Iris N' Wood (2019)

Iris N' Wood by Birkholz

Iris N' Wood is a new perfume by Birkholz for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Cumin, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Cedarwood, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk, Cashmere wood

Submitted by Einfachich, last update on 08.11.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Iris meets Santal Blush
Today Birkholz had a small event at the local Douglas and I smelled my way through the new fragrance line, which also includes Iris N' Woods, over a champagne. When the series was first presented a few weeks ago I had already sprayed a few of the fragrances on. But not this one, because I didn't understand the concept at first. Today then the first time smelled and immediately thought, this looks somehow familiar to me.

Santal Blush by Tom Ford has been on my wish list as a fragrance for quite some time now, but there are always fragrances that have been given priority, so he always had to queue up in the back. Now the fragrance has to go completely off the list, because I think I found the better Santal Blush in Iris N' Woods.

The association with Santal Blush came later after I had worn the fragrance for a few hours. For me, Iris N' Woods is the stronger, more masculine fragrance. The composition is very well balanced; spicy, woody but also fresh at the same time, losing a little freshness over time. Even if I judged him to be more masculine than Tom Ford's fragrance, I would still judge the fragrance to be unisex. He was well received by the girlfriend and she sprayed the scent directly on herself. The iris note is very discreet but perceptible and makes the cardamom and the cumin very soft and pleasant, as both can be very dominant, but harmonize well here. The fragrance is much more woody for me than Santal Blush which makes it more wearable for me personally.

A great scent for the cold season, more autumn scent than for the really cold winter. A super scent to cuddle in front of the fireplace, for a walk in the forest over wet autumn leaves or a hot tea with a shot.

The performance is solid to good with about 6-7h on my skin. However, the scent is close to the body so you have to get closer to it to get its full effect.

Popular Birkholz

Berlin Fever by Birkholz Vanilla Vibes by Birkholz Seductive Rose by Birkholz Supreme Oud by Birkholz Charm Mystery by Birkholz Black Weed by Birkholz Luxury Passion by Birkholz Velvet Orchid by Birkholz Green Garden by Birkholz Berlin Heaven by Birkholz Exotic Journey by Birkholz Berlin Soul by Birkholz Amber Intense by Birkholz Endless Moment by Birkholz Berlin Sky by Birkholz Secret Rendezvous by Birkholz Ocean Hills by Birkholz Forest Fantasy by Birkholz Aqua Wissemara by Birkholz Berlin Dream by Birkholz