Pure Pastel Mint (2017) Eau de Toilette

Pure Pastel Mint (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay

Pure Pastel Mint (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Betty Barclay for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesYuzu, Currant, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Cyclamen, Rose tea
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Sylkolide™

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 08.01.2019

6.0 4.0 5.0 6.5/10

My bedtime scent # 3
It's the same every time: It costs me a little effort to spray Pure Pastel Mint on me. The initial, seemingly artificial twitchiness wants to be overcome.

But this soon vanishes, and after a good quarter of an hour Pure Pastel Mint (the EdT) rewards me with a gentle and "digestible", calm radiating, hand creamy cloud, which is interspersed with a hint of marjoram charm. Everything is very fine and bright. The scent impressions approach me cautiously. And never all of them at the same time either: sometimes I notice almost shy flowers waving to me from the background as soon as they are noticed, but they also like to turn around and disappear into the back of the cloud giggling; then it's rather this gossamer, yet serene and sublime marjoram note that instils incredible confidence in me. That's also the aspect I like most about him, and that's why I have included him in my collection. Nothing about him is loud (except the sugar in the beginning ;-) hihi), and he doesn't stick to me very long either.

Pure Pastel Mint does not enter the big stage in terms of craftsmanship and quality, of course, but unfolds its inconspicuous magic on a small scale for all those who are receptive to such quiet tones and do not set the big standards here.

I can best appreciate it in private and quiet moments, especially as a bedtime scent (yes, sometimes I feel like a scent accompaniment for the horizontal retreat from the day and transition to the realm of dreams). For this "field of application", Caron "Pour un Homme de Caron" and especially Gucci "Gucci pour Homme II" are my most frequently applied favorites, therefore "number 3", besides Pure Pastel Mint.

One last remark: My favourite Indian restaurant uses a few splashes of rose water for the Mango-Lassi, just enough to "sound" the taste a bit. I have such a perception here at Pure Pastel Mint also with the rose note. But as with the other components: very discreet and sometimes more, sometimes less superficial.

My appreciation of the fragrance is somewhat clouded by the initial sugar wall, also the "small appearance" with the described restrictions is not disregarded. Thus I land in the range 6.0 - 7.0.

by Gandix
by Gandix
by Villarouge
by Villarouge

Popular Betty Barclay

Pure Style (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Woman Nº 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Tender Blossom by Betty Barclay Woman Nº 1 (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Style by Night by Betty Barclay Woman Nº 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Chic by Betty Barclay Beautiful by Betty Barclay Pretty Butterfly (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Sheer Delight (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Precious Moments (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay In Love by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Mint (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Lemon (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Woman by Betty Barclay Beautiful Grace by Betty Barclay Voice (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Beautiful Eden (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Betty Barclay (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Bohemian Romance (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay