Aethereus (2014)

Aethereus by Bois 1920

Aethereus is a perfume by Bois 1920 for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-gourmand. It is still in production.

Enzo Galardi

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut, Mimosa, Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Litsea cubeba, Bamboo
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose, Geranium leaf, Rose, Ylang-ylang, Bitter orange, Floral notes
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Peru balsam, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Hannah, last update on 11.07.2018

10.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Odinsson
The lady in the man's robe
I had to google what Aethereus was supposed to mean first and foremost. I came across a Death Metal band from Tacoma, a fantasy roleplaying game and a Red-billed Tropic Bird, which carries this word in its name.
What I missed, however, was some Nordic or Greek god, which I would have expected first. But it doesn't matter, because in my opinion the name doesn't have much to do with the perfume.

This starts with an extremely flowery coconut, whereby I could not determine exactly which flower has the upper hand here. I'm actually betting on tuberose, although it shouldn't even appear in the top note yet. Nevertheless, I perceive the scent as a tuberose scent, which only drifts into a coconut vanilla bath towards later. The word "drift off" is not meant to be negative now, because in general the fragrance is beautifully composed.

I had wondered for a long time whether I wanted to smell like that as a man and/or was allowed to do so at all. But I have come to the conclusion that there is hardly a more beautiful coconut tuberose scent for men. It's not as creamy and sweet as you might think. The sweetness penetrates, but is caught by something, I guess the cedar.

All in all my personal favourite for the summer when it's not over 30 degrees warm yet. You have to search between 20 and 29 degrees for a long time to find something equivalent. Virgin Island Water by Creed would still come to mind, but otherwise not only coconut disciples should dare to try this composition.

Popular Bois 1920

La Vaniglia by Bois 1920 Oltremare by Bois 1920 Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino by Bois 1920 Come L'Amore by Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 Real Patchouly by Bois 1920 Classic 1920 by Bois 1920 Relativamente Rosso by Bois 1920 Come La Luna by Bois 1920 Come Il Sole by Bois 1920 Rosa di Filare / Kimono Rose by Bois 1920 1920 Extreme by Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang by Bois 1920 Sandalo e Thé by Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920 Vento nel Vento by Bois 1920 Vento di Fiori by Bois 1920 Sensual Tuberose by Bois 1920