Forever Red by Bath & Body Works
Bottle Design: Established Agency

Forever Red is a perfume by Bath & Body Works for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Limited Brands.

Top Notes Top NotesPomegranate, French peach, Apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesRed peony, Pot marigold, Red osmanthus
Base Notes Base NotesVanillic rum, Marshmallow, Oak wood

Submitted by Joe, last update on 11.10.2016

5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Sweet, lush & slightly boozy
Wow, what an entrance! It smells like a daiquiri! Sweet, lush & slightly boozy fruit, mmm! As it claims to, Forever Red does indeed have a luxurious feel to it, making it a perfect statement-maker for evening wear or a night out. It reminds me a lot of Avon's 'Passion'.
2.0/10

Peach syrup
This didn't work on me. Far ,far too much canned peaches in heavy syrup for any other note to shine out except for the Marshmallow. That came through,with a bit of clean laundry musk. This was so much NOT to my taste that I returned this trial size the very next day.
5.0 7.5 5.0 5.0/10

Forever Red Not Quite Ready In Its Delivery
Forever Red's first spray is warm, inviting and boozy marshmallow. Unfortunately, the rest goes downhill from there. Forever Red seems promising. The SA's told me wonderful stories of how this EdT is made, and it sounds wonderful, but has a plastic, shallow tinge to it on me.
Something is missing to make this fragrance a full-bodied, creamy scent ready to deliver on its promises. It's as if it's almost there-like a soup in a crockpot that's been brewing and isn't quite ready yet. The buzzer hasn't gone off, it's ready to sample and the chef says, "No, not yet."
Peach in the top notes is prominent, peony delivers a rose quality in the middle, and the rum brings along the vanilla and marshmallow to round Forever Red to a fragrance for Bath and Body Works that's different for their usual fragrances but not quite up to par for what they're trying to deliver.
The booziness lasts a few hours but dissipates quickly to a close skin scent. Good to wear at the office, at home relaxing or out to dinner.
8.0/10

Forever Red
Argh. I judged a book by its cover by thinking this is just another overly-hyped fragrance by Bath and Body Works. I gave this a test spritz, and now I want a bottle. OK, so maybe I have been sucked into the hype...

I have said before on another site that the bottle is the love child of Ricci Ricci Dancing Ribbon and Miss Dior Cherie, but the scent is different than its appearance. I wouldn't say Forever Red is a totally unique perfume--I've smelled something from Victoria's Secret like this before years ago--nor would I say it's "our (B&BW) most luxurious fragrance ever" as advertised. I think that title goes to Velvet Tuberose. However, my kryptonite is gourmand perfumes with wood as the base...and this fits the bill. Forever Red certainly has more to it than the usual fruity selections from B&BW. The vanilla rum and oakwood give depth to the fragrance, and the marshmallow is delightful to my nose.

I would say this perfume is in the same vein as Twilight Woods, a sweet wood. But like every other Bath and Body Works fragrance with the exception of a select few, this fragrance does not last long. I can forgive them for charging $29.50 for an EDT bottle; and as much as I do like this fragrance, it is not worth the $44.50 price tag. Hopefully this will make it to the semi-annual sale; perhaps then I will buy it.