Lignum Vitae 2016

Lignum Vitae by Beaufort
Lignum Vitae is a popular perfume by Beaufort for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is gourmand-woody. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepperBlack pepper
MossMoss
MuskMusk
SaltSalt
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by M3000, last update on 31.07.2021.

Aura filter
Opening: Lemon Sponge cake, lemon curd, lemon zest, vanilla, egg yolks, nutmeg and almonds. Fragrances changes after 10-15 minutes, from Montale style gourmand cake bomb to a classy fougere, to an animalic based fragrance.
Definitely worth trying, absolutely beautiful, long lasting compliments getter. This perfume should be worn once one wants to make a good impression, this is a highly comforting fragrance. Like an Instagram filter, but not for your face, but your entire aura will become warmer, sunlit, welcoming and nice.
First blue, then wow!
So this is my very first comment at Parfumo. I was prompted to do so by the fact that my bottling of Lignum Vitae had just been emptied. And now I urgently and quickly have to order a bottle. Because without it I don't want to be any more...
Angefixtended by the great marketing I ordered a bottling three weeks ago, came along with another fragrance order. Gloomy is totally my thing. And I think the names of the Beauforts are already pretty great. So which one did I want to test most of all? It's difficult because the ham flavors in the descriptions put me off. I'm an old vegetarian. My choice fell on this candidate, sounded very interesting So now that I was in possession of my bottling, I sprayed it on my arm the evening before going to bed. I was disappointed at first. At first it only smelled like the blue shower gel already mentioned in the statements. So not a candidate to buy.
But since I also like to use up my bottlings (or at least try to), he was worn two days later.
And look, it was worth it. Now I could distinguish the scents, smelled citric, slightly aquatic and unsweet, dark cookie. An odd combination, but it works really well.
The third time it was worn it really clicked.
This fragrance is exceptional, but very wearable, even in everyday life. It wraps me in a cocoon all day long, but never becomes annoying, gives warmth and self-confidence Yesterday I got an inquiry from an acquaintance, who has actually never asked me about a perfume before: "But you're wearing a great fragrance. Extravagant, but I really like it. What is it?"
By that time it had long been clear to me that he would have to move into my collection. And not only to look pretty there, but as a favorite candidate that will be worn all the time.
It's a pity there's so little talk about him. A really good smell. Fits in every season, just smells good and is qualitatively really a highlight. Just had to draw attention to him now. So, stop tapping the keys now, because I'm going to order my Lignum Vitae. I am happy to have discovered it And learned something new. It is often worthwhile to have a second and third nose. Especially when you are rather inexperienced, like me.
So please test. It's worth it

Zesty butter biscuit
There are only 2 or 3 fragrances from this house that are not dark fragrances, this is one of them.

According to the notes it should be categorized as a sea/gourmand fragrance, but it is not at all. The opening is the best part of the fragrance - especially if it lasts for an hour. It is enough only to take off the cap, and smell the sprayer to feel the top notes: salty sea notes and something zesty, in this case it can be the finest creamy butter biscuit note with a hint of bergamot/lime on the top. Imagine eating a delicious biscuit with freshly made bergamot/lime jam. Simply amazing how they blended the biscuit note with the rest of the ingredients. In my opinion this is the most natural biscuit note I have ever smelled.

A masterful creation, very potent and high quality blend, no need to say that suitable or colder spring/autumn days only. Longevity is pretty good, 8-9 hours, sillage is 1,5-2m in the first few hours.

Definitely a must try, a very unique, sexy and masculine fragrance.
Mascarpone
Gourmand of the extra class
After a sympathetic and extremely competent consultation at the Duftkunsthandlung Köln I took this Beaufort home yesterday. Nose & brain get to discover a lot of exciting things here. The vanilla note is not too intrusive, the cake dough not too sweet and the development into the salty is refreshing

Roller coaster perfume
I found different phases un this perfume:

- the opening is amazing. Is un this phase where i can find the lemon cookies wverybody speaks about, during this time the fragance behave as a proper gourmand... It is sweet, Deep, intense, tasty but citrusy.

- after a while the perfume begins yo change and become a more classic fragance, It remembrr me a bit to some shaving foams. This monent i thought, ok, now is when the British gentleman that the brand name an the bottlw evoke appears. Is nice but during this time this is not really my vio of tea...

- suddenly, some hours later, i realized the perfume had changed a lot again. It had turned very animalic and un this face the dry down remebered me a bit to some perfumes like kouros, but a bit more citric.

- after 10 hours i can stil feel some smell on my skin but very subtle. Now It snells just like lemon candies and It remembrr me to the dry down of perfumes like habit Rouge or even q bit to terre d'hermes.

Therefore i am not sure what to think... I really LOVE the opening but the first dry down gets me a bit bored... The middle dry down is interesting but on their last monents It is only a common lemon scent so... I would buy It? Probably un a Next futuro but not for now...

Scent: 8
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Originality: 7
Versatility: 8
Quality/price:5
Global: 7.5
Intermediate season!
Well, when do I carry you, my dear?! Summer? In winter? In the spring? In the fall?
This scent changes for me in the seasons!
He's a gourmand! Dignity speaks for winter!
It's salty! Would speak for the summer!
It's a little heavy..., that's how spring falls out!
Is autumn staying?
It doesn't really matter! A great fragrance that lives up to its promise. It really reminds of specula biscuits by the sea. But in winter you sit thickly wrapped up by the sea and eat the delicious Christmas biscuits? Dunno!
Nevertheless, thumbs up for this extraordinary fragrance!!!
I'll just wear it whenever I want & let season be season, season;)

Test!!!:))

JoloJolo 8 months ago
Musky lemon cookie.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
This is a changing scent... From a pure gourmand which remember lemon cookies til an animalic fragance which makes me think of kouros...

warmer Gewürzkuchen
by Mushroom1109
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Beaufort

Fathom V by Beaufort Iron Duke by Beaufort Cœur de Noir by Beaufort Vi Et Armis / East India by Beaufort Terror & Magnificence by Beaufort Rake & Ruin by Beaufort 1805 Tonnerre / 1805 by Beaufort