Bleecker Street 2005

Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9
Bottle Design Bond No. 9, Rachel Katz
Bleecker Street is a popular perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is green-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

David Apel

OakmossOakmoss
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
CaramelCaramel

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.10.2021.

Balanced Bond-style freshie
A little addendum to my purchase many months ago. This Bleecker Street has crept into my collection after much pondering. Bond is simply a brand that mostly meets my taste: modern, mostly energetic, striking and just great performances. With a few exceptions, I wouldn't recommend paying full price for these scents to anyone. If you like this brand you should check out Notino more often. There you can find these partly for 130 euros, even a little above is more than fair for this great brand. Comes with many here not so good away, but is also type-dependent and a matter of taste.

This I have also shot at a good price. The 100ml bottle. Can you do, because it can be worn quite well as a day fragrance. Especially in the spring a 1A choice. The fragrance comes in the typical Bond box. Cool. Plus these star-shaped bottles, which I find absolutely iconic. The violet-green color is probably dedicated to the violet leaf. Otherwise, this fragrance also has a nice green touch, especially in the top note.
A fragrance that comes across as most Bonds very modern. A certain synthetic is addressed by some in the statements. Can not be written off 100%, but for me is not necessarily something negative as many feel here. Bleecker Street simply radiates a modern freshness. For me, especially this mixture is a great alternative for everyday life: You get a great greenish freshness, tangy-fruity currant, tart-grassy touch, gentle woody-floral nuances especially when the top note slowly disappears. At the end, the even becomes really warm with spicy, subtly sweet and leathery notes. One does not expect at all after this beautiful fresh prelude. Through and through, this fragrance works but sympathetic and not a bit over and too heavy.
The performance is described here by many as medium. I can only say: bomb! Like most Bonds. I never have any problems with Bonds. All in my possession perform at least well. Some even 10+ like this one. On me though, most fragrances last better than many write. Probably also depends on skin type. In any case, I get a minimum of 10 hours out of this one, even longer on clothes. I was surprised when I smelled this warm beautiful base. Sillage is in my opinion also better than rated here, but everyone should evaluate for themselves. I usually dose eh generous, especially in the freshness department.

Overall, a great modern freshness with great base. For many overpriced, for me at good deals a fragrance where I was happy to slam. Especially as a day fragrance at mild to warm temperatures a great choice.
I've changed.
"Synthetic freshness mixed with leather. For me too pungent and simply unappealing," I wrote a year ago as a statement and gave this fragrance 5 points.

But what happened in a year?

I was always looking for sweet, gourmand scents. "Valentino Uomo (Eau de Toilette) | Valentino" was the first fragrance I bought myself in 2014. Before that I only wore fragrances that were given to me ala Bruno Banani, Mexx, Jil Sander sun etc.

Sweet, gourmand scents were delicious and seductive to me, and that's what I wanted to be ?.

Somewhere along the way, I also started wearing fresh scents that weren't noticed right away. I thought that in the summer the fresh scents are more appropriate than the heavy gourmands. The Freshies were eig only means to an end, because I said to myself: "A day without perfume, is a lost day." ? So I wore these fresh scents, which I could hardly distinguish at first, they were "characterless" and smelled for me all almost the same.

At some point I began to recognize or smell differences and noticed especially that I now wore fresh, woody scents more often than the Gourmands, as they were simply pleasant, not challenging and liked by almost everyone around me.

During that time, I got a sample of Bleecker Street . My first association was: "A cool fresh scent. An unsympathetic businessman who acts like an A
l**, yet is very powerful."

1 year later, I am neither a businessman, nor powerful, and as for the A
l
* part, I can't judge for myself ? but I fell in love with this fragrance. He is unique, unswar in its own way.

green, fresh, cool, masculine, (ISO E Super?) and linear. I feel good and confident.

Unfortunately, I don't smell jo berry, cinnamon or vanilla. And the sillage is adequate indoors. But on the whole, the fragrance is recommendable for a price well below the MSRP.

LG Sezer
Better than expected :)
The next highlight in my collection what I may call my own is this beautiful spring / summer fragrance.

I had read and seen many negative reviews due to the lack of uniqueness and poor durability and thought to myself... oh come on, order a fragrance clone from England as a sample and try the times out.
The clone was not so bad and after a certain time in which I wrestled with me to fill my shelf further, (Not that spring is just around the corner and you like to reward yourself) I now hold my Bleecker Street bottle in my hands. :)

The dupe doesn't even stand a chance against the original.

A meadow of flowers in the summer, with lemon trees. Insects buzz around you, a touch of slightly sweet creaminess, paired with Zitrisch Floralem interaction.

Super successful and a real change from the standard designer fragrances in the repertoire. I am very happy about the successful "almost" Blindbuy.

Real3XO
Spring as a fragrance - This is what spring smells like
Actually, I wouldn't have even tried Bleecker Street until today. It was on my radar, but there were a lot of other scents I would have tested before. In addition, the "bad" reviews have deterred me a bit. In the meantime, I've unfortunately gotten into the habit of critically reviewing all fragrances with an overall rating of less than "8" first and putting them further down the list. I don't know if it's the same for you, but because of all the ratings I always unconsciously categorize even unknown fragrances into good or bad. Bleecker Street is the best proof that you should not always rely only on the opinion of others and Parfumo reviews also reflect only part of the truth.

As I said, I myself would probably not have tested the fragrance until today. Me but has a nice Parfumo user a small free sample to a souk order just under a year ago with put.
Since the reviews here are only so mediocre, I did not expect much. But lo and behold, the first spray a direct hit.

Fresh, fruity, a little woody and above all: GREEN!
The individual fragrance notes complement each other wonderfully and the slight sweetness by the currant rounds off the fresh green perfectly. I would not call the fragrance purely natural, very artificial or synthetic, but it is also not. The pungent synthetic note as in some other perfumes does not exist here. The association with freshly cut grass is definitely understandable, but one should not pay too much attention to this description. When I mow my lawn in the spring, it definitely does not smell like Bond No.9's Bleecker Street ;)

As you can already tell from the description, Bleecker Street is perfect for spring. In the summer you can wear it quite also, but for me this Bond No.9 is the prime example of a successful spring fragrance. In addition, it is a very everyday fragrance, which I think you can wear in the office, leisure or sports. In the evening, I would then probably but rather reach for another fragrance.

The durability is also surprisingly good for a fresh fragrance. Of course, you can not set the performance of oriental perfumes as a benchmark, but Bleecker Street also creates it well throughout the day.
Plus, it's pretty "crowd-pleasing." Even if that always sounds a bit stupid, he is liked by many and you can do little wrong. For me also a clear men's fragrance.

I have recently actually bought the 100 ml bottle, because the fragrance for me is simply the spring fragrance par excellence. Whether he is really worth 290 € original price, can certainly be debated, but on relevant sites you can find the 100 ml well and gladly times reduced by 50%.
For this price Bleecker Street is worth it in my opinion in any case and should be tried by everyone who likes fresh and green fragrances.
Green yo, grass no
Freshly cut grass, currant!!!
But where? I can't smell it.

I'm really impressionable. If someone tells me Baccarat Rouge smells like hospital and cotton candy, then it smells like that. And only like that. It's like watching a movie and then read the book to it. The figures in the head then only look like those from the film.

But I don't smell freshly cut grass. Or do you mean some other grass? But no, it doesn't smell like that either.
I find almost the smells a little lemony, with a hint of shower gel. Where the shower gel smell can also simply be because that smells quite synthetic.
But somehow also not bad. I like to wear it because it is not complicated. A good everyday fragrance.

The price is really super, so for the manufacturer.
Stay away from me
...might be a little harsh. Nevertheless, Bleecker Street is a fragrance which is not as good as the typical established test procedure of bringing the sprayed wrist directly to the nose.
In my experience, this kind of scent consumption with this bond gives the wrong impression, since a rather unpleasant looking synthetic, which accompanies the scent - and this should be known - until the end, can trigger something like escape reflexes.

Yesterday Monday, start of vacation... great stuff. Pleasantly tempered outside conditions, which finally let you breathe again after many days of scorching heat. Over the day the 26-27 degrees are not cracked and there is always a breeze.

First of all ... the circumstance of a free day in conjunction with these meteorological conditions lead to the ideal conditions to wear Bleecker Street. The so-called sweet spot is a popular term these days. This was hit in its entirety yesterday Monday. One sprayer on both wrists, please do not spray any more and keep the pencils down. This fragrance needs room to unfold, doesn't want to come too close to any nose in the world, knowing that it won't work properly otherwise. That's why you should ideally move around a lot in the fresh air, leave your hands as far as possible below and around the wearer a magical cloud of sweet-juicy currants is created, bedded on a green-woody base which is only subtly sweet due to a well-dosed jasmine, but especially in the prelude present enough to clearly underline the unisex character. In the further course of time - and I try to keep the distance described at the beginning - the sweetness on my skin decreases a bit and especially oak moss gives this bond a clearly masculine character. And nothing changes until the end of the process, because this fragrance, like a fire, needs air and oxygen to survive its absolute strength I loved this fragrance yesterday and, as long as I am sure of the right daytime conditions, I will wear it even more often on vacation.

Now I have realized why Bleecker Street leads a rather shadowy existence in my collection. The necessary circumstances are mostly not given in everyday life, which is a real pity. For this reason I will have to lower the score by half a point to 7.5. In the past I already thought about a sale, but now I am sure to keep it. It's too good under the ideal conditions that unfortunately occur too rarely. It also keeps its place in the Starting 8 for spring and summer despite its small range of use. These are seasonally exhibited on the wall in the living room, primarily against the background of frequent use, but also an attractive room image. The flacon is a visual eye-catcher and creeps something like good mood into the room.

Bleecker Street has been in my collection for almost 18 months. As far as the fragrance architecture is concerned, it has undergone a small change since then.
In the beginning, amber, but especially patchouli, came through much stronger. I cannot exclude that it is because of my nose, but today I perceive these components only very weakly. A maturing process could also have driven this process, which suggests that a healthy amount of natural ingredients have found their way into the bottle, in addition to the halfway dominant synthetics.

If you are looking for a green-fresh fragrance for your leisure time in the bright season, a test from Bleecker Street is recommended.
Look mer times
Yes, it's certainly beautiful. Bleecker Street from Bond No. 9. If you believe all the reviews, this is THE fragrance of Bond No. 9 at all. The bottle is especially beautiful. Many people might think it's kitschy, but I like it with its bright colors in green and purple.

At first sniff, I was in raptures. You all know the feeling. You test a new scent and the first thing you do is check the prices. Especially when you know for sure that the nose is enjoying a not quite inexpensive candidate. But do you really need this gaudy greenling that costs so much in your collection? I was unsure. And I still am.

Because I think this Bleecker Street guy's a mean phony. He has such an adorable top note. Are those blackcurrants I smell? Is that thyme? Violet leaf? Since the fragrances of this brand are all rather synthetically designed, I can't say for sure if I smell cassis and thyme. What I smell in the first 15 minutes, however, I find phenomenal. It's soft, it's fresh, it's green and it's underlaid with a very delicate sweetness. With the sweetness, I guess vanilla, which should only show up at the end of the process. But I don't smell grass and meadow here now. Yes, the smell has something green, but I don't find this typical smell of freshly cut grass here. If you want it to be as authentic as possible, you better go to Creeds Original Vetiver or Trudon II.

Unfortunately this beautiful top note does not last too long. The fragrance tends to become fresher and more masculine. At the start I would have thought, "OK, but it's not really right for men." A little later I see it on me, or on the lady in general, but rather out of place. Because what comes next is actually a little bit in the direction of the fresh notes known from fragrances like Aventus (Creed) or Gentle Fluidity Silver (MFK). The latter is of course also considered unisex, but for my personal taste, such a fragrance on my skin would be too masculine.

This impression of the fragrance lingers with me until the end. I can't make out leather notes any more than I can oakmoss. I still put up with ambergris and cedar wood, that might be possible. But in principle we have here simply a rather simple fresh scent for the warmer days with a slightly tart and sour base. If I knew better, I would say quite clearly that we are dealing with a vetiver scent. I see parallels to Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford (against whom I tested it out of interest) and a tiny hint of Bal d'Afrique by Byredo, which I think is wonderful, shimmers through here. Only without the creamy tones. I can't smell jasmine for the life of me. That sounds almost a bit mean, but from the heart note on it has a bit of a shower gel from the drugstore for my nose
The smell is good, no question. And it lasts very well, like most of the fragrances of this brand. But now for the question of all questions. Is it worth the money? If this phenomenal top note lasted any longer, I would be inclined to buy it immediately. But since that is not the case, I say - in good Swabian - take a look. Even if my review doesn't sound quite so enthusiastic now. This is not one that I exclude. Maybe I'll get it one day after all.

Love thanks to Chizza for the rehearsal.
Mass appealing fresh scent
Bleecker street is a nice green fresh scent. You can wear it without hesitation (very suitable for the masses).
I find the scent DNA quite unique in a positive sense. The durability is really good for a fresh scent on my skin.
The Sillage is in midfield and could be a little better.
All in all Bond no.9 bleecker street is a very good scent that I like to wear again and again.

SpicyDice
Green, fresh, appeals to the masses.
First of all, I am not a huge fan of fresh scents, but rather of vanilla gouramands. Besides, I have the problem that a lot of newcomers are almost stinging in my nose.

When I first applied Bleeker Street I thought it was one of those and it almost had a mainstream designer appeal, but that went away after about a minute. Fortunately, it turned out to be a greenish, fresh scent with a touch of freshly showered and a green note.

It develops from a green newbie to a fresh greenling. So he starts out fresher and becomes greener and calmer with time, if that makes sense.

Although I'm not the type for fresh perfumes, I can recommend this one.
The durability and projection is really remarkable for a fresh scent.
Benedikt2019
Good news: its's green fresh Whoo-hoo!
Corona crisis, bad news, bad mood, grim faces, nerves are on edge...
It's time Leudeee, time for some good news! Or?

Today it had to be again, the Bleecker literally begged me to be carried. He said to me:

"Boy, it's warm, the sun is shining, shops are partly open again, you need something to express the mood."

Okayyyyyy, I'll give in to him, he's kind of right...

Hach guys, what can I say, he was right, it's just a good humour perfume. It already starts with the bottle, which is kitschy to look at and likes to tempt me to put on "feel good" music. But its fragrance also further underlines the emotional state. It is green, very grassy, like a meadow full of juicy green grass. In addition, it has - like the Aventus or the Aqaysos, for example - a nice pencil note, which is given to it by the cedar. It gives it a tart and distinctive touch. Joa also he is extremely freshhhhh! At the beginning - and I like that especially - we who smell it can enjoy fruity currant. Wonderful!

I often had to push the durability and the sillage up again, because I underestimated it at first, but after wearing it several times I realized that it can do more. It lasts a good 7 hours and is well noticeable at least in the first three hours. Afterwards it appears again and again under the olfactory bulb. I think that's good for a fresh scent, don't you?

The bottle can be placed on the table to keep the mood at a high level!

Price, yeah...
Hmm...
Expensive, that's right!
I always look that I get the times in the offer, if you search for a long time, you find 100ml also times for 130 euros or 50ml for scarce 100, that is bearable!

He is especially something for you if you:
- Aqaysos, Aventus, Agua fresca extreme etc. likes
- like to have it fresh around their noses
- a discreetly biting fruity note can be detected
- also sometimes attaches importance to a horny flacon
- good Vibes just simply can use

So you see: it's time for good news!

JoloJolo 6 months ago
Synthetic green fresh synthetics, this green tentacle bottle almost took over the world.

by Blauemaus
by Stere
by MightyMike
by MightyMike

Popular Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 Chinatown by Bond No. 9 New York Nights by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Dubai Gold by Bond No. 9 Lafayette Street by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 HTTP://WWW.BONDNO9.COM by Bond No. 9 TriBeCa by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York / Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York by Bond No. 9 New York Amber (Extrait de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 Lexington Avenue by Bond No. 9 Liberty Island by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Greenwich Village by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9