gs02 by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke

gs02 is a perfume by Biehl Parfumkunstwerke for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-leathery. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinth, Angelica root, Campari, Orange, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesCastoreum, Leather, Tobacco leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by RENATO, last update on 30.08.2019

6.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Great Men Fragrance
Very beautiful men fragrance . Very fine leather, Absinthe, amber with this sweet from the Tonka, a fine tobacco leaf combined with the animal beaver geil . Reminds me very much of the super beautiful and complex Anvers of Ulrich Lang. Although the Anvers has more bang
5.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

Renovated concept
This is the most refreshing leather scent that I´ve ever smelled, you get herbal and fizzy aspects rounded with a leathery and animal notes, almost sexual. But I think the best of this fragrance is the concept, it is like a completely new and modern way to smell leather in a fragrance, you are wearing leather, yes, but it´s like you are wearing something with herby and acuatic feel, this is very unique. This is not the first time Geza Schoen refreshes heavy ingredients, he has done masterfully in Clive C. X for example.
The perfume also has a very nostalgic 90´s vibe, it´s like every cheap and manly scents of the nineties mixed together with the most interesting comtemporary niche notes to get a familiar but renewed sensation at the same time. I really appreciate that vibe, really transport you to another time. You feel like home. Comforting, sexy, modern, manly, very inspirational and out of creation standards. Geza Schoen knows how to do it.

Helpful Review
Meh...
GS02 is a dry tar-herbal-fruity scent with a greyish “synthetic ash-smoke” feel all over, a sort of subtle amber-civet undertone, and an airy-gassy fruity note that weirdly reminds me of Baldessarini EDC and to a lesser extent, Lang’s Cuiron. While pretty much all the rest, the synthetic tar-leather base and the synthetic woodiness kind of remind me of Jil Sander Scent 79 (or any other cheap “dry-woody” contemporary fragrance) with an added old-school animalic vibe and a whiff of some sort of eucalyptus/cypress/olive tree note (half of these will be gone in minutes, anyway). The only thing I like here, i.e. the only thing which doesn’t remind me of ten times cheaper fragrances, is the overall texture, which is indeed fascinatingly weightless, feeling almost “empty” and fairly modern – “fairly” because honestly I am quite convinced that if GS02 was called, don’t know, “Herr for Man” and cost 20 EUR at your local drugstore, I bet everyone considered this “a generic and dull woodyamber-fruity scent smelling too light and lasting like a fart”. Worthy a try, but nothing really more than that for me.

6/10
5.0 2.5 2.5 7.0/10

Drseid
Subtle, But Maybe Too Subtle...
gs02 opens with a mild and quite brief squirt of fresh orange before it turns into an accord I don't think I can easily describe... It has a bit of an olive oil-like smell mixed with bitter cherry spiced leather which most likely is a combination of angelica, castoreum and wormwood among other ingredients. This slightly spiced leathery-olive heart accord sits on an amber base that is not sweet at all, while from start to finish the scent is both minimalistic and extremely subtle in one. Projection and longevity are both poor.

I know I like gs02, but it is hard for me to pin down why. It is so subtle that I find myself having to apply a bunch of it on skin to try and nail down its scent. Even doing that, I am at a loss for words to describe what it truly smells like and I am sure my vague descriptors in the paragraph above do not do it justice. All I *can* say is it smells unique and quite good, but I wish it were much more assertive. In short, gs02 is a minor success from Schoen who also created Clive Christian's masterpiece X for Men that has some similarities in its base. I definitely prefer X over gs02 by miles, but gs02 is a good way to sample what Schoen has to offer at a much lower price tag. gs02 earns a very good 3.5 stars out of 5 and is recommended.

Hermesh 3 years ago
First campari orange, combined with bitter absinth note, then soft leather with a slight sweetness and constant grassy tartness. Interesting!+1
5.0