Noun (2018)

Noun by Bogue

Noun is a new and limited perfume by Bogue for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Antonio Gardoni

Bergamot, Yuzu, Mandarin, Petitgrain, Buchu, Black pepper, Mint, Basil, Mustard seed, Blackcurrant, Rosemary, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine, Rose, Lavender, Geranium, Rosewood, Labdanum, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Patchouli, Vanilla, Tonka bean, Fujian Cypress, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Jaroslav, last update on 13.07.2018

My Bogue Profumo NOUN Review On YouTube A Luckyscent 15th Anniversary Release Fragrance
This is my Bogue Profumo NOUN Review, Noun by Bogue Profumo fragrance review. A Lucky Scent 15th Anniversary fragrance release, Bogue Profumo NOUN is truly a one of kind fragrance, a green, spicy, aromatic, woody, animalic fragrance. And for an anniversary it totally makes sense to create a truly one of a kind scent for the public to consume. To me, NOUN is all about the herbs and spices mostly with the woody notes as it dries down. The floral notes do pop up but they are not dominant. Please watch my YouTube review to find out all about NOUN by BOGUE PROFUMO created by Antonio Gardoni for Lucky Scent’s 15th Year Anniversary.

jtd
noun. verb to follow?
Noun starts with the scratchiness, the hint of dissonance that I love in Antonio Gardoni’s perfumes. His perfumes are built for the long haul, unfolding slowly over the course of the day. Like traditional extraits they aren’t meant to be judged at the first sniff where they can appear so potent as to be aggressive.

Fruit marks the transition to the perfumes heart. The citrus transforms into an almost grape-like note that creates a flinty whiff of white wine. Noun turns jammy but never actually grows sweet. Noun's fruit--what I perceive as jamminess and the mineral hint of white wine (you might characterize it differently)--hovers beside the perfume's central woody-floral core, as though sensed through the olfactory equivalent of peripheral vision. The hint of grape highlights the perfume's floral quality similarly to the way Dior Poison and Caron Narcisse Noir famously amped their white floral bouquets with methyl anthranilate, a material that can give a concord grape, bubble-gummy flavor to tuberose and orange blossom. In Noun, the effect is much more subtle and the hint of grape gives the woody-floral heart a smooth glow.

It doesn't take long to recognize the importance of patchouli in Noun. Over the course of hours, the balance of flowers-to-woods tips in favor of the woods that ultimately define the perfume. Gardoni's perfumes tend to shine in dry down, where precise layering of resinous materials give the perfumes impressive coherence and Noun is no exception. The emphasis on patchouli's camphorous side gives Noun's drydown a cool vibe that differentiates it from the warm basenotes of Maai.

On first wearing Noun, I was struck by how prominent the Bogue-identifiers are. The salty/musky balance and the pattern of the white florals in particular are familiar. The question Noun must answer is: Is it just a different flavor of a 'house accord' that Gardoni has shown before? My answer is no, but I suspect that Gardoni has beaten me to the punch and answered the question already. Noun's topnote will be instantly identifiable to wearers of Maai and Aeon 001, but despite the 'signature style' of the opening, the perfume avoids predictability. Gardoni puts his distinctive mark on the perfume's topnote—almost a taunt—then retracts it as the perfume dives deep into the patchouli.

All artists must watch their work closely over time to avoid repeating themselves. Gardoni's perfumes reiterate themes within a specific genre. Still, I wouldn't rebuke a classical composer for not creating a jazz piece and I don't fault Gardoni for making woody-floral perfumes, especially when he continues to find new patterns and ideas in his work. In fact, I would argue that as he continues to explore the resinous woody-floral range, Gardoni's work becomes more personal. Noun and MEM, which preceded it, are particularly strong efforts and demonstrate Gardoni's ability to mine a concept for different configurations that produce novel results.

(exerpted from scenthurdle.com)
Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Not 10, but...
9.5, I'd say and just out. Bogue calls this fragrance Noun, which refers to a person, place, or thing, though not one in particular, i.e., a car, rather than a Lamborgini; a woman, rather than Marilyn Monroe; a scent rather than a specific perfume. To me, it's as if Antonio Gardonio set out to create a noun-like fragrance that, in making no particular statement shines. This is my second day wearing it and the first day I was confused. Noun isn't the spectacular headiness of his crowning achievement, Gardelia, not the "I am a duchess, thank you," sophistication of MEM nor the spendid animalic chypre that is Maai. Noun says, "I am scent. Smell me." That's all. Smell my florals, smell my woods, smell my spices and herbs. They won't transport you anywhere but here, smelling scent for the noun that it is. Apropos, if you ask me, for Gardoni's 15th anniversary gift to Luckyscent, a purveyor of almost all of them. Apparently, I have bottle no. 9 of 50. Best scoot, if you want one.

• by sebjar by sebjar

Popular Bogue

Maai by Bogue MEM by Bogue Noun by Bogue O/E by Bogue Cologne Reloaded by Bogue Eau d'E by Bogue Gardelia by Bogue