Pulse Summer Edition (2012)

Pulse Summer Edition by Beyoncé
Bottle Design: Lutz Herrmann

Pulse Summer Edition is a limited perfume by Beyoncé for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Mandarin, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Woods, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.06.2015

2.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Blah-Blah Fruity Floral
I'm not a huge fan of Beyonce's fragrances, but I find this limited edition oddly fun and inviting. Pulse Summer Edition has a rather juicy and sweet approach, something that will more than likely appeal to teenagers, but also something that the older consumers may enjoy.

The opening is quite sugary and fruity on the skin, with orange candy, icy pears and a dash of pink pepper. The overall feeling is a tad tropical, and although it wears beautifully on warm, sunny days, it could work well during the cooler weather too.

Benzoin and orchid work well together in the heart, ramping up the sweetness and providing a slightly gourmand twist. Pulse Summer Edition is the kind of fragrance I'd probably wear out clubbing as it reminds me of all those sweet alcoholic beverages, namely daiquiris.

This composition is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, you could draw comparisons between this fragrance and many other celebrity scents on the market. I'm refraining from giving this fragrance a bad review, because I honestly find myself enjoying it, even though I'd probably never buy myself a bottle.

It's nice to sometimes revert back to your youth, and wearing such a sweet fragrance like Pulse Summer Edition takes me back to the memories of those carefree days. In my opinion, this fragrance is more juvenile than grown-up.

The lasting power was actually quite impressive, and the sillage was thankfully moderate, so I didn't end up smelling too much like a walking lollipop. I am yet to test the original Pulse, so I cannot comment on their similarities or differences.

Originally written: July 28, 2012.

by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Beyoncé

Heat (Eau de Parfum) by Beyoncé Heat Rush by Beyoncé Pulse by Beyoncé Rise by Beyoncé Midnight Heat by Beyoncé Pulse NYC by Beyoncé Heat Wild Orchid by Beyoncé Heat Seduction by Beyoncé Heat The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour by Beyoncé Pulse Summer Edition by Beyoncé Shimmering Heat by Beyoncé Heat Ultimate Elixir by Beyoncé Heat Kissed by Beyoncé Heat (Solid Perfume) by Beyoncé Rise Sheer by Beyoncé