Velvet Orchid

Velvet Orchid by Birkholz
Velvet Orchid is a perfume by Birkholz for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notes, Floral notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrchid, Jasmine, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Amber

Submitted by Strtkds, last update on 23.09.2020.

Sibling love
Allow me. Velvet Orchid. I'm Bal d'Afrique's little sister. While my big, world-famous sister stayed in beautiful Sweden, I now live in hip Berlin. In Berlin it's hard to find all the traditional, modern, good and not so good scent houses, which seem to be springing up slowly but surely like mushrooms in recent years.

My creator was inspired by the beautiful, sunny Italy and Dolce Vita when he created me. Personally, I miss the reference there. Neither can I understand what my big sister has to do with Africa, even though both Africa and Italy are definitely worth a trip.

I belong to the fragrances that gently wrap themselves around their wearers like a veil. I'm never particularly loud and I don't want to be a nuisance. I am rather a shy companion, but I am affectionate and want to spend a few hours together with my wearer. Also the people around me notice me, depending on the dose, but whether I attract their attention as a perfume, I can't really sign. I tend to merge with my wearer, to cuddle directly to the skin.

My notes are soft and fresh. Citrus notes are already accompanied by the first blossoms in the opening. And here I differ a little from my sister. At first she is much more refreshing than me with her bergamot. With me, the start is more delicate and sweet. In my heart I have an orchid and iris next to jasmine, while my sister's heart is set on violet. At this stage, however, we come very close to each other, because Jasmine is the flower that stands out most clearly of all. After a few hours, when only the base notes are still perceptible, I drift off again to softer climates with musk, cedar and amber. My sister, on the other hand, brings some vetiver, which gives me a tender but also fresh green kick from behind.

Yes, I am the smaller of the two of us and therefore probably not as well known as she is. And yes, I'm also more feminine than my sister. Anyway, my creators feel that and classify me as a women's scent. Nevertheless, I'm definitely not a flower bomb and I'm convinced that I'm also good for one or the other gentleman.

Who wants to test me? I would be very pleased. Pollita, by the way, I cast a spell on her. She even bought me, even though my sisters already own her. Who she likes better, however, she can't say. Because she gave us both a 9.

A very warm thank you to Finchen1976, who keeps sending me wonderful scent packs to discover. With this treasure she took my heart by storm. And to all who love Bal d'Afrique: The little sister is just as beautiful
The flacons at Birkholz are available in three sizes (30, 50 or 100 ml) and you can have them personalized. Mine, of course, has been given a purple cap.

Ein so zauberhafter Duft in den letzten Tagen des Sommers ....
by MadameLegras

Popular Birkholz

Berlin Fever by Birkholz Luxury Passion by Birkholz Secret Rendezvous by Birkholz Supreme Oud by Birkholz Vanilla Vibes by Birkholz Pacific Drive by Birkholz Berlin Dream by Birkholz Lady Cannabis by Birkholz Cedar N' Pepper by Birkholz Wild Desires by Birkholz Berlin Soul by Birkholz Black Weed by Birkholz Ocean Hills by Birkholz Green Garden by Birkholz Charm Mystery by Birkholz Sir Santal by Birkholz Berlin Sky by Birkholz Seductive Rose by Birkholz Flora Femina by Birkholz Leather N' Green by Birkholz