Woman Nº 2 (1999)

Woman Nº 2 by Betty Barclay

Woman Nº 2 is a perfume by Betty Barclay for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesSandalwood, Violet, White musk
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Bourbon vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.07.2020.

Beautiful Betty
Admittedly, I didn't have much love for Betty Barclay fragrances until now. Except for one, Voice, which was one of my favorite scents in the mid 90's along with Noa Noa and Vanilla Fields.

I found Voice so special at that time because I rarely smelled this kind of sweetness in a fragrance. The liqueur plum was so indescribably beautiful. As it is, these three, to my sorrow, were hired shortly after that
I was so happy when I found the twin fragrance of Voice thanks to Parfumo: the Quelque Note d'amour by Yves Rocher.

Betty Barclay Woman 2, I wasn't paying any attention.
I don't like scents that are too citrusy and fresh, but the blue bottle reminded me exactly of this: Sea, salty air, seaweed or detergent, masculine and tart. I also found the bottle boring and unimaginative...
After reading the comments here, I have to agree with the perfumes, Woman 2 is none of this.

Right at the beginning in the top note I smell lemon/tangerine/bergamot. This doesn't last long, because shortly afterwards I smell sweet almonds or almond pudding, although the almond is not listed in the fragrance description. Maybe this is also the amber?

My strongest smell is the rosewood. It is present from the beginning I don't know what violet smells like, but I can imagine that it is responsible for the beautiful powderiness. The cedar makes Woman 2 never too sweet despite the bourbon vanilla and amber
What I was very surprised about was that after testing, I noticed that Betty Barclay Woman 2 is amazingly similar to Yves Rocher Folies de Saisons L'esprit dans les etoiles en Hiver, the winter scent. No wonder, both were launched in 1999 and have almost the same scents.

Woman 2 is a powdery-warm sandalwood-vanilla-almond fragrance. I associate with Woman 2 the winter, snow, Christmas market, but also the Orient with its sweet delicacies, almond biscuits with icing sugar, nevertheless Woman 2 is never sugar sweet.

I am glad to have found a worthy replacement for the already discontinued Yves Rocher fragrance.
In the future I will no longer be deceived by the colour of a fragrance. Because behind the supposedly "cheap" drugstore fragrances there are one or two little treasures hidden..

by TIA1971
by TIA1971
Und wieder durfte ein Mini mit zum See...
by Ilovecoffee
by Schnuffi
by Duftelinchen
by Duftelinchen

Popular Betty Barclay

Pretty Butterfly by Betty Barclay Woman Nº 1 by Betty Barclay Style by Night by Betty Barclay Voice (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Beautiful Eden (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Chic by Betty Barclay Pure Style by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Peach (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay In Love by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Lemon (Eau de Parfum) by Betty Barclay Tender Blossom by Betty Barclay Sheer Delight by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Peach (Eau de Parfum) by Betty Barclay Beautiful by Betty Barclay Precious Moments (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Pure Pastel Mint (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Bohemian Romance (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Tender Love (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay Beautiful Grace by Betty Barclay Betty Barclay (Eau de Toilette) by Betty Barclay