Rake & Ruin (2018)

Rake & Ruin by Beaufort

Rake & Ruin is a new perfume by Beaufort for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is smoky-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Gin, Juniper, Coriander, Angelica, Orange, Lemon, Iris, Licorice, Sichuan pepper, Pink pepper, Lemon, Cypress, Pine needle, Violet, Castoreum, Costus, Ambrarome, Labdanum, Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Dry woods

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.11.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Mirage of an arsonist
It was certainly not so much the fact that I wanted to please my parents in any way as the fact that I was no longer willing to do anything with their eternal Beckmessertum. I didn't want to hear Distorted Pony or Unsane anymore either, because my old ones were yelling at me enough already: Stop working. What are the neighbors gonna think? Take off your clothes? We're already cleaning the bottles off your sofa every night! Or: How do you actually smell, have you stopped smoking? What am I grateful for "Rake & Ruin"!
It's a good thing that at the beginning you could still sense some lemons under the burnt wood, perhaps not ideal, but otherwise I can now continue to live my life and face my parents credibly: No, I wasn't working, I got drunk with friends in the woods by the campfire and slept on earth. The leather jacket isn't new either, it's stolen. Or: I made a fire at the Jobcenter. And that also smells authentic, my old people are not stupid, they don't fall for synthetics. No, the smoke is somewhere between Rothändle, Schwarzer Krauser and Waldbrand. Juniper, gin and the Hesperides not only make the smoke look less dull upwards, they also open up spaces of association for great excuses, just like the green needles, the resins and the bitter dark woods. The nuances of old leather fit the image anyway and the fact that the lower part has a sweetly heavy ambry and musk makes the whole thing even more wearable, you can still whitewash it with a girl or a guy, nothing solid of course!
The whole thing doesn't smell too strong either and it always works, in any weather, at any time of the year. I'd hang him up after work, what else would the boss think?
5.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Requiem for a Dream
... and thus unfortunately by far not as good as the film of the same name by Darren Aronofsky.

Less smoke for a lot, or what? How much, you can read above at the scents. Often one does not question the intention at all with such a cornucopia of components if the result is simply convincing. But if this is not the case, then it is impossible to find the "culprit".

In contrast to the second youngest Iron Duke, Rake & Ruin is again closer to the elemental forces of 1805 Tonnerre, Cœur de Noir and Vi Et Armis. It is this rigorous machine-like, gunpowder-like smoking that unites them. Rake & Ruin is more reserved and conciliatory here. Worn on the arm, the citric and light wood tones come to the fore here. In fact, that's what bit into my perception. The picture was disturbed. Worn on my body, it then came to a harmonization, entanglement and dissolution of both poles. It is therefore a more moderate form of the three above. Perhaps an opening, towards other, wider, larger customer groups?

Whether owners and users of 1805 Tonnerre, Cœur de Noir and Vi Et Armis will find a meaningful enrichment here, I doubt. Likewise, that by downsizing the smoke now Rake & Ruin lets the hearts of all those fly, who still turned up their noses at the predecessors. Objectively speaking, it is still a harsh niche scent, which, however, appears almost obsolete in the heavily occupied Beaufort portfolio.

The bottle's good. The atomizer average. I find the packaging remarkably beautiful. Silver embossed print on black cardboard.

On the other hand, Beaufort's service falls far behind. I ordered the bottle right there. Neither an order nor a dispatch confirmation was issued. When I wanted to make sure, I had to find out that you can't log in to their homepage at all! Fortunately, I still had a link from the registration notification that I could use to log in. My profile still says that my order is being processed. No response to inquiries to date. The fact that the 115-pound bottle was delivered with "nothing" (no cover letter, no card, no brochure, no sample or anything else) completes the experience perfectly.

Aquamonza 11 months ago
"The ashtray is already full again - You smoke far too much, dear!"
"Meh-eh!"+2

Popular Beaufort

Vi Et Armis / East India by Beaufort Fathom V by Beaufort Cœur de Noir by Beaufort Lignum Vitae by Beaufort 1805 Tonnerre / 1805 by Beaufort Iron Duke by Beaufort Rake & Ruin by Beaufort Terror & Magnificence by Beaufort