusual calming effect on me, as if I was 3 years old again and my grandmother was reading me a bedtime story. And although I would consider it 100% unisex, I can certainly see some men placing it in the feminine category owing to that sweet fig.

Personally, I would consider this a sweet tea scent. The bergamot is the kind you would find in earl grey tea; but flavour it with fig and add a dash of musk and you've got it. Absolutely no vetiver or woods to my nose. More aromatic, crisp, sweet and lovely. Very happy to say that performance is well above average when sprayed on clothing, because with 6-8 sprays, it projects well into the next DAY. Amazing stuff from a designer brand that isn't normally known for creating such great fragrances. This collection basically came out of left field. And to borrow the baseball analogy, 78VG is a homerun. Sucks that it's already been discontinued, because Banana Republic had a winner on their hands. Quality bottle, heavy cap, superb scent. Nuff said.
Summer - Sun - Vintage Green
fresh, green and not intrusive.

Price performance for me a 10/10!
Wear it gladly on hot days at work. For the low price you spray also like times after and feels fresh again.
Un Jardin de Pfanner Iced Tea
My long search for a green summer fragrance has found its happy end here, where I would have been almost ready to pay about 10 times. The proof par excellence that a great fragrance must not always be expensive.
The EdP starts green, citrusy, fresh and slightly sweet but completely without this synthetic designer sweetness. Simply refreshingly different.
A parallel to the iced tea of Pfanner is undeniable. Later on, it gets a bit woodier and minimally masculine. It's really similar to Un Jardin en Méditerranée, although the Hermès is a bit more complex, floral and feminine. However, it's this understated simplicity of Vintage Green that I like. Especially on a stressful summer day, or when you just don't feel like a complex smell, Vintage Green is brilliantly refreshing and invigorating.

The packaging is high quality, the bottle simple, made of heavy glass and metal closure.
All in one a really nice perfume and one of the few that you can buy mMn at its price of 20-25 € confidently blind
Crisp green
I just came from the flower shop. I had to buy the tulips. There's a big bunch in front of me. The stems squeak when you rub them together. Cut off the ends, break off a few leaves, put it all in a bowl. This morning's brewed tea leaves go on top. A fig from yesterday is already too soft and is also disposed of in there.

Now, if you sniff the bowl, you have the foundation of this scent. In addition, there is a touch of Iso-E-Super and some light musk.

The fragrance reminds me of the esteemed Wūlóng Chá.

Applied generously, one is refreshed tart green. One smells interesting and pleasant. Now that's an unusual fresh scent! No Aquatik, the citrus only to round off, otherwise a lot of green with very little fig sweetness. Not too tart, but quite flattering and attractive.

I am very positively surprised. Not only by the fragrance, but also by the bottle: massive, yet handy, with heavy metal lid, which is cushioned by a soft plastic ring when put on, pleasant in appearance, with a fine sprayer. 350 grams. A real announcement for a 75ml bottle.

On the price I do not look. I do not care if a fragrance at this level costs 20 or 60 euros. The main thing is that it is good and I like to wear it. And this one is good. And I like wearing it. A nice change with decent durability.

Here we go. Greener it does not get!
Price / performance giant
Recommendation...78 Vintage Green should be tried. Slightly greenish freshie. Almost all bergamot at first, then quickly a greener character (never smelled "green leaves" as a note before, but smells like you'd imagine) with gentle tea. Reminiscent of more expensive fragrances..at least more upscale than the price would suggest.
ParfumDude
Of iced tea and the power in tranquility
I have to come out. A confession. I bought this fragrance because it was cheap. Yes, very cheap. To be exact 8,90€ at the drugstore with the centaur. And because I really like "Oud Mosaic" from the same budget private line by Banana Republic. And of course, because the fragrance is praised in such high tones here. And I have to say: I'm really gobsmacked, because the fragrance delivers much more than it promises and turns out to be a green-fresh softness, which I will definitely wear again and again in the coming spring and summer. But one thing at a time!

First, a few words about the packaging: The simple, but beautiful and valuable bottle comes in a quite nice box, all in all you can say that the presentation is qualitatively an announcement, I find the presentation honestly nicer than with some significantly more expensive fragrance. So nothing to complain about, let's move on to the fragrance.

In the opening, "78 - Vintage Green" starts with a times so not at all old-fashioned iced tea note, which I find on the one hand as very realisitisch and on the other hand as totally delicious and refreshing. Especially the fine-tart tea note is a highlight for me here, joined by juicy-fruity lemons and tangerines, a mixture that makes up this "Pfanner" iced tea factor. After a few minutes, the fruit subsides a bit and green leaves, light woods and white flowers come more to the fore, but without making the scent heavy or overly powdery in any way. "Vintage Green" remains a restrained, calming and pleasant scent to the very end, which I find to be very unisex. The perfume lasts sufficiently long in my eyes, I would also feel it a bit out of place with the nature of the fragrance if it brutally projects and lasts 12h.

All in all, I can only recommend "78 - Vintage Green", especially because the price-performance ratio is really excellent and I really like the fragrance

On the green mile I met L'Homme Ultime
I tested it several times before I got it,
The first time it came to me with dark , Strong green, something scared me off,
In contrast, I found 90 White better which was lighter and more pleasing,
however, I noticed that the 90 White was sweeter and when wearing
becomes slightly feminine, whereupon I turned my gaze back to the green.

The scent starts wild green, which is why it is advisable to be patient
Then there are spicy citrus herbs, tea with a citrus prelude.
I deliberately don't say green tea, because it smells different!
In the heart note, it reminds me to L'Homme Ultime but a bit greener
From then on, it doesn't change so much and the scent continues to linger linearly.
Great performance and sillage

CigiScent
Fresh cut grass, leaves and green fresh figs...
This is really nice. I got it at a discounter for half retail price and it smells really good. It is kind of generic maybe, but it is so nice, fresh, green. I could ask for nothing more considering the price.

I get fresh citrus at the top and after that greenness: grass, leaves, figs. Not milky like some other fig fragrances. This is so pleasant. When I smell the bottle there is a bit of a synthetic vibe, but this disappears on skin.

It does not stay long, but it is OK, especially in hotter weather. I would recommend this for lovers of green fragrances.
NativeHeart
Very nice fresh scent for a ridiculous price
First of all, I think that this unisex fragrance is worthy of its kind and can be worn by both sexes, but in my eyes it suits women a little better After the many good evaluations here, I absolutely wanted to test it and lo and behold, the Rossmann of my confidence carries this scent. At the very bottom of the lowest shelf, but at least for a ridiculous price of about 20 Euro.
I am glad to be able to test the fragrance in this way, as I would probably have been a little annoyed about a bottling afterwards. The scent is really fresh and special in its own way. It also lasts - at least on my skin - for about 6-8 hours, which is really good considering the price range. So the freshness lasts for a longer period of time, although the special quality of the top note is quickly lost.
Because of these aspects the Vintage 78 is really a small treasure, which should be opened by every treasure hunter.
However - and that's why I would have been annoyed about a paid bottling - I rather associate a pretty woman between 20 and 35 with this fragrance. For a man, the fragrance is a mini touch too feminine for me. Maybe 5%.
Now, of course, this assessment is absolutely subjective and may be due to the scent of the women that have become engrained in my episodic memory. Therefore, I recommend that every male fragrance lover presses a button on the bell of the nearest Rossmann perfume counter to try this really pleasant fragrance for themselves.

JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Fresh, green open. Very similar to Man Eau Fresh in the dry down. I don’t know that I could tell them apart. Low longevity, but solid.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
Very close to Linen vetiver. The fig is more prominent in this one. Good quality
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 1 year ago
Amazing, niche quality, green sweet (yet not cloying), natural, fresh, calming and easy-going allrounder.Blind buy safe, also due to price
BeginswithaJBeginswithaJ 1 year ago
Incredible! The greenest of luscious greens, infused with the most succulent indolic sweetness of ripe figs. Smells refreshingly niche.
AdamStraightAdamStraight 1 year ago
Amazing Fresh green summer scent, in the Drydown you'll get a brise of YSL Ultime. Cheap + great performance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Fresh, green, smooth, relaxing scent. Fresh opening with citrus and green notes. In the drydown, a nice green tea with wood and musk.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Citrus and green scents for a very refreshing fragrance. Unusual quality for this price. It's a very "Hermés" type of perfume. Recommended!

by Brz
by Annenas
by Decube
by Decube

Popular by Banana Republic

Tobacco & Tonka Bean by Banana Republic Rosewood by Banana Republic Neroli Woods by Banana Republic 90 Pure White by Banana Republic 17 Oud Mosaic by Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber by Banana Republic Black Walnut by Banana Republic Linen Vetiver by Banana Republic 06 Black Platinum by Banana Republic Cypress Cedar by Banana Republic Alabaster by Banana Republic Malachite by Banana Republic Wildbloom by Banana Republic W (1995) by Banana Republic Peony & Peppercorn by Banana Republic Grassland by Banana Republic Modern Man (2014) by Banana Republic Classic by Banana Republic Slate by Banana Republic Rosewood Amor by Banana Republic