Bijan Men 1981 Eau de Toilette

Bijan Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bijan
Bijan Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Bijan for men and was released in 1981. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Easyfish, last update on 09.06.2021.

Quick help from Isfahan
.... promises the bottle (for frivolous minds) with dysfunctions in the subadominal area. Plainer characters recognize in the form rather the famous fat-baked Kringel from the U.S. called Donut whose designation apparently rather advises against consumption (Do not).
If Bijan Pakzad (shrill and formerly on Rodeo Drive resident fashion designer) had designed the flacon in Tehran at the time of Ayatollah Khomeini` would probably have been proclaimed at that time probably quite quickly the fatwa against him and he would have shared henceforth with Salman Rushdie the bower in London and kneaded erotic articles ... Rushdie has little hair left on his head and Mr Pakzad has since passed away.
Reference to the fragrance: - 0.5.
Bought the fragrance in the souk at a more than fair price from AquaFrisch (Merci), which maintains a decent and almost generous sale and offers its items (unlike many others) not more expensive but (oh God) no cheaper, than in online retail feil offers (applause).....
Bijan for men is, if you take the price into account, a veritable bomb, namely a spice bomb that makes you a dervish at the end of the day, so that the greasy donut almost comes up again. The opening is already quite promising - a soapy, spicy almost fruity start that makes the bobbles on your beaky shoes jingle. At the point is usually referred to the state-certified "thoroughbred perfumers" who can say to the individual notes rather what....
What follows in the DryDown was probably the biggest surprise: Although the fragrance to the vintage version (flacon in the stylized, small "b") was probably significantly trimmed you have for hours what of the sandalwood orgy, which you mistaken for incense. Wow! The, the, the tonka or vanilla that sends most here into ecstatic rapture is used so tastefully and subtly that even the "unsweet purists" don't mind it for a minute.
In short: For the price - a lot of ChaChaCha and no ChiChi at all... One does not even want to know how probably the vintage version (not the one of FiveStarFragrances) has smelled... so and tonight comes "The Masked Singer" in Farsi for study councils ;-)

Hasn't Always Been a Love - it is Now
I don't have a whole lot of history with this fragrance, so this review isn't going to be long-winded as what I would typically write. It will be quite long though--just a warning. I do want to start off by saying that for most of my life, I have known from his fragrance; who can forget Joey Tribianni working part-time as a spritzer boy in a department store, asking with much enthusiasm: "Bijan for men?!" I know I can't. Additionally, I always remember seeing the frosted glass donut sitting as a tester on fragrance counter. Surely, if Joey was promoting it, it should be good--right? Well, I certainly love it now. That wasn't always the case.

Let me say this: the opening of Bijan for men does not at all give you an accurate clue of how good this fragrance is going to be; it is a loud, sneezy, bitter, green and citrus-tinged mess. This opening suggests it to be a cheap, drugstore aftershave, and not a release from what appears to be the Rolls Royce of menswear. I'm so glad that I decided to give this fragrance another chance after the aforementioned opening made me write this fragrance off.

Once you get past that opening, what you get is a very nicely-done, incense-based scent that I don't find as controversial as others have declared it to be. Bijan really is the middle east in a bottle. There was a time when I thought only Tom Ford could do a decent, incense-focused fragrance; Bijan does it well. I would describe the overall scent (after opening) to be non-burned incense sticks and a candle-like sweetness, giving some serious head shop vibes. It also has a hint of what I've smelled Omni and Embassy Suites hotels pumping throughout their lobbies. I don't get any floral out of this one at all.

It is debatable whether or not Bijan is too dated in today's world, but I will say this: if you didn't have high-dollar niche houses, or the more-exotic Tom Ford releases along this olfactory style, I would say maybe. Those types of fragrances tend to exemplify fine taste, and are purchases that are aspirational. In my opinion, the only clues of Bijan's age come mainly from the funky opening. In short, I credit those higher-priced, niche-grade fragrances for keeping fragrances that smell like this relevant in today's world.

As far as the type of person that can wear Bijan, I would say it is off-limits to those younger than 20; I just cannot see a middle or high-school boy rocking anything other than some sporty, Wal-Mart special. It's probably more wearable to guys 30 and up, but strong-willed guys in their 20s could absolutely wear this--I know I do. The oldest I feel could pull this off is about 45. Any older, and it might come off as too sexually-provocative.

Situation-wise, I think Bijan is a great daily fragrance during Winter in extremely cold climates, or strictly on Winter nights in mild climates. During Spring, this one could work on dressy nights out, but completely off-limits in Summer. I would describe Bijan as the perfect scent to wear while sporting a sweater or jacket.

Although I do believe that Bijan for men performs above average, both for the era we are living in, as well as the price point, I would not say that this fragrance is the nuclear beast people say this is. This isn't a fragrance that I would go heavy on, but I wouldn't be afraid to spray a medium spray on each pulse-point, and maybe a single full spray to the chest; you will leave a nice cloud of sexy incense all day.

As I finish this review, I glance over and see the circular flacon, sitting stylishly next to my bottles of Le Male, Polo, and Gucci Guilty. It looks so at home there, and it inspires me to spray a bit on. It is that glorious dry down that makes me excited by the thought many years with the almighty Bijan. Give this fragrance another (or first) chance, if you haven't already; you'll be glad you did.
Egg-laying pillow
"Bijan Men" was a blind buy, to Oscar de la Renta's "Pour Lui". I love classic masculine powerhouses, at the same time I usually avoid blind purchases, but at the price and hooked on the fragrance pyramid, I could not say no... And I regret nothing!

How does "Bijan Men" smell now? Typically for the time, the fragrance notes are so densely and compactly interwoven that it is difficult to identify individual components. From the beginning, the soapy oak moss is very present, joined by the spiciness of rosemary and nutmeg, sandalwood also plays not exactly restrained. A touch of lavender. Musk and patchouli? Yep, but rather in the base and restrained.
The individual ingredients also do not have to be errochen individually. Their interaction is what gives the full fragrance experience. Dense, somewhat loud and riotous, but at the same time absolutely harmonious. As the fragrance type diagram aptly suggests, there's something here for everyone. "Bijan Men" is for me spicy, fresh, oriental, slightly leathery-smoky, green, minmal earthy, quite animalic, and it fits every season (apart from high summer) to every occasion - the titular egg-laying Wollmilchsau!

...well, the bottle is really on the border of ridiculousness. The glass container with hole is still ok, but this oversized white plastic cap on it does not go at all. Anyway, it's the inner values that count. "Bijan Men" has plenty of those! I am more than happy with this blind purchase.
Great new acquisition!
It was only by chance that I came to enjoy this great fragrance. Strangely enough, I didn't notice it in the 1980s for whatever reason.

Already the first spray left me with no doubt that this is a fragrance that I like very much. Just my style: woody and spicy. If it comes from the same decade as the once so celebrated "Giorgio Beverly Hills", it is even possible to draw a few scent parallels, even if only marginally. The whole thing seems to me like a very successful mixture of "Terre D'Hermes", "L`Artisan Timbuktu" and a little "Tom Ford Noir Anthracite". Unfortunately I don't know the Vintage Vesion, but this new bottling has already convinced me very much and that at a very slim unbeatable dumping price! Unfortunately, the cap of the bottle needs getting used to and looks like a relic from the 1960s. Owners of the fragrances mentioned here should definitely test it here, if not already done!

Mandatory
The 80's was the age of fougères and they occupied the industry as orientals are doing today. And like always, only the nobles survive.
Bijan Men, although is regenerated in 1987, still has considerable charm and class and, in my idea, is one of the most innovative fougères ever that tends to chypre. It's around honey, moss, leather and clary sage. An ultradandy ultrachic heritage. And… among a collection of about 100 perfumes, it is what I wore in my wedding! Still splendid.
8.5/10

Superpowerhouse
I have read elsewhere among a forum dedicated to lovers of powerhouses, that Bijan men perhaps is too powerful for its own good (or words to that effect). I disagree. This richness of this fragrance is almost without peer, but it is well balanced and classy. There are so many things going on that it is hard to adequately describe Bijan Men. It ranks alongside Montana parfum d'Homme and Quorum in terms of powerhouse kick. I prefer it to either of them, however. I find it more powerful than the Montana and more complex and less sharp than the Quorum. The musk in Bijan is what separates it from the other two, giving it a more animalistic aspect. For those who like the original Chaps by Ralph Lauren, Bijan, though a later creation is it's big brother. 1981 certainly was an outstanding year for men's fragrances!

Drseid
One Of The Strongest Powerhouses Ever...
*This is a review of the vintage juice.

Vintage Bijan for Men opens with a gorgeous but all too brief splash of fresh herbal-laced bergamot before transitioning quickly to its key heart notes of very powerful oakmoss (most likely not replicated in the current version due to its recent restrictions), coniferous fir, honey and patchouli, with a significant carnation floral undertone used for support, along with herbal notes like sage and rosemary among many others. Leather and musk in the base both easily make their way to mingle with the heart notes, creating a very complex accord that is an amalgamation of these and many other notes; too many to mention. The overall accord is quite the extremely complex and dense mixture of coniferous and mossy green, herbal and soapy aspects, floral and almost earthy leathery. Projection and longevity are stellar.

Vintage Bijan was a blind buy for me, and it is a great one. It is super-powerful, so a little goes a long way and over-applying is all too easy and not recommended unless you are looking to call attention to yourself in all the wrong ways. This is one where I am glad I have a "splash on" bottle instead of the spray, as it is much easier to regulate the amount you apply that way (and I can't emphasize that a little goes a long way again strongly enough). The accord contains so many notes that it would be all too easy to screw-up the composition, but I find the complex combination of the soapiness with the oakmoss spiked coniferous herbal floral leather bomb works quite well and is extremely "masculine" smelling to my nose. Bijan for Men has major 80's powerhouse written all over it and it is quite amazing. I could definitely see others being put-off by its strength if over-applied (do you notice a trend to my warnings?), but when used in moderation vintage Bijan for Men is highly recommended and I give this classic powerhouse winner an excellent 4 stars out of 5.

PitcPitc 6 months ago
Wao.In spite of being a perfume that today is old school it is a very powerful aroma, very striking. You have to be careful with atomization

by Kovex
by DerRalle
by Frama
by Frama
by Amberfreak
bijan - kostbarste Hölzer, trockene Floralkomponenten, exklusive Räucherstäbchen.
by AromaTikka
by Salered
bijan - feinste Räucherstäbchen und edle Hölzer.
by AromaTikka
Best friends ;-)
by MrOllium

Popular Bijan

Bijan Women (Eau de Toilette) by Bijan Bijan Nude for Women by Bijan Bijan Black for Women by Bijan B Exquisite Women by Bijan V.I.P. Bijan Women by Bijan Bijan Nude for Men by Bijan Bijan Women (Eau de Parfum) by Bijan Bijan Black for Men by Bijan DNA Men (1993) by Bijan V.I.P. Bijan Men by Bijan Bijan with a Twist for Women by Bijan DNA Women (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Bijan Bijan Wicked Women by Bijan DNA Women (2004) by Bijan Bijan Wicked Men by Bijan Bijan Women (Perfume) by Bijan Bijan Men (After Shave) by Bijan Bijan Style Women by Bijan B Exquisite Men (Eau de Toilette) by Bijan Bijan Style Men by Bijan