Menthe Froide 2017

Menthe Froide by Bijon
7.7 / 10 76 Ratings
Menthe Froide is a popular perfume by Bijon for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-green. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Main accords

Fresh
Green
Citrus
Spicy
Woody

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot LemonLemon Mandarin orangeMandarin orange PetitgrainPetitgrain Pink pepperPink pepper AldehydesAldehydes
Heart Notes Heart Notes PeppermintPeppermint Curly mintCurly mint CarawayCaraway Ice accordIce accord LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base Notes SandalwoodSandalwood VetiverVetiver AmbergrisAmbergris AmbroxanAmbroxan FrankincenseFrankincense OakmossOakmoss MuskMusk

Submitted by Kulturtasche, last update on 26.01.2023.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
The Selfish Refresher
Menthe Froide is for me THE fragrance from 30 degrees upwards.
In addition, he helps me ofttimes on a sleepy Monday morning.
Conditioned by its existence, I always feel more awake, fresher and more energetic.

The fragrance is characterized by an extremely dominant mint on ice, joined by a slightly less dominant, but still extremely potent lavender.
With a lot of fine feeling, you can certainly smell out a few more nuances, however, these are almost completely covered by the aforementioned DNA and are not worth mentioning from my point of view.

Now it is so that me this fragrance while extremely refreshes and actually gives me a good feeling. Especially on very hot days I use this effect, but my environment feels this fragrance is not so great. Often the statement is made that one smells a little like menthol or toothpaste, although I can not even begin to share these opinions.

What I must confirm, however, it is not directly the olfactory experience, which thrilled me, but this freshness, which is radiated here to the wearer.

Even if he does not like some people from my environment, I often wear it in hot temperatures. As I have already mentioned in the headline, just a selfish freshener!

The endurance of the fragrance is in the passable middle range. Although this is an extrait de parfum, but the strong refreshing factor is over after a good 3 hours. With the silage it behaves quite analogous to the endurance.
Lavender takes over, Ambroxan joins.

The flacon pleases me very well. The slightly thicker glass lies pleasantly in the hand
The whole thing is crowned by a high-quality and quite massive lid, which fits perfectly in terms of geometry to the overall picture of the flacon. In addition, the cap is slightly magnetic.

All in all, a great fragrance, belongs for me to extremely hot days, on which you may also still have to perform, simply to.

The Freshness
Mente froide is overall a fresh perfume. The menthe is there from the beggining, athoug to the drydown It turns sweeter and a bit more balsámic. I like the perfume although for being an extrait de parfum is a bit soft. The longevity is very good but i find It too similar to cheaper perfumes like eros by Versace so i think is the only perfume in the bijon collection that i think doesnt worth his price. The quelity is good but It is nothing special.

Scent: 8.5
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 9
Originality: 7
Global: 8
Top Review 19
Masculine mint melange with failed metamorphosis
There are odours that you really love, but which are difficult to transform into perfumes. For me, these definitely include coffee and mint. While the hot drink is mostly imitated by a malty-sweet aroma and therefore doesn't seem very authentic to me, the scent of mint is unfortunately very fleeting and often evokes associations with chewing gum or toothpaste.

Menthe Froide has, in my opinion, hit the nail on the head and does its name justice, because immediately after spraying it on, it does indeed smell like an icy fresh mint, which reminds me of the natural, herbaceous smell, as well as a little bit of toothpaste, but that doesn't bother me here. The citrus notes are only discreetly perceptible. The pungency at the beginning is certainly also favoured by the pepper. Due to the spice and the lavender in the background Menthe Froide gets a clearly masculine character, which is confirmed in the further course.

I really like the first one and a half to two hours and would have almost triggered a buying impulse if the mint hadn't disappeared afterwards and the base wasn't a bit too simple - contrary to what the notes might suggest. For me, it is mainly clean, dry-woody and strongly influenced by ambroxan. But if you think of typical shower gel fragrances, you're wrong, because I wouldn't describe Menthe Froide as really aquatic. What I find very positive is the lack of any sweetness that oftenly can destroy the fresh effect of a scent. A slightly smoky facet can still be filtered out, but otherwise I miss the warmth in the base.

Especially the initial, fresh and spicy melange makes Cécile Zarokian's creation an interesting and powerful interpretation of mint. At high dosage, the fragrance could therefore appear a little too harsh, but at lower dosages it could be pleasantly tart. From spring to autumn I find it suitable, although I would prefer lighter alternatives for midsummer.

2 short views on the fragrance
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Fresh perfume with a sweeter dry down. Close to perfumes like eros by Versace. Menthe appears overall at the opening with generical dry down
KingPinKingPin 4 years ago
Very fresh, pure and pleasant green/mint, the type of scent you react to with “ooo, fresh!” when passing someone wearing it.

Pie Chart Radar Chart