Iron Duke (2017)

Iron Duke by Beaufort

Iron Duke is a popular perfume by Beaufort for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Julie Dunkley

Submitted by Zauber600, last update on 05.08.2020.

'Iron Duke' is a tribute to Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington (1769-1852). The campaign was photographed by Matthew Seeds.

Chizza
The riot squad ends gently
I usually like more extreme scents but Beaufort is one of those things; sometimes the creations are too overwhelming. Iron Duke, on the other hand, I find extremely wearable and I would like to explain why.
Unfortunately I can't tell you an anecdote about how the postman came and pressed the scent into my hand, we both danced for joy until deep into the night, my wife spontaneously prepared a barbecue etc pp. How it is like when a perfume comes in the mail. I only had a bottle at hand to evaluate for me whether a purchase must / can take place here or not.

First of all the Duke gives off a dirty leather smell for me and very intense. The leather is not a rough, somehow raw looking leather, it is just fine with different nuances. Personally, the prelude reminds me sublimely of fresh tar.
Relatively quickly the leather gets smoother and finer features which nevertheless appear rather dark. The leather smell is now stronger, but it flows out more channelled and not groundbreaking as before. A fine spiciness covers the leather, personally the scent reminds me of juniper, is partly a bit fresh but can be neglected in my perception. A light smoke also blows around the leather. This smoke is neither sacral nor cold, but rather arose like an embers and now envelops the leather. This could be the tobacco, which freshly ignites its ashes and lets them wrap around the leather. This mixture has something, but it is very daring and for most people not wearable.

So if the fragrance is really meant to be a tribute to the Duke of Wellington, then it should probably tell about the warlike life of the Duke, who was victorious in many famous battles. So does this scent radiate the hardness of war? Does it tell us about battles that may have a generally gloomy tenor, and which here come close to the scent?

Now, of course, the fragrance changes and becomes much more pleasing, in my opinion even too pleasing after the start. The uncompromising nature of the opening is diminishing, Iron Duke is becoming more diplomatic. It remains intensely aromatic but used with caution. Rum is supposed to be added to the perfume and I can imagine it from here. This is not sweet rum, but because of the intensity it is the self-distilled one. A tender sweet note also comes up. Without having read this now, I would have rather tipped on resins, which are slightly sticky and progress in interaction with woods and appear very tidy, very dosed. Nobody falls off the chair here. Likewise the scent soon reminds me of Aqva Amara and not because it smells so, there are worlds in between. But many people know this metallic tasting tangerine(?); here it also smells ferruginous. Finally Iron Duke surprises easily because it becomes warming and honeyed for me, at least that is my perception. Could very well be beeswax or maybe even honeydew from the trees.
Enormously versatile, as Beaufort shows here. Unfortunately, the end doesn't catch up with me that much and I also wonder if this variability is what will confront the interested parties with the crucial question: what do I think about a purchase? I have clarified this one for me because - with all due respect - Iron Duke is a good perfume, but I lack the final touch to be able to say: the fragrance really stands out.

uffff...
After going around a lot to try to get a sample of this perfume (encouraged by the hype of some youtubers ..), I have finally been able to get one, and these are my conclusions:

If you want to smell like an ashtray and nobody comes near you ... this is your perfume ....

As an olfactory experience, I find it very interesting, since it really manages to evoke, on the one hand, the character of the character he honors (Lord Wellinton) and can also evoke the smell of battle (Napoleonic wars), but outside of that, if your goal is to receive compliments for your scent or to be pleasant to your peers .... well no ...

The output is alcoholic and the future of the aroma that will predominate is already glimpsed: ashtray and old.

But not old of older man, if not old of thing, old object .... old ....

Anyway, for me, neither alpha nor anything like it ...

Would you buy it? If I had the € 130 left over, yes, but for pure collecting.

Do you buy blindly? ..... no, flatly no, don't even think about it.
WoodyBree
Do I want to smell like a cowboy?
For such an extraordinary perfume, you simply have to write a comment... However, it is difficult for me to find words for him... except maybe "Mmmmhhhhh" :)

The Duke came as a nice addition to me and was of course tested immediately.
Pffft, on your wrist and POW! Pooh, what's that?! I don't know what I'm smelling right now, but it's so strong and dense that it almost knocks me out of my shoes. I turn my face away and gasp for air. Wow. Wow. I'd rather let a few minutes pass before I dare to sniff again...
But that is not necessary at all. Gently the smell wafts in small gloomy clouds towards me. First impression: leather. Dry, spicy leather. Warm, very, very warm. And smoky. A thought suggests itself... If the color black had a scent, then it would be this.
However, this impression has meanwhile turned into a warm, dark brown. I feel like I've been transferred to the back of a horse in the midday heat of the prairie. The saddle steams out the mixture of spicy saddle balm and sun-dried, light leather. Among them this smell of the warm horse's body, skin and coat. There's a cigarillo smoking in the corner of my mouth I do not have the knight association often mentioned here - for me a clear cowboy scent.

The question remains why I find it so fantastic. I have nothing with horses, let alone with riding at the hat and in the Western I was always on the side of the Indians.
But for some reason, this smell is driving me crazy. I could cuddle up in this warmth and this living... Hard to describe.
Could feel like a new signature scent, because it's all extraordinary.
The question now is how other people perceive him... Do I smell like horse? Stable? Unpleasant? I guess I'll have to find out, but one thing's for sure. I'll never let the Duke go again
NikEy
If only you hadn't taken off your armour...
Iron Duke. Anyone looking for a steel-hard, impenetrable and heartless scent here has been lured to the wrong vehicle by the name. Quite different, but nevertheless a certain seriousness, coldness and masculine charisma, one can expect with pleasure.

The start, and that's what surprised me, starts sharply minty, almost mentholy cool. Becomes more watery through a dark, aquatic cool note. Short thoughts of shower gel flash up but are quickly discarded again, because we are immediately intercepted and driven away from the mainstream by smoke. Cold smoke, earthy patchouli, a slightly sweet cocoa note. Not everything, but much - especially in the radiation - does not deny a similarity to Pardon and Duro.
Delicate notes of pipe tobacco, bitter herbs and dried flowers together with a perfumed resinity, leather animalics and lots of wood form the back wheel, the independence of the fragrance. And, hell yes, it's just great when fresh aquatics are bound together with resin and smoke in such a way. Foolishly, not many people come up with this idea and unfortunately it has not been possible to keep up this brizzeling game for a long time. More and more the scent impression shifts into a leathery, patch resin combination, which creates the scent unisex at the end and even allows a little sweet-ambry balsam.

So far, I've missed testing Beaufort fragrances in more detail. This one, unlike seemingly many others (at least according to the commentators' descriptions), is definitely wearable in everyday life. Sillage and durability are at a good level, the fragrance unisex with masculine tendency.

by Lasagne
by Lasagne
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Beaufort

Fathom V by Beaufort Cœur de Noir by Beaufort Vi Et Armis / East India by Beaufort Lignum Vitae by Beaufort Terror & Magnificence by Beaufort 1805 Tonnerre / 1805 by Beaufort Rake & Ruin by Beaufort