Yellow Light

Yellow Light by Black Onyx

Yellow Light is a perfume by Black Onyx for women. The release year is unknown. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesYlang-ylang, Rosewood, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Orange, Rose, Ambergris, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk

Submitted by Autunno, last update on 13.12.2019.

8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Sun, in old freshness!
Earlier this week, I bought the current version of Jil Sander's Sun, as my vintage reserves are gradually coming to an end. With the current version, I believed despite bad durability and Sillage, to have bought an "everyday Sun". I have already expressed some days ago how I stand to the current Sun:
Whether thread or write to Coty: Sun will never again enter my collection in this version, unless I find a vintage. Thank God a dear Parfumo member has a slightly older bottle that she will give me.

The current Sun starts with the familiar base note in slightly less intoxicating. Had I been right, but not even half a minute, I got a bitter floral note, (Ylang Ylang), which runinates the fragrance, makes it look stinging synthetically plastic artificial and which doesn't fit to Sun. In the many years that Sun has stayed with me, it has never had that "harsh" note. Also this "bitter" note does not last long (thank God), but does not disappear completely and combines with the top note. This top note was Sun in vintage form dominated by juicy sweet fruity fruits that have been missing as fragrance components in this fragrance for years.
The current Sun, which I own, quickly runs out of breath after the "bitter" note has faded a bit! Some few hours the spook is over and I am totally shocked and sobering what I bought there! Reformulation is not to "break" a fragrance that has almost no resemblance to what it is supposed to represent, but to "break" it. No traces, no idea, a totally strange looking scent!

Coty couldn't comfort me, even said I should leave the scent to mature. Um ? I use a scent to be able to use it right away and not wait how it becomes. I wrote a last email to Coty which is still unanswered today, in the email I said that if they are already alienating a scent so much that they should write: Now with new recipe!

Sun is for me a fragrance that made me happy. Every time I needed motivation or cheering up, Sun gave me warmth and security. Yesterday I came into a junk shop and discovered Black Onyx Yellow Light. I was disgusted by Coscentra and the scent beach party (smelled like burned at me) came over me at Yellow Light, a pleasant feeling of earlier times.

A warm feeling of fuller warming sweet notes, balsamic sweet and yet intense and fruity. And since the scent is no longer there, I assume that Yellow Light is based on the old Vintage Sun. There were 5 boxes of 100 ml on the shelf, all of which I bought.
According to the owner, these boxes stood around for ages. I got the 5 pcs. cheap.

The cardboard that has sprung from a painting, with the sunset and the roaring sea, has a valuable effect on me. The bottle (I'll submit the picture) is simply kept in a milky square bottle with a small yellow ball in the middle of the bottle.

The scent? Simply heavenly, intense, full-bodied, sunny, flowery, powdery, oriental, fruity, sensual and relaxing. I recognize the Vintage Sun in this fragrance. Even a light tobacco note (which the Vintage Sun also had by the way) comes out easily after 10 hours of wearing (!), mixed with sweetly powdery vanilla elements to wear.
Especially now at colder temperatures, this fragrance will warm me up and I will enjoy its generous warmth.

I'm so happy, I'm finally wearing Sun in its old freshness again.

by JetonToni
by JetonToni

Popular Black Onyx

Falling Star Galaxia by Black Onyx Falling Star for Men by Black Onyx Falling Star by Black Onyx Female Erotics by Black Onyx Pistache by Black Onyx Mega Blue by Black Onyx Pure One by Black Onyx Deadly Passion by Black Onyx Springtime Flowers Amore by Black Onyx O.P. Woman by Black Onyx Bay of Biscay by Black Onyx Fractious by Black Onyx Springtime Flowers by Black Onyx 25th Dolce Donna by Black Onyx Springtime Poetry by Black Onyx The One by Black Onyx Flower Power by Black Onyx Green by Black Onyx Pure Sincerity by Black Onyx Atomique by Black Onyx