Sushi Imperiale (2005)

Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920

Sushi Imperiale is a perfume by Bois 1920 for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is still in production.

Enzo Galardi

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Nutmeg, Pepper, Rose, Aniseed, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Madagascan vanilla

Submitted by RENATO, last update on 15.05.2019

"All you can eat"
The opening of Sushi Imperiale is one of the strongest “déja vu” I’ve experienced so far with fragrances, and sadly, it isn’t really a flattering one for this Bois 1920 scent. In fact it smells basically halfway Opium pour Homme and a bunch of cheap nutmeg-spicy Oriental designers, like Lagerfeld for Man from 2004. But most of all, it’s very, very close to Opium pour Homme, and I’m surprised nearly none noticed this. Unless my sample has been altered, it’s a blatant ripoff of that. For the worse, actually, as it’s actually a bit more mediocre than the YSL’s – flatter, more static, and just cheaper overall. Nothing horrible, but surely nothing special either. Basically Sushi Imperiale (why this name, by the way?) is a gentle, inoffensive, a bit simplistic citrus-spicy fragrance with a nice sort of sweet anisic-fruity “transparent” texture mostly built on cinnamon, anise and nutmeg, running throughout the main spicy woodiness which makes the bone structure of the scent: but it’s basically nothing more than a mediocre designer, quality-wise and, well, everything-wise. I smell nothing creative or particularly “quality” here, just a tame, fairly flat and very averagely decent fresh spicy scent which would have gone completely unnoticed if we were in the mid or late-1990s. But we’re in the era of below-zero creativity and “revivals” everywhere, so... *sighs*.

5/10

~ Fall Is In the Air ~
~ This is one that I am glad reverses any fear of "expectation vs reality" in a good way! "Sushi??" No! Yummy apple cider and sweet cinnamon? Yes. This is as close to a gourmand as I care to get but it does make my nose seek out the tables of my youth filled with Grandmother's Apple pies and turnovers. As a man I can definitely see this generous gift sample (thank-you) turning into yet another larger sample and perhaps a FB of this amazing comfort scent! How this sweet, spicy "fall is in the air" scent doesn't get more attention is beyond me? If fragrance fans can chase high dollar trendy scents like Ambre Narguile then this comforting nutmeg and spice beauty deserves a lot more Love to. The perfect sillage with just a hint of floral makes it a personal scent and that is exactly who I would want it for, me. The longevity lasts long enough to spend a lazy fall afternoon day-dreaming of aromas of my youth or heating up some cider for quiet time, a swing and a good read. This is not challenging or complex and won't win you droves of compliments but it will satisfy you the wearer in a very good way!
Kind Regards, Plat ~
10.0 10.0 6.0/10

Perhaps good for stimulating conversation in public settings
There must be a story behind the name of Bois 1920 SUSHI IMPERIALE, but I have no idea what it is. All I know is that this perfume is a straightforward designer-type oriental composition with about double the usual concentrations of the various components. I have no doubt that this creation features genuine sandalwood and flowers. But the items included are really very standard fare, and they are combined in normal designer floriental proportions--again, just twice as strong and of very high quality. Reminds me of something by Linari, actually.

SUSHI IMPERIALE is a very rich concoction with big sillage and excellent longevity, but I cannot understand why someone would buy this instead of one of the ubiquitous designer analogues. I'd save my niche bucks for something with originality in the composition, not the name. I'm sure that if I had a bottle I'd wear this in wintertime, but it's nothing new at all. Which is not say that everything has to be earthshatteringly revolutionary, but if it is not, why pay this price?

Given the strength of this elixir, people will ask you what you are wearing, no doubt, so then I guess you can have a hearty discussion over the provenance of the name.

by Ancaan
by Ancaan
by Ghislaine
by Ghislaine

Popular Bois 1920

Oltremare (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 La Vaniglia by Bois 1920 Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino by Bois 1920 Come L'Amore (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 Real Patchouly by Bois 1920 Classic 1920 by Bois 1920 Relativamente Rosso by Bois 1920 Come La Luna by Bois 1920 Come Il Sole by Bois 1920 Rosa di Filare / Kimono Rose by Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang by Bois 1920 Vento nel Vento by Bois 1920 1920 Extreme by Bois 1920 Sandalo e The by Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920 Vento di Fiori by Bois 1920 Sensual Tuberose by Bois 1920