1805 Tonnerre 1805 2015

1805 Tonnerre / 1805 by Beaufort
1805 Tonnerre is a perfume by Beaufort for men and was released in 2015. The scent is smoky-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGun powderGun powder
SpindriftSpindrift
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
CedarwoodCedarwood
Fir balsamFir balsam

Submitted by Zionist, last update on 21.07.2021.

NO smoked ham
Beaufort fragrances are always something special. Always different, usually brute. Some perceive these fragrances as a nuisance, others as the climax of the smoky olfactory guild. Well, my boss belongs to the first genre, he wanted to test in the office and wondered what was coming up. It was quite amusing, but that was on the edge.
Back to Beaufort: I myself appreciate Iron Duke, I recognize the theme in Vi et Armis and Fathom without wanting to consider them subjectively for me.
Tonnerre 1805, however, appears to me at first sight to be a successful scent and I only want to describe my view of things, as smoked ham is not to be seen here; rather, it is a well interwoven mixture of different scents. For this reason I wanted to have a more differentiated view. In fact, the fragrance does not come out of the bottle unrestrained like other Beaufort creations. It starts with a strong metallic note, gunpowder. This is alternatively staged by the tart lime, which gives the metal-containing element a certain appeal. It is self-explanatory that the whole thing here cannot take place without smoke. But it remains the smoke of a freshly fired weapon, there is no fire here, there are no impenetrable clouds of smoke on the horizon; so we are still at the gunpowder.
The further the fragrance marches, the more the metallic note changes. This is where this tone is created, which many associate with smoked bacon or similar. And they are probably not so wrong, because the metallic moves successively into more ferrous regions. Beaufort calls this ingredient blood. But this alone is not enough and I mean this quite objectively. The spice would be missing and thus a core element of the fragrance. What reads rather dreamily with Gischt, in the end, means the salty note, which comes across a bit airy. Splendid.
All in all, the solution is actually very subtle, one cannot complain. Has the whole thing been constructed too often nowadays? Yeah, just like leather raspberry saffron. But that doesn't make Tonnerre bad. Especially since this is not a new creation. The flaw in the fragrance is more to do with the base. I'm not aware of it.
I really don't mean anything, and of course this is also due to the powerful notes before. When those fade, the fragrance fades. Actually, this is also logical; such fine and rather contemplative notes like cedar wood or fir balm are contrasting.
For this reason Tonnerre is good in my eyes but it would have been possible to do much more. Unfortunately, the perfume "starves" halfway through and cannot be collected. A pity. Of course this is not the only Beaufort that is tamed after hours. But this happens to me too abruptly, too roughly.
Megalojohn
Smoked bacon on the high seas?
I think the scent is cool!

On the one hand, ship-burning chaos on the high seas of a meat trader who has been attacked by pirates!

On the other hand, the whole thing smells very homely of smoked bacon and Bündner Salsiz. More like a day in the woods with fire... :-)

I won't be able to wear it, though, I guess :-/

Like a Boxing Match Between Two Fighters You Hate
1805 Tonnerre goes on with a very aggressive leather that smells like it just came out of the tanning vat. I like leather, but not this way. Ugh. After a while that dies down and the smell of something burning rises from my wrists. This recedes then intermingles with the gunpowder note, which makes me the smallest bit nauseous. By five hours it has died down to an inch or two of projection. By eight, it is a skin scent that smells like smoke. It's a nice ending, but the two main notes just don't work for me. I wish I got some of the others, but I don't. This is a gunpowder-new leather tandem.

I wanted to like this scent, because Beaufort's approach, imagery, and mystique is something I find quite appealing -- masculine, backwards-looking, somber, and intense. However, 1805 Tonnerre is like watching a boxing match between two fighters that you hate, but you're close enough to smell them. The end of the fight is good, though: they knock each other out.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
A slightly salty, yet challenging and boozy, metallic dusty smoky-woody Winter fragrance, with a pungent smoky spicy-citric opening. Art!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 1 year ago
One of the most unique and strange perfumes I've ever smelled. Smells like ashes and smoke on old's woman clothes. Can't decide if I like it
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
Beautiful, narcotic fragrance. Almost pure smoke, fancy one in that. I imagine this is what a smokehouse must be. Very unique and hard frag.
SteelerOperaSteelerOpera 4 years ago
Not for the faint of heart. Gunpowder and smoke will make this difficult to wear for some but make no mistake, it is a beautiful fragrance.

by Duftrebellen
by Duftrebellen
by BoBoChamp
by BoBoChamp
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Beaufort

Fathom V by Beaufort Iron Duke by Beaufort Cœur de Noir by Beaufort Vi Et Armis / East India by Beaufort Lignum Vitae by Beaufort Terror & Magnificence by Beaufort Rake & Ruin by Beaufort