Real Patchouly 2005

Real Patchouly by Bois 1920
Real Patchouly is a popular perfume by Bois 1920 for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is earthy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Enzo Galardi

Top Notes Top NotesDavanaDavana Mandarin orangeMandarin orange CeleryCelery ThymeThyme Texas cedarTexas cedar
Heart Notes Heart NotesEucalyptusEucalyptus PatchouliPatchouli Indian sandalwoodIndian sandalwood FrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris BenzoinBenzoin LabdanumLabdanum MuskMusk TobaccoTobacco VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 17.07.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Amber Memories Light the Corners of my Mind
The moment I donned Bois 1920 REAL PATCHOULY, I thought immediately of Montale BLUE AMBER. I was expecting a chewy patchouli perfume--instead I'm wearing rich labdanum amber! Is my memory playing tricks on me? I'll have to compare these two gorgeous creations side-by-side in order to determine the answer to that question. Fortunately, this will be possible, as I have been collecting samples from Montale--the house whose mission is obviously to cater to perfumistas afflicted with hard-core OCD. Is it even humanly possibly to test all of the Montale perfumes? I ask most sincerely. In any case, BLUE AMBER awaits another sniff. Be back in a jiff...

Whoops: definitely *not* BLUE AMBER! There is no blue facet to REAL PATCHOULY whatsoever! So I wonder which labdanum amber I am remembering? Well, it's something that I need to acquire--either that or this splendid labdanum amber patchouli. Smooth, golden, and--could it be Histoires de Parfums AMBRE 114? I do not believe that it is Serge Lutens AMBRE SULTAN. In any case, Bois 1920 REAL PATCHOULY will do quite fine to fill my amber yearnings come wintertime. This composition manages to avoid what some regard as the "boring" quality of unadorned ambers such as L'Artisan Parfumeur by including a dose of patchouli hefty enough to notice but not overwhelming and not very sweet.

Beautiful!

1 short view on the fragrance
KimJongKimJong 3 years ago
I like the drydown that gets a lot of sweet tobaccos. But the harsh bitterness of the opening is quite annoying. I hope I can grow up.

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Bois 1920

Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 Oro 1920 by Bois 1920 Oltremare (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Come Il Sole by Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino by Bois 1920 Oltremare (Eau de Parfum) by Bois 1920 Come L'Amore (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 Relativamente Rosso by Bois 1920 Oro Nero by Bois 1920 Vento nel Vento by Bois 1920 Elite IV by Bois 1920 Classic 1920 by Bois 1920 Sensual Tuberose by Bois 1920 1920 Extreme by Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 Paranà by Bois 1920 Rosa di Filare / Kimono Rose by Bois 1920 Vento di Fiori by Bois 1920 Magia by Bois 1920