Bogner Woman 1990

Bogner Woman by Bogner
8.3 / 10 32 Ratings
Bogner Woman is a popular perfume by Bogner for women and was released in 1990. The scent is floral-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.
Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot LemonLemon Mandarin orangeMandarin orange RosewoodRosewood
Heart Notes Heart Notes IrisIris JasmineJasmine CarnationCarnation PatchouliPatchouli RoseRose SandalwoodSandalwood Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam LeatherLeather Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla CivetCivet
Submitted by Kittycat, last update on 02.05.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Warm, spicy summer floral
This one came out in 1990, and smells exactly like it. A heavy, sweet and intoxicating blend of fruit and summery floral notes, warmed by sandalwood, amber and vanilla. I am sure I have seen somewhere the notes linden blossom and heliotrope for this perfume, and I am pretty certain I smell both - linden blossom as a sort of golden drizzle on top, while heliotrope is more of a powdery base. I believe I also smell a good dose of musk. Benzoin is clearly present. Also just a little bit of green freshness, particularly in the opening.

It seems that most other voters prefer this in the colder seasons, but to me, everything in it points towards summer. Maybe not for 30C, it would probably be too cloying, but for 18-20C it is perfect - the early stages of summer, when everything green and floral is still developing, and the air is sweet and full of expectations.

As it dries down, I can feel the sweet, powdery combination of benzoin, heliotrope and vanilla more clearly. I recognize it from the sister Bogner Now, which came out a year later. In fact, I get the feeling that Bogner Now took the formula for Bogner Woman, removed the fresh florals, then multiplied the ingredients in the base before heating it all in the oven... and out came a super-powdery benzoin-heliotrope-vanilla pudding. Lovely in its own way, but too sweet for me. However, a small portion of this base is exactly what gives the warmth that I love so much in Bogner Woman. Floral perfumes usually do not agree with me too well, but when it is full of warm supportive notes like here, I find it just perfect.

Sadly this beauty is now rare, and the bottle I got a few years ago was very expensive. On the other hand, sillage and longevity are great, so it will last me for many May and June days, for years to come.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

7 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Bogner

Deep Forest (Eau de Toilette) by Bogner Bogner Man (1985) by Bogner Woman No. 1 by Bogner Bogner Man Original by Bogner Bogner Man II by Bogner Bogner Man (1990) by Bogner Bogner Man Classic (Eau de Toilette) by Bogner Wood Woman by Bogner Sônia Bogner - Bogner Woman by Bogner B Woman by Bogner Bogner Snow Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bogner Sônia Bogner - Now (Eau de Parfum) by Bogner Wood Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bogner Bogner Man (2013) by Bogner Bogner Snow Woman by Bogner Fire+Ice Man (2004) (Eau de Toilette) by Bogner Bogner Femme by Bogner Woman No. 1 Summer Edition by Bogner B Man (Eau de Toilette) by Bogner Bogner for Man by Bogner