Iron Duke (2017)

Iron Duke by Beaufort

Iron Duke is a popular perfume by Beaufort for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Julie Dunkley

Submitted by Zauber600, last update on 21.06.2019

'Iron Duke' is a tribute to Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington (1769-1852). The campaign was photographed by Matthew Seeds.

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

WoodyBree
Do I want to smell like a cowboy?
For such an extraordinary perfume, you simply have to write a comment... However, it is difficult for me to find words for him... except maybe "Mmmmhhhhh" :)

The Duke came as a nice addition to me and was of course tested immediately.
Pffft, on your wrist and POW! Pooh, what's that?! I don't know what I'm smelling right now, but it's so strong and dense that it almost knocks me out of my shoes. I turn my face away and gasp for air. Wow. Wow. I'd rather let a few minutes pass before I dare to sniff again...
But that is not necessary at all. Gently the smell wafts in small gloomy clouds towards me. First impression: leather. Dry, spicy leather. Warm, very, very warm. And smoky. A thought suggests itself... If the color black had a scent, then it would be this.
However, this impression has meanwhile turned into a warm, dark brown. I feel like I've been transferred to the back of a horse in the midday heat of the prairie. The saddle steams out the mixture of spicy saddle balm and sun-dried, light leather. Among them this smell of the warm horse's body, skin and coat. There's a cigarillo smoking in the corner of my mouth I do not have the knight association often mentioned here - for me a clear cowboy scent.

The question remains why I find it so fantastic. I have nothing with horses, let alone with riding at the hat and in the Western I was always on the side of the Indians.
But for some reason, this smell is driving me crazy. I could cuddle up in this warmth and this living... Hard to describe.
Could feel like a new signature scent, because it's all extraordinary.
The question now is how other people perceive him... Do I smell like horse? Stable? Unpleasant? I guess I'll have to find out, but one thing's for sure. I'll never let the Duke go again
8.0 8.0 7.5/10

NikEy
If only you hadn't taken off your armour...
Iron Duke. Anyone looking for a steel-hard, impenetrable and heartless scent here has been lured to the wrong vehicle by the name. Quite different, but nevertheless a certain seriousness, coldness and masculine charisma, one can expect with pleasure.

The start, and that's what surprised me, starts sharply minty, almost mentholy cool. Becomes more watery through a dark, aquatic cool note. Short thoughts of shower gel flash up but are quickly discarded again, because we are immediately intercepted and driven away from the mainstream by smoke. Cold smoke, earthy patchouli, a slightly sweet cocoa note. Not everything, but much - especially in the radiation - does not deny a similarity to Pardon and Duro.
Delicate notes of pipe tobacco, bitter herbs and dried flowers together with a perfumed resinity, leather animalics and lots of wood form the back wheel, the independence of the fragrance. And, hell yes, it's just great when fresh aquatics are bound together with resin and smoke in such a way. Foolishly, not many people come up with this idea and unfortunately it has not been possible to keep up this brizzeling game for a long time. More and more the scent impression shifts into a leathery, patch resin combination, which creates the scent unisex at the end and even allows a little sweet-ambry balsam.

So far, I've missed testing Beaufort fragrances in more detail. This one, unlike seemingly many others (at least according to the commentators' descriptions), is definitely wearable in everyday life. Sillage and durability are at a good level, the fragrance unisex with masculine tendency.

by Lasagne
by Lasagne
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Beaufort

Cœur de Noir by Beaufort Vi Et Armis / East India by Beaufort Fathom V by Beaufort 1805 Tonnerre / 1805 by Beaufort Lignum Vitae by Beaufort Iron Duke by Beaufort Rake & Ruin by Beaufort