Sensual Amber

Sensual Amber by Bath & Body Works

Sensual Amber is a perfume by Bath & Body Works for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is being marketed by Limited Brands.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Plum, Forest fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Lotus, Orange blossom, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Patchouli, Praliné, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Lobelia, last update on 11.10.2016

7.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Wonderful Amber Gourmand to Always Keep in One's Collection
Firstly, let me say that the Sensual Amber range from Bath & Body Works is still available on-line. It is no longer available in their stores, though. Secondly, let me say thatI have nothing bad to say about this fragrance whatsoever. This is one of my all time favourite fragrances!

Top Notes: Plum, Forest Fruits, and Bergamot.

Heart Notes: Iris, Orange Blossom, Rose, and Lotus.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla, and Praline.

Sensual Amber is the first B&BW fragrance I ever purchased, and what a delightful and delicious surprise it has been to use it. I ordered the bath gel, body mist, lotion, and body cream. I loved the fragrance so much that I later ordered a bottle of the EdT which has been discontinued since then--no longer available either in stores or on the website, but I think the body spray smells even better than the EdT, so it is not a huge loss. (You will find the best prices on all B&BW products in June and December during the semi-annual clearance sales.)

I detect wonderful, warm, sweet amber, vanilla, praline, sandalwood, orange blossom, and a tiny bit of iris in this, but I cannot quite distinguish the other notes in the pyramid, but I do not have a highly tutored nose, either. The fragrance is sweet, warm, a bit woody, balsamic, and a bit powdery. It is a sensual, sexy fragrance just as one would expect. I LOVE IT! I layer the various products and get outstanding longevity of easily 12 to 14 hours. Projection and sillage are moderate to high on me if the products are layered. I use the body spray liberally and apply a fair amount of the body creme on elbows, knees, and feet, and at this price point, why not do? This is a fabulous fragrance that I cannot imagine ever being without again. I hope B&BW never decides to completely cease production of it.

I feel this is a fairly feminine fragrance, but I could imagine the right man wearing it as well. It is definitely a superb choice for both Autumn and Winter; however, I think it can also work in Spring and Summer, especially indoors with air conditioning, so long as it is not over sprayed. I love to wear Sensual Amber to bed because it smells so yummy and delicious--the perfect entrée to sweet dreams. : ) Technically, Sensual Amber is classified as a gourmand fragrance, and it is such, but I think it also qualifies as an Oriental due to the amber and sandalwood notes.

Kudos to the nose behind this fragrance, whoever s/he is!! Five Big Stars!!! and two Thumbs WAY UP!!!

These scores are within the B&BW family of scents. They are not meant to be compared to the same type of scored given to a Guerlain or a Chanel for example.

Fragrance: 10/10

Projection: 10/10

Sillage: 10/10

Longevity: 10/10 (layered with matching shower gel and body creme or lotion easily gives 12 to 14 hours of longevity)
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Sensual Amber Holds Its Own In For The Price Point
I love amber fragrances. Although this is not my #1, it definitely can hold a candle to other amber fragrances on the market for its price point. Sensual Amber is a smooth light boozy amber lasting a good four hours. Sillage is surprisingly good. This fragrance is a sexy, sensual scent that's cozy and warm. I get a good mixture of amber, vanilla, praline, patchouli and musk well-mixed together to create a delicious EdT.
I've ventured into Bath and Body Works recently to sample their fragrances. It's been many years since I've walked into one of their stores and I've been pleasantly surprised by the array of fragrances. I found their fragrances hit or miss but as another reviewer has said, sampling to your heart's content is encouraged. Layer a fragrance, wear it for a few hours and decide if it's right for you. That's the beauty of this store. They let you try their products. It's a positive way to sample perfume. I like that. No hassles.

by Gwiazdka72