Pure Style (2010) Eau de Toilette

Pure Style (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay

Pure Style (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Betty Barclay for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, White freesia, White peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesWhite amber, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.10.2019

10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Bayadere
My number one cream fragrance
One reason why I signed up for parfumo after my collection had risen to over a hundred bottles in just a few years is the analysis of my daily behaviour. I don't want to buy fragrances anymore that will dust in the back corner of my closet for years.

The winner in the "frequently worn" category is actually the drugstore fragrance Betty Barclay, Pure Style in the eau de parfum version. Since I like musk scents, woody notes and white flowers, this scent first migrated to my watch list, then to my collection and has slowly become one of my favorites. Since I find the overall rating too low, especially in comparison to the other two pastel fragrances from BB, I decided to write my first comment on this fragrance.

With fragrances I am less interested in the individual fragrances than in the overall impression and I find it very successful here. All other cream fragrances from Nivea to Jil Sander Style to Femme from Bvlgari have been a bit too sweet or pleasing for me, but this one meets exactly my taste and type: completely straightforward, simple and straightforward. In particular the renunciation of vanilla, tonka bean and sandalwood and other "warming notes" makes Pure Style special for me. I can well imagine, however, that some people perceive this fragrance as undercooled and unfriendly. For me personally this composition is simply perfect.

Of course there are more complex fragrances with more expressiveness, but nobody gives me the feeling of inner tidiness anymore. I always use this fragrance when I want to be for myself and do not have to play a social role. It doesn't matter if I just bring order into my apartment or do yoga.

Once sprayed, I take the scent over eight hours was very good. But I can't tell the scent is running. The fragrance remains in its simple creaminess on the skin until it slowly fades away after approx. 10 hours. I also like the bottle very much. It looks chic in my white-gold-grey bathroom and is also very comfortable to hold. In its round form, I even consider it to be a real hand-smoother.

White
"Pure Style" (the eau de parfum) is the first perfume ever by Betty Barclay which I acquired. It is housed in a rather minimalist white bottle, very fitting for the scent. It starts very white with freesia, a bit of bergamot and already lily-of-the-valley joins in. In the dry down this is supported by musk; I can not notice the other notes.

All in all it is floral, but a fresh greenish floral without a hint of sweetness and a slightly powdery touch. I would go so far to call it minimalistic and somehow it reminds me of "Blanc" by Joe&Paul. Also I think Jil Sander, but why?
It can be worn everyday, even for business and fits well for spring. The small bottle is good to take along, which is needed for touch ups as longevity is about half a work day.

by Pa2mspringz
by Pa2mspringz

Popular Betty Barclay

Pure Style (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Woman Nº 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Tender Blossom by Betty Barclay Woman Nº 1 (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Style by Night by Betty Barclay Woman Nº 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Chic by Betty Barclay Beautiful by Betty Barclay Pretty Butterfly (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Sheer Delight (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Precious Moments (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay In Love by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Mint (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Lemon (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Woman by Betty Barclay Beautiful Grace by Betty Barclay Voice (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Beautiful Eden (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Betty Barclay (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Bohemian Romance (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay