Sandalo e The (2005)

Sandalo e The by Bois 1920

Sandalo e The is a perfume by Bois 1920 for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Enzo Galardi

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Lavender, Provençal lavender, Tea, Cumin
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Rose absolute, Blond woods, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Indian sandalwood, Labdanum absolute, Olibanum resinoid, Tonka bean, Santamanol

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 12.11.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Sandalo E The Review
I got the impression of Cumin and Caraway on the Declaration de Cartier. In the same way what male perfumes with pepper and nutmeg remind one of a steak, this reminds one of a seafood dish. You could say it's a kind of cook's perfume, but it is very round and colorful, and settles sweetly past the bright sour Sandalwood. The same scent when you go to a fancy Portuguese restaurant in a comfortable shorts suit. Unique and relexed, but I coudn't assign the highest marks because the sour lemon powder scent of the opening. I didn't get the scent of tea.
10.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Eraser and lemon
Sandalo e The was the first bottle I bought blind here. With sandalwood and tea you can't do much wrong, I thought to myself. Tea is generally good: Black tea in pour Homme II (Gucci) or Mate in Duel (Goutal). However, lemon also appears in the SeT fragrance pyramid. That worried me a little. I'm always careful with lemon, soap and lavender. I rarely like citric scents (different: Versilia Platinum), and I don't want to smell like refreshing towels from airplanes. Soap is good for me sometimes (Vétyver) sometimes less good (Vetiver Ambrato). Lavender smells like laundry. And once laundry is in play, it usually pushes itself forward, forward. Not mine.

Sandalo e The starts lemony, not citric. Thank God! It's a yellow lemon: ripe, juicy, sour! Actually, it's refreshing. A short time later a plastic note is added, which seems too familiar to me. Back then at school - I was 11 - we had a guest student from the USA: Carissa (for a short time my first girlfriend). In class she always had this giant raspberry eraser the size of an iPhone with Scooby-Doo imprint on it. This eraser had a sweet smell of chemistry and fruity chewy sweets. That's how I remember it. This "smell memory" was called up again much later with L'Homme from YSL. And now again with Sandalo e The. By the way: the "The" only plays a hint here - maybe as Earl Grey, yes, Bergamot,... but surely from quite far away, in space as in time. Yesterday's bag of tea from the kitchen, or something like that. The overall scent remains linear.

Not so bad for a blind purchase, especially since the price was right and I can awaken some positive memories with the scent. He's light-hearted, unobtrusive, well done. Well done

by Strehliwood
by Strehliwood
by Soap
by Soap

Popular Bois 1920

Oltremare (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 La Vaniglia by Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino by Bois 1920 Come L'Amore (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 Real Patchouly by Bois 1920 Classic 1920 by Bois 1920 Relativamente Rosso by Bois 1920 Come La Luna by Bois 1920 Come Il Sole by Bois 1920 Rosa di Filare / Kimono Rose by Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang by Bois 1920 Vento nel Vento by Bois 1920 Sandalo e The by Bois 1920 1920 Extreme by Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920 Vento di Fiori by Bois 1920 Sensual Tuberose by Bois 1920