Bentley for Men Absolute 2014

Bentley for Men Absolute by Bentley
Bentley for Men Absolute is a popular limited perfume by Bentley for men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-smoky. It was last marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation Limited Edition
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Pink pepper, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesPapyrus, Sandalwood, Atlas cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oud, Moss

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 22.11.2020.

Whiskey-Cola from the Ruhrpott
Udo's alcohol problem was well known and actually Wolles Eleven aka the drunkards of Herne didn't mind very much, because they were never averse to an alcoholic drink. Wolle even went so far as to build a hiding place for a flask into the sole of his shoes, but that's another story. But at some point fate struck and Udo had to cut short on medical advice, his lover Intense from Bentley had to move out.
Udo had a hard time with that and the gang had to think about what to do: "Men, we need a new signature for Udo. What could one take like that? Yes? Bodo?"
"How about an aquata so that Udo only thinks about water?"
Hotte, as a direct neighbor, moved away and pulled a disgusted face. "Bodo, Udo is a bit too happy at the glass, he's not a mermaid looking for the next pond." Murmurs of agreement were heard.
"There's some fine ones with incense and stuff." "We don't want to baptize Udo."
"We're too late for that anyway", flattened Hotte and everyone laughed except for Wolle, who didn't understand the joke.
"No, no, think. No leather, we got plenty. Nothing more intrusive than the smell of that band, you know... Yes Sir, I can Boogie; you know what I mean?"
"What about old scents like Habit Rouge?"
"Totty....we already had that topic....(attentive readers know my Habit Rouge EdC-Post ;))"
l "II be quiet. Not that I have to throw my club clothes in the fire again today."
Suddenly one of the new ones got up from the lower panel and wanted to speak. Wolles Eleven had set up a kind of medieval table in Hotte's garden. The high table consisted of beer benches, the throne for Wool was a worn out sofa and the lower table was in the end made of stone tiles.
"Well, I know it sounds crazy, because I'm crazy, as you know. But do you know the Bentley Absolute? It reminds me of whiskey and coke." "Th-Th-This....is...genius! Diluted schnapps, exactly what Udo needs now to cut down! Tell us more!"
"So the Absolute is characterized by the fact that the ginger becomes slightly smoky due to the incense and the pink pepper - which is not real pepper - has a mild aroma and thus makes the fragrance easier to digest."
"Ah, that sounds rather limp to me so far. Only the aquatics were even more disconcerting."
"well, the scent has amber and cool moss added to it, and these seem to rub off on the other ingredients in such a way that this whiskey-cola impression occurs. In any case, the sweetish cool note is clearly noticeable, as is a dry paper wrap."
"Does that mean that when Udo drinks it, nothing actually happens? Is there no rum in it or something?"
"You can't say it like that either..."
"You heard him! We have the solution! The Absolute is healthy and Udo's solution! Nevertheless, he smells of liquor!"
The crowd roared and the Absolute was ordered in rows. Because of the presentation, they knew they had the solution because the bottle looked like a new-fangled Coke bottle from the brand with the not-so-funny range of motorcycles. At first they wanted to go to Salguod but nobody was able to get there on a sober motorbike anyway. Thanks to Sparky, the club's heraldic animal, nobody had the idea to order several litres online. Afterwards he grinned to Sparky in his head and thanked him well. The troupe didn't wonder why he sat in front of them nodding his head and grinning stupidly. "Sparky?" "If he's passed out like that, I guess he's giving him advice again."
Musikus70
Here the oud is annoying
As an absolute fan of the Gucci Pour Homme - DNA I have owned and loved the Comme des Garcons Man2.
Due to the many comments on the net that the Bentley is even closer to the original I finally tested it. 28 Euro for 100ml, a joke!

Sprayed in the morning.
First impression: "Yep, absolutely right".
Gucci Pour Homme in a different "disguise".
But wait! There's something in there that I can't sooo remember and that bothers me. That's - Oud!
Was that in the "original" too?
Never mind. If it was in there then, it didn't bother me anyway.
And I don't mind oud. But I do mind the Bentley
After a few hours there is hardly anything left of the others to smell. But the oud remains persistent and is really annoying now!

Honestly, I was glad when I was back home after work and could take a shower.
Now I don't know what to do with that still full bottle?
Throw it away right away or keep it in the cupboard until the next day?

Conclusion: for me "Comme des Garcons Man2" is and remains the best alternative to Gucci Pour Homme. Period!

MrHonest
The strong and silent type
With autumn fast approaching, I was inspired to pick this one up as a daily-use alternative to my ever-waning partial of Gucci Pour Homme. True, I never expected it to be a carbon copy of Almairac’s original creation, but the fact that it’s received so many accolades since its release certainly coloured my optimism. In the end, I’m happy to say that I wasn’t disappointed.

Immediately from the first spray, I get a creamy cedar and sandalwood – a bit muted if I’m honest – but it only takes about 15 seconds for the ginger and frankincense to appear in full force. Compared with GPH, the cedar note is virtually identical – dry, arid, almost powdery and certainly not the sappy, piney kind you might find at a lumber yard, nor the rum-soaked pet-store variety dominating the majority of Bentley For Men Intense. Within a few minutes, the combination of incense and papyrus begin to form the same cumin-esque accord I also get from GPH on my skin. To the untrained nose, the effect is somewhat analogous to mild body odour, yet not exactly unappealing, nor very potent.

In fact, beyond the settling of the incense, ginger and creamy woods into an almost-sweet amber in the drydown, there isn’t much development to the fragrance at all. Within 30 minutes, it’s basically a skin scent and I don’t get any of the pink pepper, oud or moss. From top to bottom, the whole thing feels like it sits incredibly close to the skin (standard for a base-heavy composition) and most of the spiciness, including the quasi-cumin accord aren’t in the sillage at all. Yet, despite the 7-8 hours of longevity, the projection remains the most wonderfully peculiar and unpredictable aspect of the fragrance.

Sometimes, it seems like BFMA stops projecting at the 1 hour mark. At others, I’ll suddenly get a generous waft of that wonderfully creamy, incensed wood from 2 feet at the 3 hour mark. Several minutes later, another hint of an unexpectedly simple, yet sexy skin-like woody amber. As I go in for a close sniff, it's clear that the entire fragrance in its full, spicy splendor is still there; yet, in the projection and sillage, random assortments of notes seem to present themselves at will, varying with skin temperature and atmospheric humidity.

It’s a peculiarity for sure, yet it certainly doesn’t detract from my overall enjoyment of the stuff. There’s just something incredibly attractive about its humility, its discreet aptitude – a modest portrait of the strong and silent type. If PdM's Galloway is the smell of a sawblade burning through wood, BFMA is the carpenter's workshop - a dense, full bodied aroma of freshly made furniture. No, it’s not nearly as complex as GPH, nor as potent, but therein lies its relaxing and simplistic charm. I can absolutely understand why some people would consider it an introvert’s muse – a fragrance for personal reflection, not ostentation.

Nevertheless, I can also imagine that for others, the overall experience of BFMA might be rather underwhelming. Composed of almost exclusively mid and base notes, the effect is more like a woody secretion produced naturally by the skin rather than an outright perfume that announces one's arrival. It’s understated; basic; perhaps even leaning synthetic in the drydown; and despite being a very decent representation of GPH up close, the projection can be weak, lacking resolution and bafflingly inconsistent.

But the fact is that I love it to bits. To me, it’s a fragrance to wear when I don’t feel like wearing a fragrance - you know, those days when less is more, when intimacy reigns, and silence is golden. Would I recommend it? Yes I wood. Pun intended. Especially now, with the average life-span of formulations approaching 2 years, sooner is always better than later once demand settles at discounters. And for the steadfast GPH fan, who knows when the next decent smell-alike will ever appear? Almairac? Parle moi.

Batch: 104526G19 (Tester)

Dark and stormy...
Bentley for Men Absolute is definitely a dark fragrance, and best for fall and winter. I agree with Ken Tavr's review wherein this fragrance smells like pencil shavings and burnt electronics. But not in a bad way. Very unique!

I immediately felt like I was sitting in the back of a car with leather seats. While there is no leather in this fragrance, there must be notes creating leather; and a different leather from say Ombre Leather, Tuscan Leather, La Yuqawam Homme Rasasi, etc. This is a car leather. Not a purse leather, jacket leather, and is very dry. No sweetness in this fragrance. I really enjoy it.

I really don't get any smoke or amber. This fragrance is very different from Bentley for Men Intense (which I also own and love). I give Bentley for Men Absolute an 8/10.

Great for anyone's fragrance collection!
Who knows GUCCI I remembers
I had read a commi about La Martina Pampania Noble
It also described that a similarity with GUCCI I
...to be determined. At the same time also Bentley absolute
mentioned.
So I went and got both scents The La Martina Pampania noble has in my opinion little to even
to show no similarity.
But with the Bentley man absolute is a good one for me and besides that
inexpensive alternative arose.
Volker1964
A really nice scent, absolute...
After the Intense my second Bentley fragrance Here we go Top note
This is, not too strong, spicy and smoky. The smoke is not too dominant. Overall quite balanced and well present.
Heart note
Here successful wood notes come into play, the wood is slightly smoky. Oud is intimated.
Base
Oud is coming through. The fragrance gets a sweetish touch. The whole thing is rounded off by a well-integrated moss note. Very pleasing.
Conclusion
An overall quite successful and pleasant fragrance from beginning to end. I like to wear Bentley Absolute at Wimter in my spare time. It lasts with me for about 5-6 hours.
P/L very good.

Love at first sniff!
Love at first sniff!

its not too often that I pull the trigger on a fragrance right after I've smell it for the first time, this was an exception.

This is a fragrance for you. You wear it when you wear it because at that moment in time, you are feeling a certain way. I wasn't expecting it to be versatile, but it is. Its not loud but it lingers around for a long time. I think it would be perfect for close encounters. I also think it would be most ideal for the office environment.

This is a gem in the rough, a steal if you ask me.

It Smells Like Sherlock Holmes's Apartment
To begin with, I've read quite a few reviews here and there making a comparison or stating that Absolute is the perfect replacement for the discontinued masterpiece Gucci Pour Homme... Albeit it is a child of the same perfumer that created Gucci Pour Homme, and as you can see the notes are very similar, but they are a bit different, yet I will not express any opinion here being I had no chance to get together with Gucci, sigh, my bad.

Bentley for Men Absolute is a story I have had my eyes on since its release communication over a year ago after being highly impressed with Bentley for Men and even more-so with Bentley for Men Intense. I've waited a while to try it, it was not available here in Italy, and online the price was still too high. Swiftly, a few days before Xmas I came across it on eBay from an Italian seller, it was relatively new, just tested with few sprays, and bought it. I like Bentley for Men, Intense, and all the other flankers very much, but Absolute makes its mark at all. Ain't similar to the original, nor to Intense or any other flankers. The first two are more about the leather and rum, along with a different bay leaf note. Absolute is an entirely different scent. Absolute is dry, is woody and spicy, is ashy and resinous, is unique among all Bentley's colognes and all of my collection's artifacts.

If I were asked to describe Bentley Absolute in one word I’d say smooth! Oh man, is this juice just smooth. It smells luxurious and positively masculine. The notes of incense and freshly chopped wood remind me too much of the traditions and holidays of my childhood in past winters. And, to wear this fragrance in any other season but the winter, to me, seems plain wrong, unless you're on a cold fall which is fine, either. It is a classy and luxurious scent in a mysterious dark way like its bottle, and I do have the all black one.

But, let's jump into the smell. The opening is divine! Hands down the best overture of any cologne that I own. That blast of fresh pencil shavings magically blended with pinchy pink pepper and smoky and spicy incense. I adore this opening and wish there was no scent development with Bentley Absolute, just that opening. Don't get me wrong, I like the dry down too, but I love the initial accord most. When this juice does dry down, it’s dark and muggy and smooth. This redolence is the smell of an Arabian prince, Ali Baba I think was wearing this if he were a real man. This treasure feels less like cologne and more like a scarce and expensive anointing oil. It is initially bone dry resinous pepper with fresh birch sap in the background that initially brings to mind. All the while I detect slightly pungent ginger and papyrus mix and ever so slightly sweet pink pepper orbiting around the main notes of bone-dry oud and olibanum dripping into a flame.

Absolute, I will call it this way from now on, uses precious woods and natural essences to define an experience of pure luxury. Michel Almairac did a great work here. The top note surprises, with a spicy cocktail of fresh ginger and pink peppercorns, and a hint of mystical frankincense. As aforementioned, it is not citrus, yet clean and tasty and smoky from the very beginning.

The fragrance announces its uncompromising extravagance within just a few seconds. After several minutes the heart note unfolds with elegant woody aromas of papyrus, cedar, and sandalwood in a way that is remarkably powerful and masculine. Atlas cedar is noticeable in the top notes, and the pencil sharpener accord is outstanding as in LeLabo Santal 33. Papyrus intensifies this dry and bare accord more, whereas sandalwood adds creaminess and balances the heart.

Absolute smells like incense, the resins put under heat and are just at the brink of giving of smoke but it hasn't yet. It's warm, it's natural... this is gorgeous. This is not the incense stick kind; this is the same high-quality resin smoked to perfection.

The base note includes the most seductive essences in the world of fragrances: Oud. It is agreeable and not too sturdy, this time blended with other resins and woods rather than bitter saffron, amazing rose or luscious vanilla. The sensual ambergris and elegant harmonies of moss surround the golden resin for a gorgeous and longlasting dry down. I've read a few reviews stating that Oud is not noticeable at all... That is not true to me, Oud is there and gives that far east touch to this cologne without being too medicinal.

It is not a firm or heavy scent though it is warmth-inducing.
It is almost linear even though dominant notes appear here and there during its development, the pepper note is more pronounced in the opening then it fades slowly, but ginger, oud, and olibanum remain virtually until the end. The dry down is a tangible woody and dry smell with a little sweetness.

I think the longevity is just a bit more than average, it is quite a beast, you could smell it the day after on your t-shirt or sweater, yet the projection and sillage are moderate, not offensive. The scent lasts for many hours on my skin and sits reasonably close. I love it, and I have been wearing it every day since receiving it. Absolute is very masculine, very sophisticated and very in line with the Bentley brand promise. In my own words and after only a week I own it, I am blown away by this fragrance. It is the wafting smoke of a red-hot saw blade struggling to cut through some old hardwood.

Ultimately, about the title, somehow I get that association. The wooden and leather chairs, the old books, the smell of all sorts of tobacco, the coziness and the vibe of all the visitors coming and going. I find this very attractive, not necessarily in a sexy way but still somehow intriguing. It has class and style in a rather old-fashioned, yet not dated way. It is not pushy nor boozy like the Intense when applied with caution, and the longevity seems to be slightly above average. Good juice this!

Absolute made my day!

-Elysium

Abso - Lutely!
If you are worried about losing the last few drops from your Gucci PH, rest assured this one will do well as a much cheaper substitute, I dare say it might be a bit bolder. A wonderful dry - woodiness at the opening similar to Gucci PH1 and made by the same nose. Save your money, don't buy a vintage Gucci unless you get a great deal :)

Yes, absolutely yes!
The 2 Bentley Absolute bottles I own are totally black, so different from this page photo.

I remarked a couple of features before blind buying this perfume:
- Reviewers I trust claimed it to be similar to Gucci1. The notes are comparable and both have been created by Michel Almairac.
- It seemed that the oud note was not dominant.
Since I run out of Gucci1 six years ago, I have been trying to find a substitute. I refuse to pay 300 Euros or so for one of the rare offers that we may still encounter in EBay. Well, Bentley Absolute is not a xerox copy of Gucci1 but it's a nice substitute giving me the same olfactory feel. For this purpose I also use DSquared2 Potion.
I like oud but more than 90% of the oud fragrances I own are oud dominant. Lately I am trying to experiment fragrances where the oud note plays an important part but it is not the dominant note. I may refer a couple of examples like Tom Ford Noir de Noir or Perry Ellis Black Vanilla Absolute. And yes, Bentley Absolute totally meets this criteria.
Red pepper, incense (olibanum), ginger, woods, amber and oud are the main notes I pick from this fragrance.
The pepperish opening with strong frankincense and ginger notes is quite pleasant. A dry woods accord does developp a little later with the papyrus and cedar notes.
The initial notes are quite persistant, specially frankincense, and everithing is framed together with amber and oud in the bottom development. In this phase I do notice some similarity with Halston Amber.
The fragrance is a balsamic, resinous and smoky almost permanently. I really love it this way. The blending is perfect.
The drydown is a bit on the soft side. Actually the perfume is not prominent in any stage, The performance is average for the listed notes. I expected Bentley Absolute to be a little bolder.

Now the mathematical final examination:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Opening....................10.0 (great incense opening)
- DryDown.....................9.5 (dry woods, amber and oud magnific "finale")
- Longevity....................8.0 (up to 8 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays)
- Sillage..........................8.0 (sillage peaks up to 5~6 feet; projects for 2.0 hours)
- Versatility....................7.5 (avoid any type of hot temperatures)
- Usability......................8.0 (quite ecletic and easy to please, for this type of oriental scent. Beach, Gym and any type of hot or swety events are excluded; under spray for dates and intimacy)
- Compliments..............8.5 (it will please a lot of people and not only oriental oud scent lovers. Compliments will happen easily)
- Uniqueness.................8.0 (The Gucci Pour Homme 1 association is the major drawback for uniqueness; this fragrance also makes me remember Comme des Garçons2 Homme and DSquared2 Potion Man)
- Quality.........................10.0 (High qualit ingredients; gorgeous heavy glass bottle, great spray and cap)
- Presentation...............10.0 (really beautiful diamond shaped bottle, extreamly well designed details, stunning deep black flask)
- Price.............................9.0 (for my second and most recent bottle - a 100 ml non tester flask - I paid a total €33,90)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Average:......................8.77/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Bentley Absolute":
A masterpice offering me 3 very well blended accords that I really love: It's dark, ambery and smoky.
Blind buy worthy? Yes!
For past and future owners of Bentley Absolute: "I don't care if it smells like Gucci PH1 or not. This masterpice is awesome on its own! It's woody, resinous, smoky, ambery and manly... I love it!"

Music: "You're Gorgeous" by Babybird

KimJongKimJong 11 months ago
Encre Noire Extreme with a refreshing sweetness, Le Labo Oud without the messy musk, Natural and cozy version of Comme Des Garçon 2.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
A selection of dry wood –sandal, cedar, oud– blended with resin: a sober, masculine fragrance for the cold winter or rainy autumn days.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Absolutely awesome! Bentley Absolute is a masterpiece offering me three very well blended accords that I really love: dark, amber and smoky.
FqjciorFqjcior 3 years ago
Definitely a twin brother of Gucci Pour Homme with the same woody-incense'y accord. A perfect masculine and sophisticated scent.

by Shuqush
by NasiGoreng
by MyKosmo
by MyKosmo

Popular Bentley

Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley Bentley Infinite Intense by Bentley Bentley for Men by Bentley Bentley Infinite Rush White Edition by Bentley Bentley for Men Black Edition by Bentley Momentum Intense by Bentley Bentley Infinite by Bentley Bentley for Men Azure by Bentley Bentley Infinite Rush by Bentley Momentum Unlimited by Bentley Momentum by Bentley Bentley for Men Silverlake by Bentley