Gardelia (2015)

Gardelia by Bogue

10.0 / 10     1 RatingRatingsRatings
Gardelia is a limited perfume by Bogue for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Antonio Gardoni

Gardenia, Jasmine, Rose, Tuberose, Frangipani, Magnolia, Civet, Cognac, Geranium

Submitted by Michael, last update on 07.06.2017

The scent was released in collaboration with Profumeria al Sacro Cuore in Italy on the occasion of its 50th anniversary and is exclusively available there. 50 pieces have been made.

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
My Dreams
I'm not responsible for the amazing photo that shows up below. Hubby sat at my desk and took a pic of Gardelia among what I call my perfumalia...scattered vials, bottles and carded samples always there. It captures my feelings about perfume, especially this one. I'm always in search of what I jokingly call the glorious reek--a brilliant designer's inspired creation. Who knows? Maybe actual angels hovered over, weeping heavenly droplets into the pipettes. Perfume is in my dreams now. I live for the day that something divine arrives so I can feel what I'm feeling at this moment. A kind of hush in which only certain music will do, like this: http://www.altusmusic.ca/24hours.html.

Let me tell you what happened when Gardelia came. First, of course, I shrieked--after I closed the door when the UPS guy handed it over (not at 1:30 - 5:30 as promised) but 5:50 pm! Talk about angst-filled waiting. But at last it was here, hubby excited too. Should he open it for me? No, thanks I said. And the ripping began and the unfolding only to discover Gardelia, boxless, suspended in a kind of transparent womb. her blue pomegranate hat to the side. Not exactly a golden coach, mind you, but ingeniously safe transport. I picked up the bottle and examined the etching that told which of the 50 in existence I own. Without spraying, we sniffed the sprayer. Was I happy? Yes, indeed. We noticed some sort of paste residue on the bottle--ahh, an adhesive that helped it adhere to the transparent womb, no doubt. After cleaning, I took it upstairs to my desk and sprayed Gardelia up and down my arms.

Back downstairs and after a few minutes hubby says from across the room, "I can smell it." Good projection. We sat and watched TV together as I marinated in Gardelia's civety, cognacy deeply stunning, utterly haunting florals. I'm told Gardelia has 43 [oops 50] ingredients in total. Certainly woods are there, citrus and a bit of spice, certainly resins, but ingredients alone don't tell the story. Gardelia is rich, it is passionate, its birth must have been attended by an entire band of angels, it ranks among the greatest gardenia perfumes ever made. Few of my perfume experiences can compare to last night. It was a dream come true. Me in my chair, hubby near, beauty around us in the air.

p.s. I took the 2nd pic with my cell.

• by ScentFan by ScentFan
  • by ScentFan by ScentFan

Popular Bogue

Maai by Bogue MEM by Bogue Noun by Bogue O/E by Bogue Cologne Reloaded by Bogue Eau d'E by Bogue Gardelia by Bogue