Sutra Ylang 2005

Sutra Ylang by Bois 1920
Sutra Ylang is a perfume by Bois 1920 for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Enzo Galardi

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CardamomCardamom
LaurelLaurel
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
CarnationCarnation
RoseRose
VioletViolet
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
CedarwoodCedarwood
Tree mossTree moss
BenzoinBenzoin

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 28.09.2021.

Meditative blossom splendour
I don't have a particular affinity for floral scents... or so I thought. Since the intensive occupation with fragrance creations, I learned in a wonderful way to thoroughly clean up with my hastily formed fragrant prejudices and stubborn pigeonhole thinking. At first I was inspired by some beautiful compositions with violets. Cautiously I approached fragrant rose splendour. Many superficial clichés quickly dissolved and I was very quickly aware that any form of limitation of the (fragrance) experience can also mean an early end and boredom for exciting and enjoyable fragrance journeys.
Sutra Ylang was a blind purchase. Since I am a great friend of laurel - even in fragrances - my attention was
aroused. So here in the top note ...
Also clove and cardamom in the lush - floral composition seemed interesting to me. I also associated with the brand Bois 1920 very nice and interesting fragrance experiences.
A few days later, I then held the typical, simple and urban bottle in my hand.
A fabulous fragrance developed on my skin. From the beginning, I was overwhelmed by the richness, complexity and intensity of the composition. A dark floral spiciness, beautifully framed with light sandalwood and shimmering resins.
What a splendor and what enormous, infinite depth. All the fragrance elements blend into a lush, benevolent meditative sound....
Wild gardens, summer evenings in August, fragrant woods and seas of blossoms in Far Eastern temples.... For all the heavy opulence, there remains an impression of wonderful floral lightness.
This beautiful duality characterizes Sutra Ylang.

I can enjoy Sutra Ylang very much, but would not want to wear it, as its fragrance character seems too opulent for me. Probably he would permanently "overrule" me in his polyphony.
I will pass on Sutra Ylang and keep him in the best memory.

Perhaps he will find a good place in Murderbee's collection.

Special ylang
I found this censer-like, light flowery scent really outstanding and special. I would say, ylang is really the nearest association, but I can't find this note in the list.
I had once a shower gel with patchouli. Strange to say but it was more likely to incense than to patchouli. If I would add ylang-ylang to that fragrance, I would get something like SUTRA YLANG.

Till the base I wanted to buy a full bottle. Sadly it changed a lot on my skin. When a light/spicy perfume works not well on my skin, I smell paprika. It happened again. So unfortunately I can not wear this perfume with its weird and false end.

SUTRA YLANG was placed in the unisex category rightfully. Sillage and endurance are proper.

KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Full score in terms of originality. The scent reminds me of the finest hanbok. Aristocratic flowers and melancholic powder.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Because of laurel, flowers (carnation, ylang) smell spicy and not common. Thanks to moss, the ambery-woody base is quite exciting as well.

by Mörderbiene
by Mörderbiene

Popular Bois 1920

Dolce di Giorno by Bois 1920 Oro 1920 by Bois 1920 Come Il Sole by Bois 1920 Oltremare (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino by Bois 1920 Real Patchouly by Bois 1920 Come L'Amore (Eau de Toilette) by Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920 Oltremare (Eau de Parfum) by Bois 1920 Relativamente Rosso by Bois 1920 Oro Nero by Bois 1920 Vento nel Vento by Bois 1920 Classic 1920 by Bois 1920 Sensual Tuberose by Bois 1920 1920 Extreme by Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 Vento di Fiori by Bois 1920 Rosa di Filare / Kimono Rose by Bois 1920 Paranà by Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia by Bois 1920