Bijan Black for Women (2006)

Bijan Black for Women by Bijan

Bijan Black for Women is a popular perfume by Bijan for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

James Krivda

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pomegranate, Jasmine
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.04.2015

7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Not Black
For a long time I assumed that the use of "black" and "noir" in the titles of perfumes was an indication of their notes. Nope. All it seems to mean is that the fragrance should be considered elegant or mysterious or off the beaten track. Well, I find Bijan Black quite elegant. I've learned Gardenia's slightly bitter, almost mossy undertone is great for making florals classy, if done well. Bijan did this well. Musk and Sandalwood are lovely in the base and the use of Tonka Bean instead of vanilla keeps the fragrance from being overly sweet. Though I can detect the Jasmine and the Rose, Bijan Black smells like someone plucked flowers and put them in a mink-lined vase. This is the second Bijan I've found to be less than a sillage monster, but I think that's intentional. Though he designed loud and ostentatious Bugatis and Rolls Royce's, I don't think Bijan was into loud scents. This one's not an oriental, not a chypre, not fruity and not precisely floral. What is it? Brilliant. Good for any event, including elegant or mysterious ones.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

I am intrigued
Houston, we have a problem!
Why is this perfume named Black when it is so sparkling and colorful?
I delayed writting a review about it because, since I first used this scent and was taken by the rainbow of colors it suggested, I could not think about composition, development etc. My mind was trying to find out the reason for its given name. Still wondering. Maybe some of my friends at parfumo have a suggestion .
This eau de toilette, with great longevity, is in my opinion the most joyful perfume among the Bijan creations and I own almost all of them. The fruity note is permanent while the gardenia and the rose are singing sotto voce. It takes some time to reach to the base notes and the first one to pierce the fruity shell is the mus, soft and light. The entire composition is extremely pleasant, like a luminous day.
Why BLACK?

by Angellover
by Angellover
by KC2503
by KC2503

Popular Bijan

Bijan Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bijan Bijan Women (Eau de Toilette) by Bijan Bijan Nude for Women by Bijan Bijan Nude for Men by Bijan V.I.P. Bijan Women by Bijan V.I.P. Bijan Men by Bijan B Exquisite Women by Bijan Bijan Black for Men by Bijan Bijan Black for Women by Bijan Bijan Wicked women by Bijan Bijan Style Women by Bijan DNA by Bijan Women / Femme (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Bijan Bijan with a Twist for Women by Bijan DNA by Bijan Men / Homme by Bijan DNA Women / Femme (2004) by Bijan Bijan Style Men by Bijan B Exquisite Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bijan Bijan Wicked men by Bijan Bijan Women (Perfume) by Bijan One Hundred % Bijan! by Bijan