Bentley for Men Intense 2013

Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Bentley for Men Intense is a popular perfume by Bentley for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with The One for Men (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Black pepper, Bay leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesClary sage, Cinnamon, Rum, Woody notes, African geranium, Labdanum
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Benzoin, Cedar, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.09.2020.

"Smell like James Bond"
This description comes from a review of this fragrance on Youtube. Independently of that I've read it several times elsewhere on the internet, I couldn't wait to test this scent. The bottle makes a solid impression in terms of appearance and workmanship. Somehow it simply fits to a car brand. The fragrance has a very intense smell of alcoholic notes, some cinnamon and sage. The rum notes are not for everyone, I like it. But when these alcoholic components fade away with time, a strong leathery smell comes through paired with a subliminal sweetness that reminds a bit of vanilla. The shelf life is above average, but with time nothing exciting happens in the development. The scent is rather something for an older wearer, I miss that certain something that would have made the scent more exciting. Roger Moore would have been a James Bond, to whom the fragrance would have suited. A Daniel Craig, on the other hand, is too daring for that, it would have been too monotonous
Guilty conscience..
Normally, fragrances are discussed very controversially on different levels. Logical if you consider that a fragrance should reflect your own personality.

Bentley for Men Intense seemed to be a total exception. I have hardly known a fragrance that is perceived so positively according to YouTube and other sources. The scent composition, the enormous durability and the eccentric sillage were confirmed by every source. Even the price of 20 to 30 Euro for 100ml does not offer any criticism.

The logical conclusion was the scent. Of course, anticipation and expectation went out of control and the package was hardly there when it was already open.

I have now applied the fragrance more than once on paper, wrist or neck. I just can't do it.
As much as I wish I liked the scent, it won't be a love affair with us anymore. The strong smell of alcohol (rum, supposedly) disappears only after about an hour. Also the remaining notes are partly too soft and partly too loud. Cinnamon and vanilla I perceive only conditionally. Leather on the other hand remains dominant during the heart and base notes.
Admittedly, durability and silage are really monstrous, but unfortunately this is of little use to me.
It is not my intention to present this scent as bad. On the contrary! From a craftsman's point of view, this is certainly a successful fragrance. Unfortunately Bentley for Men Intense does not fit my personality at all.

So who can wear this scent?
In my opinion, a man of middle or advanced age. Who is looking for a perfume for evening events and/or the cold season. Perhaps also someone who wants to appear a little more affluent than he actually is.

If you find yourself in this description, I hope you enjoy the perfume. Unfortunately I had none.
Boooooooom!
...I'm here!!

This is how I feel when I wear this fragrance
First of all, I would like to differentiate between two things, because I can either put on this fragrance naturally, because I like it, or I can put it on to attract attention.
Sometimes there are meetings or presentations in which it is important for my person to stand out, to polarize (marketing). A meeting, where I want to show cheeky, easygoing and selfish: "Ladies and gentlemen, I am here now!"
And just when such appointments are coming up, I put this beast on my skin (among other few).
Recognize the difference? Up to now I have not yet said and disclosed whether I really like this fragrance, because I simply don't care about that at first, if you use my argumentation above. I just want to polarize and dissect other fragrances, and that's what Bentley Men Intense does. And all this in an attractive and unbeatable price-performance ratio.

So, do I like this scent or not?
Yes, I love him!
Synthetic or not, so what? He possesses dominant charm, exorbitantly much rum at the beginning, leather in the course and a lot of masculinity. Despite his dominance he does not appear "edgy" but cuddly.
Of course, it does not fit to the evening barbecue in shorts and T-shirt, because you have to give this fragrance the appropriate framework.
Either as described above, or to an evening event, in a suit, tuxedo, jazz or piano bar. I myself wore it in a jazz bar (basement vault), less dosed and must say, it fit perfectly.

Silage, as already indicated above, is outstanding. Therefore dose consciously and intelligently.
Endurance is also outstanding, although the rum DNA decreases in the course of time, but the leather component is more dominant.

Flacon is just as hot as the fragrance itself. Very high quality to the touch and an eye-catcher, everything seems very well processed and solid.
Evil water...
Well, it's a fact that you have to get through the first hour. You really smell like an East German shoe store with an additional flag. Leather and alcohol. But the smell is not disgusting, rather interesting, especially since you constantly smell yourself and notice the development. It's a very masculine scent and doesn't suit teenagers at all. You need the right age, looks and clothes. The reactions of women in the office are very divided here. Young women find the fragrance mega and attractive, the slightly more mature girls think it smells like "old man". If you're a top manager walking around in fine thread anyway, you can make a bond with it. It just doesn't go with shirt, shorts and disco. Otherwise - it lasts the whole day. Great stuff...

Rquill67
Rum, Cinnamon and Incense on the dry down!
This was a blind buy and totally blew me away. Most of the generic mass-appealing designer fragrances that you can purchase at your local department store have a synthetic DNA. Bentley for Men Intense is an awesome fragrance. On the opening I do smell the pepper, and then there's the rum, and cinnamon and as it dries down I can really smell the incense in the base. I love incense. I highly recommend this guys if you like gourmand, warm and spicy / oriental fragrances. Very happy with this one. You cannot go wrong with the price-point either!

Razvanyke
Classy Bentley interior with long lasting fragrance
At first I thought that it does smell like a new car interior but then after spraying on the clothes by mistake, I realized that it last very long and it changes in a rum, boozy, ambery kind of nice smell.

I cannot say that is my favourite perfume in the world but for around 20€ to have such high quality smell which lasts long and gives a good mood when you wear it, I am in.

It is for a more mature audience like 30+ in my opinion. Please see my YouTube video with the unboxing.

The Buddel Rum in test
Me and my cowl friends from our rocker club Wolle's Eleven were once again on the hunt. After the next luscious leathery scent for us. Just had to be cheap, so the price. Everything for the bikes was on it. So we looked for the next snapper after the Cerutti and the Dark Rebel. The latter was known to be too soft alcoholic, either the girls washed it down or we used it for disinfection. Actually it was only our Holden who threw it down

Now you hear and read about the Bentley so often. It is not my motorcycle brand due to lack of motorcycles but the little fragrance sounded quite good. Should be a pithy leather scent. So the eight of us go into perfumery. Oh, I must explain. We used to be 11, but then three of us got out because of a motorcycle and dolly incident. Remember, it's better to carry boxes and tape won't hold the car to the motorcycle.
The cashier's hands in the air. A customer dropped an Aventus bottle in fright. Afterwards he told me that it wasn't out of fright before us but because of the batch and because of our appearance he saw the chance to eliminate the bottle from this batch.
"Put your hands back down, young lady! This is not a robbery! We just wanted to test some scents."
The situation relaxed noticeably although we were observed. Colleague Kalle inquired about a scent and was offered the corresponding shower gel. So I had to intervene: "Take it, Kalle! You are in dire need of it! My wet dog smells better than you!" Case solved.
So off to the shelf where the Bentley Intense is. "Hecki, what does Parfumo say?"
"It's a fragrance bomb, open up that bottle." So I opened up and sprayed. What can I say? Intense rum, you can tell the cinnamon is there, because honestly, it's not good for the rum. The Bentley Intense has a rather plain smell. But unfortunately so intensive that our Udo had to be held back. He is not allowed to drink any more and wanted to buy several bottles directly. We had to intervene.
Here on Parfumo there was something about pepper and we all agreed, it was noticeable. Rather like the laurel in the background, which added a certain bitterness. In the center first the rum and then soon the leather. It smelled as if the alcohol would open the dirty pores of the leather and this melange now breaks its olfactory path.
Now Kalle nodded approvingly after he had read through all the ingredients. "Yes, yes, the African rose geranium stands out clearly." "Boy, what about you? Too much inhaled of the stuff? You don't know what a geranium looks like!" "Sure I do. We have it in the garden. It's just a flower." No one else smelled something from Kalle's garden in that perfume. But everyone only knew the beer tent set and the table from downstairs from Kalle's garden

Well, let's get some fresh air and let the scent work. So off to the pub! Not around here. So we went to a café, waitress came, pot of course. Except for Rudi, who ordered a Vanilla Macchiato Espresso Doppio. I rather sat down for a while "So, wool, now tell me, what do you think about this thing here?" I'm taking a long look around. I couldn't think of anything at first. Then I took a sip of coffee. "What can I tell you? First he hits you out for alcohol-soaked leather and then he refines it, but I found it to be simple knitting and more a deception about the weaknesses."
"Where you say it, exactly. Not much happens there and the leather smells more like the cover of the garden furniture, not fine leather like for my motorcycle."
Now Udo answered: "You know, I have already consumed a lot of alcohol in my life Everyone nodded. "But this, the rum, it doesn't smell that good. Rather a mass rum, matching the mass scent "I also mind the course, men. It gets paler and paler and towards the end somehow smoother, warmer and woodier. But only subtly warm and woody. Sandalwood and cedar, yes, but I don't recognize incense. That's too little for me "Where you say it's true. At eye level with the Dark Rebel safe, 1881 Signature is a little better and leatherier than those two if you ask me. They only differ in that one mixes high-gloss leather and rum, the Bentley is dirtier."
"All right, men! Then we're through. Yes, Udo?"
"You go ahead, I might take one of those rum things, I'll take my perfume."

Bentley Intense has a strong focus on rum; both leather and rum do not smell high quality and their blend is nothing you don't know. I know the scent has many friends that I don't want to get too close to. For someone looking for leather scents, this is not a good choice. For me it hits a notch with the mentioned scents, all of them are different from each other, but in the end they are similar in spirit. The Cerutti perhaps the least. Bentley Intense is quite linear, swells up like Pandora's Box, gets gradually quieter and in the end even cosy, the scent has something of warm alcohol.
DavidBn
Nice smell, but watch out!
Like some others I ordered this fragrance after many good reviews and an incredibly low price - actually I try to avoid blind purchases...

The first time I applied it, it made quite an impression on me. Which means that I find the fragrance itself really nice. The rum and the leather, somehow it just fits. But: it's very intense and at least I quickly become odour-blind - which of course doesn't mean that others don't have to smell it anymore.

In terms of performance is impressive both in terms of projection and durability - especially when you consider the price. On my skin it easily lasts 12 hours and projects meters - sometimes too much of a good thing. When you walk into a room, you'll get noticed.

In summer (when I am around people) I would completely avoid the scent, in winter 2-3 sprays are enough in my eyes. All beyond that only makes enemies...

In summary, I would say that it makes sense, if possible, to sample the scent. If you already have several leather scents (smelled) and like alcoholic notes, I think it would be worth a blind buy at that price. Despite my criticism, I still don't regret the purchase!
Pity
After I saw and read the good reviews and the price was very affordable, I decided to buy it blind ... often a mistake.
It is an olfactory bomb with a huge projection and duration, but I really can't handle it, it even stuns me: too much like liqueur.
It's not meant for compliments, but it is supposed to attract attention from a distance.
The output is very strong with 2 sprays filling a room.

So for people who like alcoholic notes I can only recommend the Bentley Men intense.
Absolute TOP a hammer
For me a great perfume,
i fully endorse the commentary of
Leimbacher an.
May not be missing in my collection,
a spare bottle is always at hand.
The fragrance is naturally roomy, but very
elegant and cuddly.

AithanAithan 23 hours ago
A bitter opening.
At drydown, Rum, Leather and Wood illustrate sitting in corner of a bar.
Performance is above average.
TorkeTorke 11 days ago
A very masculine scent.
Smells like a very rich man coming out of a very expensive car after drinking a very expensive whiskey.
HugoderricaHugoderrica 47 days ago
Masculine and long lasting. One of the best fragrances in my collection. To me, an absolute must own, recommended for colder days and nights
TsoTso 66 days ago
Very good and bold fragrance. A bit too bold actually, because I find myself wearing it rarely - the boldness might be offensive to some.
KimJongKimJong 78 days ago
I bought this last year, and it's not very strong. I consider it halfway between Bvlgari MIB and Guerlain Heritage. But not a good way.
Aquarius1Aquarius1 124 days ago
A very dense, boozy fragrance for colder months. No date fragrance, unless you are trying to get her drunk on the fumes of Bentley Intense.
Tdebruin73Tdebruin73 6 months ago
Heavy scent so before of overspraying as it can be overbearing if you smell it for long. Could still smell it after more than 12 hours.
MutterMutter 8 months ago
Disappointment.With all the hype around it online, i finally bought blind it from N.Regret every cent.Weak smell and zero sillage.Damn :((
ItchynoseItchynose 15 months ago
Pure rum & resin for cold winter nights; warm, masculine & very boozy, a gentleman's scent with very good performance. Good value for money.
DPArtistDPArtist 16 months ago
4.5
Strong, intense & mature. Surprised it's been hyped so much as it's the antithesis of a crowd-pleaser. High quality but BLIND BUYER BEWARE!

by DonLeBon
by Valgranges
by Hobelspan
by Hobelspan

Popular Bentley

Bentley for Men Absolute by Bentley Bentley Infinite Intense by Bentley Bentley for Men by Bentley Bentley Infinite Rush White Edition by Bentley Bentley for Men Black Edition by Bentley Momentum Intense by Bentley Bentley Infinite by Bentley Bentley for Men Azure by Bentley Bentley Infinite Rush by Bentley Momentum Unlimited by Bentley Momentum by Bentley