Amber Blush by Bath & Body Works

Amber Blush is a perfume by Bath & Body Works for women and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Limited Brands.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Raspberry champagne
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Gardenia, Star anise, Apricot nectar, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Amber, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.10.2016.

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Sparkling Raspberry Champagne
This review is primarily for the body spray. I layer it with the shower gel and the body lotion. I use the lotion primarily on my hands and feet.

I love amber as a note, so I was interested in trying Amber Blush, but I was a little worried that I might not like the raspberry and champagne notes. I need not have worried at all. This is a lovely, delicious fragrance. I primarily get the raspberry, the champagne, which lends it a sweet effervescence, and the amber. I think I get hints of apricot, mandarin orange, and vanilla as well. This is one of a handful of B&BW fragrances I have tried in the last few months. I really like it. My holy trinity consists of Sensual Amber, Cashmere Glow, and Dark Kiss. I also have Twilight Woods, but I after trying Amber Blush, it definitely moves into fourth place and pushes Twilight Woods to fifth.

If you like amber and raspberry, and if you do not mind a bit of sweetness, I think you will like this fragrance. Longevity, projection, and sillage are not as good as they are with "the holy trinity," but that is okay. This smells so nice that I do not mind reapplying after two or three hours. Amber Blush would work well in almost any setting, including an office and evening wear. Of course it is also very nice to wear after you bathe in the evening. It is a very nice fragrance to wear to bed. Give it a try. I bet you will like it. : )

These scores are within the B&BW family of scents. They are not meant to be compared to the same type of scored given to a Guerlain or a Chanel for example.

Overall Fragrance: 7/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Lovgevity: 7/10

sticky sweet
I received the shower gel free with purchase some time ago. That one smells a lot like gummy bears in the shower; it doesn't linger on the skin much once I dry off though.

The edt is definitely sticky sweet, much like a lukewarm glass of artificially-flavored raspberry champagne. I can't say I detect anything else; the name amber is misleading. Longevity is poor and not any longer than the fragrance mist version.

I purchased Amber Blush for very cheap (75% at the semi-annual sale), so I wear it casually like a body mist. I still wish there was a candle that smelled like this though.
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Amber Blush-More Fruit & Flowers Than Amber
Immediate fruitiness leads to soft tea-infused vanilla wrapped with a bouquet of flowers. The bergamot stands heavy. Bits of spice, lifted by the champagne notes are calmed by the vanilla suede.
When I think of amber, I envision heavier, more resinous materials. Not fruit. Not flowers. The inclusion of orange, raspberry and apricot along with jasmine, gardenia and magnolia into Amber Blush makes this fragrance a bit too sweet, flowery and overpowering. The woods and musk are barely enough to bring it to a pleasing equilibrium where the name could be called Amber alone. It's a misnomer to me. Definitely a cold weather scent with its cloying sweetness.
Amber Blush radiates out for a few hours with one spray. I see this more as a room freshener scent than as a personal fragrance. Sample before you buy.

by Sorceress
by Sorceress

Popular Bath & Body Works

Sensual Amber by Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar by Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods by Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton by Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena by Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom (Eau de Toilette) by Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel by Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path by Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst by Bath & Body Works Dark Kiss (Eau de Toilette) by Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze by Bath & Body Works Chocolate Amber by Bath & Body Works Cashmere Glow by Bath & Body Works Forever Red by Bath & Body Works Cherry Blossom by Bath & Body Works Gingerbread Latte by Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate by Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea by Bath & Body Works Cotton Blossom by Bath & Body Works Enchanted Orchid by Bath & Body Works