Cashmere Glow (2012)

Cashmere Glow by Bath & Body Works

Cashmere Glow is a perfume by Bath & Body Works for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-woody. It is being marketed by Limited Brands.

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Bergamot, Guava, Peach, Wild berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Mimosa, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesKashmir musk, Milk cream, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.07.2016

6.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Cuddly Warm and Sweet Gourmand
Top Notes: Bergamot, Guava, Wild Berries, Apricot.

Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Mimosa, Peony, Jasmine.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk, Milk, Brown Sugar.

This review is primarily for the body mist although I also own the EdT. The EdT is less sweet than the body spray. I blindly purchased the bath gel, body mist, lotion, and body cream after reading reviews and studying the notes, and I layered them for fantastic longevity--12 to 14 hours easily. Projection and sillage are moderate+ on me.

Aside from B&BW fragrances themselves, B&BW's forte is making the matching products for layering. I love using the shower gels and then layering the body sprays and body cremes, and I find that they are pretty uniform in fragrance one to the next. I find the entire experience sensuous and aesthetically pleasing.

I love Cashmere Glow. It is probably my second favourite B&BW fragrance after Sensual Amber. It is soft, sweet, and cuddly. Cashmere Glow, like Sensual Amber, is pleasing from the top notes to the deep dry down. I perceive delicious guava, berries, and apricot upon application. Then, I detect a sweet, delicious mimosa note that lingers and lingers. The deep dry down is a soft, warm, and cushy bed of sandalwood, vanilla, and musk with overtones of sweet milk and brown sugar. Heavenly!

Like Sensual Amber, Cashmere Glow is gourmandy, and whilst I definitely see it as a splendid Autumn/Winter fragrance, I think it can also be worn in spring and summer if applied with a light to medium-light hand. I always spray quite generously even in warm weather because I am mostly indoors, and at this price point, why not? Sadly, Cashmere Glow has been relegated to on-line purchase only, but at least it is still available. I for one hope B&BW will always make it available.

These scores are within the B&BW family of scents. They are not meant to be compared to the same type of scored given to a Guerlain or a Chanel for example.

Fragrance: 8.5/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 6/10

Longevity: 10/10 whence layered with the matching shower gel and body cream and/or lotion.
5.0 7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Cashmere Glow-Playful, Flirtatious, Sensuous Spices
Cashmere Glow warmly lasts a minimal six hours. A wonderful mix of gentle spices, smoothed by woods, vanilla and musk, this is a very calming scent. There is a slight tropical note to this fragrance that persists throughout, however, that I feel negates the cashmere feel. I can live with it, since it's slight. Cashmere Glow is a playful, flirtatious scent to wear. This EdT lasts for hours and hours. I had taken a nap and upon awakening, in the middle area between sleep and full awake, noticed this delicious aroma wafting from my inner elbow. It was filled with a mix of spices, deep spices, a muskiness that was absolutely delectably sensual. I suddenly realized I was still wearing Cashmere Glow. The headiness of this EdT hours later was tantamount to being in a Far East bazaar where my senses are filled to hilt with wondrous earthy spices and incenses.
Cashmere Glow is that rich in its combination of notes that it delivers a resounding punch many, many hours later. It's a warm sensual, yet user-friendly fragrance that makes you want to wrap yourself in wholesome sensuality. Surprise yourself and give it a test-drive.

by Daisyvision