al01 by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke

al01 is a perfume by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Arturetto Landi

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Basil, Bergamot, Galbanum, Raspberry, Peach, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Gardenia, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Narcissus, Orange blossom, Orchid, Violet, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Iris, Sandalwood, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by Chemist, last update on 08.07.2019

5.0 10.0 7.0/10

A modern Chypre
To be fair I have to admit "al01" by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke is a modern and perfect chypre with all the trimmings. "al01" is revealing a green tangy top note, citrical, fruity, with a green, spicy vegetable touch. The top note is crowned by the special acrid scent of galbanum.
Unfortunately I have my difficulties with these kind of classical chypres. Out of this the worste for me is the oakmoss.
I am doomed to smell oakmoss from the first whiff of a perfume till the end. And that usually is lasting for more than 12 hours. If I am wearing or testing a perfume with oakmoss at night it will still be perceivable for me till next morning like a hangover. Often a shower or the trial to remove it by washing it off my skin does not work. There will always still be lasting a hint of oakmoss without mercy. That seems to be my fate concerning oakmoss. Though exceptions are possible.
The green top notes lasting all over the longevity of "al01" and they are enriched by a noble perfectly composed flowery heart-note. Not to much dominated by white flowers but with the fine soapy whiff of aldehydes. The base notes of "al01" are developing a real creamy and feminin chypre" by santal and musk , accomplished by ambergris and some not listet balsamic ingredients. The aokmoss which should be present in the base notes had almost withdrawn. Now I would like to perceive some woody notes and the listed vetiver which I cannot recognize and that I'm regretting a little bit.