Mogador by Benchaâbane / Les Parfums du Soleil

Mogador is a perfume by Benchaâbane / Les Parfums du Soleil for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Ambergris, Ginger, Cardamom, Arborvitae, Nutmeg, Cedarwood

Submitted by Florin, last update on 14.07.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 4.5/10

FabianO
The peculiarity of a long-scratching room scent winter spices leaves construct
The first Benchaâbane I hold my fingers, and it leaves me somewhat perplexed.
The already very contrary comments below encourage me to sort "Mogador" into a category of bulkiness and questionability
Very peculiar, let's start with that. In the first minutes a confusion of room scent elements of the winter spice fraction, obtrusively much cardamom, a bit prickly with ginger mixed.

Then something more orderly, the above tree of life penetrates more. Vegetable, slightly ivy, slightly poisonous-green, nutmeg as a slightly edgy-nutty spice in the background.

After 20 minutes it gets a little rounder, although my astonishment about the strangely combined aromas does not want to give way. It remains ingwerzitrisch green and extraordinarily vegetable, slightly mineral (probably thanks to ambergris) and somewhat dull and dry thanks to the quite overdosed cardamom.

No, not an experience I really want to repeat with joy
7.0/10

Very Whale?
Mogador has a pompous demeanor, showing off its spices and carrying a name reminiscent of Arabian history. The ambergris in the pyramid fits the image, raises expectations of exclusivity ... but will it keep the promises?

To put things in order, the first impression derives from ginger, soon nutmeg and cardamom chime in and I think there might be a hint of cinnamon in the background.

The backhand greenish thuja (arbor vitae) is lovely, I must admit I would not have detected it without the cheat sheet but it is there indubitably reminding me of the many thuja needles (leaves?) I ground up between my fingernails as a child and never could get enough of.

As the base approaches the scent becomes more peaceful, the oriental notes seem to be unusually concentrated in the heart, so I'm highly expectant of the promised Ambra, which (I believe) I love in such scents as L'Air de Rien (why does the pyramid list amber when in my opinion there's so clear an abundance of ambergris?)m Fetish, Baldessarini EdC, the old Alyssa Ashley Ambergris Oil for Houbigant (not to be confused with the new Alyssa Ashley Ambre Gris, which is not bad at all but smells like the one from Perris Monte Carlo) or pure Ambergris Tincture ... so if any Ambergris is present the amount is certainly smaller.

To me the basis consists of a beautiful pure white musk like the one in White Linen (wasn't the previous J'Ai Osé incarnation similar? I believe I smelt it once but am not sure I got the name right). Stunningly beautiful, but more of a deer than a whale.