Bentley for Men Intense 2013

Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Bentley for Men Intense is a popular perfume by Bentley for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Bentley for Men Absolute

Top Notes Top NotesAfrican geranium Black pepperBlack pepper FrankincenseFrankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeatherLeather LabdanumLabdanum Clary sageClary sage
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.05.2022.

The Hypetrain Going at Sonic Speed
If you are reading this review in 2022, you are curious about the hype behind Bentley for Men Intense. Multiple YouTube channels praise the fragrance. Several forums on the internet speak positively about the fragrance.

The question is, is Intense worth adding to a collection?

----

The fragrance starts with an opening that is a spicy yet sleek combination of black pepper and frankincense. As it dances with the leather heart note, and the woody base notes, the smell evokes an image reminiscent of an interior of a new luxury car with comfortable leather seats. (Wait a minute …)

The fragrance is not complex, so it disappoints artisans. However, it does not take away from the fact that it smells fantastic, especially if you love leather as a smell. The scent goes against the trend of sweet smells, making it stand out more in the crowd as unique.

The quality of the smell should not be a surprise if you are familiar with the work of Nathalie Lorson (Encre Noire, Legend Spirit, Black Opium, etc.) and Firmenich as a company (Layton, Dylan Blue, White Suede, etc.)

Also, while leather is a masculine scent for most people, I will also say that if a woman wore this fragrance, she would turn heads, and would make her seem badass if she wears the fragrance with confidence.

----

In terms of performance, Bentley for Men Intense is a durable fragrance that has incredible performance.

The sillage and projection have a moderate range. Intense will not permeate a room upon entry, but it turns the heads of anyone passing by within walking distance.

That said, there is longevity.

Intense lasted on my skin beyond 12 hours, with a strong projection during the first three. The insane part about the fragrance is that I took a shower and could still smell the fragrance. I needed to shower again to make sure the smell dissipated.

Apply this once and the scent will last the entire day, and possibly into the next day. That would be an impressive performance for a parfum—Bentley for Men Intense is an eau de parfum!

----

In terms of social scenarios, Bentley Intense for men is more of a situational fragrance, but it has some versatility.

I am skeptical about using it in the workplace. It can work in a non-physical setting (e.g.: a desk or workstation), but may not if physical labor is involved (e.g.: factories, warehouses, etc.). Keep that in mind if you are involved with the public regularly.

I also would not try it in the gym. I do not think Intense will reach crimes against humanity territory thanks to the sage notes, but a leathery and woody fragrance rarely ends well during and after a workout.

That said leather on a hot sunny day is a terrible idea. The same applies to leathery scents — wait until the sun goes down in the summer before using this fragrance.

That said, when the sun goes down, regardless of the season, Intense shows its true capabilities. In one scenario, you are at home winding down the day alone and preparing for the next day. The smell would fit the mood, as it is cozy and relaxing.

In another scenario, you are out with friends, going to a restaurant or a club. The smell projects, and will grab some attention from anyone that notices, but blends in enough that it is not annoying.

Alternatively, you can be on a date of any kind, and the fragrance will work, whether it is the first date or an anniversary date with a significant other or spouse. The scent is cozy and warm.

----

Overall, Bentley for Men Intense was an underrated gem at the time of release in 2013.

However, as people discovered it, people saw how amazing and different the fragrance was, along with the outstanding performance. Now it is the darling of forums and fragrance videos.

Does it deserve the attention it is receiving? Without question!

The only negative points I have about Intense are it does not work well in the summer, is a questionable choice for an active lifestyle because of the prominent leather note, and is not complex enough for those seeking fragrances for artistic purposes. That is not unusual, and I have said worse things about other fragrances.

However, for people seeking a unique fragrance, wants to have a winter scent, a fragrance to use date night scent, a solid leather aroma to add to the collection, or a quality scent that has great performance, Bentley for Men Intense gets the job done, and at an affordable price. (Although the price is rising because of the hype.)

---
Edited on 04/18/2022: I incorrectly called Bentley For Men Intense an eau de toilette. The fragrance is an eau de parfum.

Syddemizard
Scent for a personal enjoyment
Resinous, balsamic, an spicy at firts. Maybe it give the aroma boozy, you can feel some refreshing about 10 minutes. After it show up the woody notes blended with the resinas. In my skin disapear the boozy characters and it remain the woody notes with the resinas. It become more frienly but it is keeping the mascunility and the dark
Smell diferent in blotter, more spicy and boozy
14 hours later, a pleasant soapy and powdery sweet trail is perceived, which gradually evaporates and dissolves in the woody background, until everything slowly fades away.
Masculine and strong. Little bit versatile. Good performance. It like more a men that women.
Its feel creamy, resinous, spicy, boozy (only sice 30 minutes in me), woody and smoky, a little bit oriental, in the viber of Givenchy Gentleman EDP, not the same, in the style.
Very warm, for the winter and cold nights.
Scent for the perfume addicts.

Overhyped.......not at all!
So many reviews, so many Top Tens, so many Cheapie Top Rankings. Nothing new to say. It's a gem already 10 years and will be a gem in next 10 years.
Bought it realy cheap, 20EUR(100ml bottle) on sale with free shiping. But even current price of 25-27 EUR is worthy. Presentation, bottle, cap - high class. Very funny and tiny atomiser, but works good. Boozy, spicy, resinious and a bit gourmandish type of smell.
Strong projecting and longlasting, but mature scent and mainly for cold weather.

A very sweet leather
That’s what I get from this. Not quite the “beast” that he’s described as, but he does have a very good longevity.

Off the opening you get a good 2-3 ft of projection, with a nice sillage that does sit and linger for a while. The longevity is as advertised, going an easy 10 hours. So the performance is indeed worthy…

… now whether you like it or not depends on where you set your expectations up, and if you like the sweets, the booze, and the leather.

If you dislike ANY of those notes, than don’t take this trip, because you will get a taste of each on this journey. They will each give you a loud “hello” and they will stay and sit a while on the long ride.

For me? It’s worth the blind buy if you KNOW you like those accords.
3.5
Pepper, the leather handbag and Pat Chou Li
I haven't drunk as much as I did last night since I was a teenager. I think it was a whole bottle of rum or whiskey that I emptied. Maybe both. I think it was probably caused by my breakup with my girlfriend. Yesterday she broke up with me.

My name is Ben T. Ley. And this is my story of the week.

My girlfriend's name was Pepper. We met at the mall two weeks ago. Actually, I was just going to get a quick TK pizza when I met her in the clothing department around 9:00 pm. She was looking at some handbags while I grabbed a leather handbag for appearances sake. The smell of leather hung in the air, which I really can't stand. But somehow I had to look busy so I could get a closer look at her first.

When she finally looked over at me, our eyes met. She smirked slightly and walked towards me. As she stood in front of me she said that this was a nice handbag, but that a ladies handbag did not suit me. Embarrassed, I put the bag back and we got to talking.

The name Pepper was program, because she had truly much pepper under the butt. Constantly she was on the road. Whether at parties, on trips or any events. Always restless. She worked out a lot and participated in various fitness classes. I'm rather the opposite. I'm the quiet type. On weekends, I'd rather watch a movie with a bag of chips and dressed in my favorite hoodie. That was my thing.

I think that was ultimately why the relationship ended. Nice as she was she explained to me that she thought it was a shame because I was such a nice guy. She had fallen in love with her new fitness trainer, who has been running the pelvic floor training class since the beginning of the week (I've never heard of such a muscle, but I'm no expert in that field either). The guy's name is Pat. Actually, she explained, his full name was Patrick Chou Li. But everyone in the studio just called him Pat.

Well, in the end, it was a brief pleasure with Pepper. And with her, all the thoughts of leather handbags, rum and Pat Chou Li faded away.

End
------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, this fragrance disappointed me across the board. I confess that I have been influenced by good ratings and reviews of certain Youtuber. High quality and cheap. Sounds good already. The scents have also appealed to me: pepper I smell only briefly at the beginning. Then follows something alcoholic that I can not define. The end is a light note of patchouli. That's all I can say about the notes. Overall, an inharmonious fragrance, from which I had expected a lot, but which does not fit at all to my collection and me.

H and S are actually good. The price, of course, unbeatable.

Still, not a fragrance I want to wear.

Thanks for reading. I hope my impression of Bentley for Men Intense has come across something.

Peace

Before you buy
I've got this fragrance a few months ago. It's very long-lasting (stays in my skin for 2 days), the sillage is great. However, make sure that you like boozy fragrances. It's more suitable for older (30+) guys that wear classy and dominant. If you're looking for a playful type of fragrance this is not the one.
MarcusP01
Niche fragrance character for little money
I'm honestly pretty excited about the fragrance. You see it often in videos as a price performance - King for colder temperatures and that's all true. Had him always already on the screen and finally a mega offer came along and I had to do it.

First to the bottle: really extremely good, solid glass, nice for the eye in the collection. I do not understand why, for example, a Tom Ford flacon gets better ratings on Parfumo than this one, honestly ...

The fragrance itself was described to me in advance as whiskey, spicy-leathery DNA with some wood and patchouli. I myself would say it's a masculine spicy-smoky patchouli scent that comes down very quickly to base notes. I don't smell much leather (unfortunately). Much more patchouli is in the foreground. This is ingenious because it really smells like a niche fragrance. Of course, I do not mean the qualitative aspect but the DNA, which is simply more daring and more masculine than a Spicebomb Extreme eg.
very unusual, not mainstream, yet pleasant and warm and not at all penetrating.
Really well done! In colder temperatures just perfect.

The durability is good. No Beastmode fragrance but also nothing that flies. On the skin it works less long than on the clothes I find, therefore clearly a fall-winter thing.
Sillage is also good, but not great spekatkulär. The first 1-2 hours are really good then goes slowly back.

In summary:
I got a 100 mL bottle for well under 20 € and I have to say really, if you want to see how it is to wear a rather unusual fragrance with niche character and is on male DNAs then try the!
I'm afraid not.
After many good blind purchases I bought based on youtube reviews, this is the first one I don't like unfortunately. It feels kind of inconsistent to me. The sweetness, the leather and the alcoholic component just doesn't go together at all for me in this creation. The longevity is really good but that's not a positive thing from my point of view. Fortunately, he was not expensive.
Ouch
After many reviews, some very good, I have fortunately only ordered a bottling from a colleague here. Summarize me briefly, I have never experienced such an incongruous fragrance. Leather prevails, mixed with a very penetrating sweetness, and nothing else. Tastes differ, thank goodness, but I can barely, no, not at all stand this scent. And by the reaction of my wife I felt confirmed. She has condemned me to scrub the arm so long until you can no longer perceive anything of it

PedroCabral
Damn, what a good perfume!
Honestly, it's worth a lot more than it costs, despite being currently one of the leaders in detachment in perfume groups. If I were given a blind try, I think I would give it a value over €70 (attention, I only paid €25 per 100ml).

It has a very nice balance between woods, resins and the rum accord. In fact, this rum is present throughout the evolution of Bentley, which opens with a fluted bergamot. I also feel a mixture of pepper and bay leaves.

Then it becomes more and more resinous, with a very interesting incense supported by cedar and sandalwood. These woods are even a little spicy, which is due to the black pepper. Here, too, it becomes even more resinous, smoky, with a very elegant leather.

Towards the end, a domesticated patchouli, together with a very well blended sandalwood, combined with a more present cedar, complete, together with laudanum, this beautiful fragrance.

This perfume sets you apart from the rest, as it exudes class! It has niche quality and seems more suitable for night events between cool and mild climates. The performance is really good, projecting for 4/5h and with a longevity of at least 10/12h (all this for the price I indicated above).

Look no further, grab yours now!

MartinD28MartinD28 2 months ago
Like standing in church next to a drunk in a midnight choir.
SyddemizardSyddemizard 3 months ago
Resinous, balsamic, and woody. Maybe it give the aroma boozy, good performance, little bit versatile
DinoRDinoR 3 months ago
Great boozy, leather scent, in base gets amber-like, and some vanillic qualities. Bang for your buck, couldn't imagine winter without it.
CaptainApekCaptainApek 3 months ago
Bought and decant for this, and this doesn't smell suitable for me in my early 20s. Not versatile
VinScentVinScent 4 months ago
The ultimate cheapie. Awesome value. Rich and niche smelling with huge performance (even reformulated version). Classy. Boozy. Contemporary.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 4 months ago
For its price it's a masterpiece. Strong rum and leather, very boozy, sweet and spicy, bit smoky. Could be overwhelming if you use too much
MickoMicko 5 months ago
Scent it' s okey but reformulated. Very bad versatile
ZalogurZalogur 5 months ago
This the first fregnance where I feel I may throw up. Boozy/Smokey not in a good way.You either love it or hate it no in between.Try before you buy!
HeriscenticHeriscentic 5 months ago
Bentley Intense is a divisive fragrance of great quality and performance, but few souls not in their senior will find it a wearable scent.
50something50something 9 months ago
Manly stuff. I wear this often and when I want. It’s basically making a statement to me: I don’t care what you think.

by DonLeBon
by Andrezinho8
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular by Bentley

Bentley for Men Absolute by Bentley Bentley for Men by Bentley Bentley Infinite Intense by Bentley Bentley for Men Black Edition by Bentley Momentum Intense by Bentley Bentley for Men Azure by Bentley Bentley Infinite Rush by Bentley Bentley Infinite by Bentley Momentum Unlimited by Bentley Bentley Infinite Rush White Edition by Bentley Bentley for Men Silverlake by Bentley Beyond The Collection - Mellow Heliotrope by Bentley Beyond The Collection - Majestic Cashmere by Bentley Beyond The Collection - Radiant Osmanthus by Bentley Momentum by Bentley Beyond The Collection - Exotic Musk by Bentley Beyond The Collection - Wild Vetiver by Bentley Momentum Night Edition by Bentley Beyond The Collection - Rich Pimento by Bentley Momentum Unbreakable by Bentley