Oro 1920 2013

Oro 1920 by Bois 1920
Oro 1920 is a popular perfume by Bois 1920 for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Arnoway. Pronunciation

Enzo Galardi

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Frankincense, Fir balsam, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac wood, Orris absolute, May rose absolute, Osmanthus, Opoponax
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Leather, Vanilla, Beeswax, Tobacco

Submitted by Ronin, last update on 12.11.2020.

The Leather Grail (?)
This is the 100th comment and this in this relatively short period of time which has passed since my registration. Some people must think that I have nothing to do in Corona times or generally nothing at all. That would be incorrect, that much is revealed. To many fragrances I already have an opinion and texts or reviews to write, this has been known to me many years ago for a long time. During my student days I was a music reviewer for a niche magazine, so it's a finger exercise for me to formulate this flatly but also value-free.
Anyway, I thought about what I could comment, actually Memoir Man has been lying here for weeks and for me it fluctuates between buy now and let's wait and see.
Since some people know me for my fondness for leather scents, it should probably be one of this series and maybe one that I consider valuable. This scent here is very successful in my eyes. Not as pleasing at first sight as the raspberry-saffron story, but an incredibly beautiful and outstanding leather scent. To a certain extent, it represents a possible solution to my search for the leather scent, because it is one of the scents that will not be missing in my collection for long.
So let's start with the raspberry ;)
No, don't worry, Oro is different and that's good. If I read the comparisons to the Tuscan, they are probably based on the fact that the majority of them only knows the Tuscan as a leather scent, at least as a reference work.
In fact, Oro 1920 even starts with raspberry but here you have to differentiate. No saffron far and wide, no spicy thyme rushes to help and roasts the raspberry, so to speak. We have here fir balm, which, as the name suggests, wraps the raspberry in balsamic resins. Just before you get the feeling that it could get too sweet, the ginger intervenes and gives the sweetish fir balm a bit of spiciness and deeper expression. This opening is very delicate and well thought out, no smoke grenade but sublime leather smoking.
The exciting thing is that the raspberry naturally disappears gradually, you know it. But because we have used fir balm and not thyme, the incense does not smell as dirty as it does with roasted aromas. Of course it smells smoky but much clearer and still with this balsamic sweetness. In my opinion it also manages to keep the raspberry longer, but only very discreetly.
With this aura, Oro 1920 moves on, clearly taking the iris with it, which supports the fragrance with its own leatheriness and gives the leather a slightly earthy but elegant scent. The aura of the forest remains, but the gaze now wanders to the flowery and overgrown edge of the forest in front of it, where the May rose carefully exudes its own scent. You can imagine the intensity but you can see everything from the bird's eye view so that only a few sweet notes rise. This is enough to know that there must be a very intense fragrance down there. It is also slightly resinous; Opoponax also contributes its part. The scent becomes less noticeable here, retreats and then: then the leather scent intensifies!
Of course the leather dominates the fragrance throughout, it possesses this tart but distinct aura of its own preciousness. It is flanked by tobacco and vanilla, which give the leather a slightly creamy appearance, but thanks to tobacco it remains angular and smoky. Quite delicate and for that you have to know leather plus beeswax, the latter is audible. In the end it looks similar to vanilla but the scent is more characterizing, in the end more aromatic-footed.
What more can you say? All this takes place at a high level. No layman will be able to say, oh, but the fragrance smells quite different from the well-known representatives. But you wear the fragrance here because you like it and appreciate its class. Not because it is the most famous leather scent of the new era. I myself see the effect of Oro 1920 a bit above other leather scents, because this work is more thoughtful and profound in both the top and the middle notes. Even the ingredients seem wisely and stringently selected.
Oro 1920 is wonderful. For me, almost every handle fits, almost every detail. Yes, I think Tuscan Leather is excellent no matter how linear and predictable it is. It doesn't always have to be fancy around five corners, but that's only on the edge. Oro 1920 is slightly better in my eyes.
In this respect my statement at that time (see below) is wrong, since then I have been allowed to get to know a multitude of fragrances, many of them also repetitively, and have been able to devote myself to them in detail. Often I also read that the fragrance is too expensive. Everyone may decide that for himself and probably only leather lovers will agree with me that the fragrance is worth the price. Everything seen in relation to what other fragrances call for prices. I conclude that this is really a possible end of my leather journey and I'll stick to the name of the perfume: I'm Jason and this is my golden fleece.
DonJuanDeCat
Watch where you touch...!
Hello folks, I would like to introduce to you today the fragrance "Oro 1920" by Bois 1920. As written here on Parfumo, the meaning of oro is something that mankind has been enthusiastic about from the beginning and still is. It is something that drives many crazy and for which probably at least half of all wars were waged, or something like that. It's gold!

The shiny, rustproof metal. Too soft and tender to forge weapons or tools from, but because of its beautiful shine for millennia it has always been desired and valuable... well, yes, soft, desired and valuable,... like a woman... bah, always these women,... these beasts! D

Anyway, gold makes a lot of people go crazy and do stupid things. Even in the legends there are gold-addicted people who have gone down in history through stupidity, like King Midas, who wished to be able to turn everything into gold by touching it. It was too bad that he wanted to masturbate and turn his best piece into gold! By the way, the Austin Powers movie "Goldständer" is loosely based on this!
Wait... None of this is true, you say? All right... he turned his daughter into gold by accident... but his deed shows what gold can do. And yes, I babble again one nonsense after another, but seriously, do you still wonder about this with me at all?

Well, anyway, I'm going to get the scent!

The fragrance:
The beginning is quite unusual. Because on the one hand one smells intensive raspberries, and on the other hand strong leather. The combination somehow looks like licking fruit ice cream in a shoe shop and standing next to expensive and leather-scented leather shoes, while the salesman stares at you in the dark because he assumes that you could put the ice cream in one of the shoes (... yeah the world is evil! :D).
After a short while the intensive leather gets a bit weaker, or let's say softer, because it still smells good. In addition, there are now also woody notes, as it begins to smell of pine trees and therefore what the given fir balm must be. The woody notes, which also germinate, go well with this.
Only a little bit later, resinous fragrances (Opoponax) are added, which go wonderfully with the woody fragrances and woods as well as the leather.
Very much later the fragrance remains as usual. However, it is now much softer, otherwise you can still perceive forest notes such as pine, leathery scents, resins and woods (guaiac). The leather notes are sometimes weaker and sometimes stronger and seem to alternate in their intensity with the pine scents, at least this seemed to me for a while. All in all a nice leather fragrance with woody, soft notes that fits well in autumn and winter.
Later on the leather is weaker, most fragrances are actually weaker to be able to say what would smell the most intense. But everything smells together beautifully resinous and now also sweetly nice. All in all a beautiful fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite strong and intense, so that for a while it will certainly be quite well perceived on you. The shelf life is also enormously long, because sprayed in the morning I could still perceive the fragrance the next morning very weakly on the skin.

The bottle:
The bottle has the cylindrical shape known from most Bois 1920 bottles, except that it looks like brushed gold and is therefore luxurious and valuable (but not showy!). On the bottle there is only the name of the brand on it, which has been noticeably incorporated into the bottle. The wooden lid is black and carries the logo on the top. A very nice bottle for me.

Okay, so first of all I have to say that the scent doesn't remind me of gold in any way. Well, I don't even know if gold has a scent at all, but if it did, I would associate it with something cool.
But of course all this doesn't matter, because the name of the fragrance can be related to the gold-plated bottle. The scent itself smells of leather and forest, as well as soft, resinous scents. I like the fact that the leathery notes, of which I'm usually not that much of a fan, are softened by resins like opoponax and (for me) come across more fragrant.

All in all, Oro 1920 is a beautiful leather fragrance, which is good for autumn and winter both as a day and as a night fragrance (for all sexes) and where both leather lovers and all those who like me can normally do less with leather could sniff in.

And sorry to all ladies, because I called you beasts again, but admit it, you are beasts. Even Lucy van Pelt from the Peanuts is happy in one of the comics that she and her brother have agreed on an agreement according to which she can determine how she can be atmospheric in the year, as she would torture her little brother too often. They say that Lucy can be beastly about 80 days a year (I think). Among other things, the "contract" also stipulates that she may have 5 "under all sow days", of which she takes advantage immediately and knocks off her little brother. Afterwards she is happy that this agreement will be great and especially that she would not even have started her 80 beastly days :DD
So it's in your blood, ladies, to let the beast out and torture us guys,... aaargh, what have I done to deserve this... *sigh*) :DD

Surreal leather...
A very realistic brand new leather accord, a noticeable crisp and fresh-cut mature evergreen, married perfectly with a faintly dry yet bright raspberry note, akin to what you’d notice in Tuscan Leather or Parfums de Marly Godolphin (except it’s nowhere near as cloying and sweet with more finesse.) Whereas Tuscan Leather and its counterparts: Godolphin, Golden Boy, Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme, Blood Concept “O” are hyper sharp, can be smokey and rough, this dries suede like and soft, even powdery, with an obvious high quality orris absolute that leaves a remarkable velvety yet dusty trail. The scent is impressive and just smells of high class.

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Soft and creamy smoke. "Tuscan Leather" -like raspberry note appears from time to time. But smokey notes prevail.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce
Die reguläre Version ohne LE-Gedöns.
by PontNeuf
by Alexis66
by Alexis66

Popular Bois 1920

Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 Oltremare (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Come Il Sole by Bois 1920 Real Patchouly by Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino by Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 Come L'Amore (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Relativamente Rosso by Bois 1920 Vento nel Vento by Bois 1920 Classic 1920 by Bois 1920 Sensual Tuberose by Bois 1920 Oltremare (Eau de Parfum) by Bois 1920 Rosa di Filare / Kimono Rose by Bois 1920 1920 Extreme by Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang by Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 Vento di Fiori by Bois 1920 La Vaniglia by Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920 Oro Nero by Bois 1920