Bleecker Street (2005)

Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9
Bottle Design Bond No. 9, Rachel Katz

Bleecker Street is a popular perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

David Apel

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant, Thyme, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Cedarwood, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Leather, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.08.2020.

Blauemaus
Noble newcomer, who somehow always walks
The bonds have relatively few friends here. Too flashy, too synthetic, overpriced, ugly bottles. And so on, and so on... I myself am of the opinion that scents are always a matter of taste. I myself have my difficulties with Xerjoff, Amouage or Creed, for example. However, I am not of the opinion that scents are useless or badly made. They just do not meet my personal taste. And prices are relative, depending on how much someone can or wants to spend.

Bleecker Street moved into my collection as my second Bond last summer. And since then, the joy of the purchase and my affection for him has not waned. Unfortunately, I have a hard time with the description at Bleecker Street of all places. To be honest, I can't smell a single one of the fragrances mentioned above. Except currant. And only since I read that Zauber600 smelled a Campino candy in it. The blackcurrant one, always my favourite Campino. Since then, I have at least noticed this one inside. But the rest, as I said before, I have a hard time with
So I'm just going to give you my scent impression. Bleecker Street is fresh, yet gentle, green (I don't smell grass like in Grass from GAP or Truth from CK). On some days I get a sweeter touch, which remotely reminds me of a bakery, but as I said, not always. Overall, Bleecker Street seems rather synthetic to me, but pleasantly synthetic. Never pungent or alcoholic. I do notice a bit of vanilla every now and then, but reserved, unsweet vanilla, not opulent Guerlain vanilla. A bit spicy to me, too, it is cool like a shady green park... As I said, I can only give the overall impression of Bleecker Street, no scents.

I do not consider him to be masculine, this fragrance is also my husband's favourite scent of me. Which makes me very happy. So it doesn't seem particularly masculine to others about me. What I like less is the bottle, but that's not really important to me. In general, I like the Bonds bottles less than the fragrances.

By the way, Bleecker Street is one of the few fragrances that I would buy any time I wanted to.
Mass appealing fresh scent
Bleecker street is a nice green fresh scent. You can wear it without hesitation (very suitable for the masses).
I find the scent DNA quite unique in a positive sense. The durability is really good for a fresh scent on my skin.
The Sillage is in midfield and could be a little better.
All in all Bond no.9 bleecker street is a very good scent that I like to wear again and again.

SpicyDice
Green, fresh, appeals to the masses.
First of all, I am not a huge fan of fresh scents, but rather of vanilla gouramands. Besides, I have the problem that a lot of newcomers are almost stinging in my nose.

When I first applied Bleeker Street I thought it was one of those and it almost had a mainstream designer appeal, but that went away after about a minute. Fortunately, it turned out to be a greenish, fresh scent with a touch of freshly showered and a green note.

It develops from a green newbie to a fresh greenling. So he starts out fresher and becomes greener and calmer with time, if that makes sense.

Although I'm not the type for fresh perfumes, I can recommend this one.
The durability and projection is really remarkable for a fresh scent.
Benedikt2019
Good news: its's green fresh Whoo-hoo!
Corona crisis, bad news, bad mood, grim faces, nerves are on edge...
It's time Leudeee, time for some good news! Or?

Today it had to be again, the Bleecker literally begged me to be carried. He said to me:

"Boy, it's warm, the sun is shining, shops are partly open again, you need something to express the mood."

Okayyyyyy, I'll give in to him, he's kind of right...

Hach guys, what can I say, he was right, it's just a good humour perfume. It already starts with the bottle, which is kitschy to look at and likes to tempt me to put on "feel good" music. But its fragrance also further underlines the emotional state. It is green, very grassy, like a meadow full of juicy green grass. In addition, it has - like the Aventus or the Aqaysos, for example - a nice pencil note, which is given to it by the cedar. It gives it a tart and distinctive touch. Joa also he is extremely freshhhhh! At the beginning - and I like that especially - we who smell it can enjoy fruity currant. Wonderful!

I often had to push the durability and the sillage up again, because I underestimated it at first, but after wearing it several times I realized that it can do more. It lasts a good 7 hours and is well noticeable at least in the first three hours. Afterwards it appears again and again under the olfactory bulb. I think that's good for a fresh scent, don't you?

The bottle can be placed on the table to keep the mood at a high level!

Price, yeah...
Hmm...
Expensive, that's right!
I always look that I get the times in the offer, if you search for a long time, you find 100ml also times for 130 euros or 50ml for scarce 100, that is bearable!

He is especially something for you if you:
- Aqaysos, Aventus, Agua fresca extreme etc. likes
- like to have it fresh around their noses
- a discreetly biting fruity note can be detected
- also sometimes attaches importance to a horny flacon
- good Vibes just simply can use

So you see: it's time for good news!

Easter Sunday and Bleecker Street
On festive days I like to wear chic perfumes. Do you? Bond No.9 Bleecker Street is one of my latest additions to my perfume collection and my third perfume from the New York house. Bleecker Street is one of the top 10 "Spring Fragrances" on YouTube, and it's the most popular perfume on the internet. So it's also clear that there's a certain hype and people become aware of such a fragrance and it's sure to be bought more.

Bleecker Street in New York is located in the Greenwich Village District of Manhattan and runs in a west-east direction. If you take a walk through Google Street View, you will first discover a bunch of restaurants and cafes to the right and left of the street, at some point you cross Broadway and then there are mainly apartments along the street. Besides, the night club scene is said to be quite good there, all in all a corner that invites to go out in the evening. But Bond No.9 Bleecker Street's scent pyramid suggests that this is not and is not an evening scent for going out.

Unfortunately, I had to search for a long time for a perfumery that sells Bond fragrances. Coincidentally, I finally came across Bond fragrances in Leipzig about 3 years ago and then tried one or the other. Out front: Bleecker Street. I absolutely had to test it, I only knew the scent pyramid and the corresponding reviews. The first time I tested it I was absolutely overwhelmed, especially by the juicy sour currant in the top note, which definitely stayed on the skin for a while. Also the shelf life was really good for a fresh scent. It was one of the first times that I ever got to enjoy niche perfumes. My thought a few hours later: this bond could one day be the first bond I'll buy - after all, the prices aren't that low.

However, last Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny brought me other gifts, including a rum from Panama. What does this have to do with Bleecker Street? Nothing. Because I was already in possession of the scent and no longer dependent on the Easter Bunny. A few weeks ago, the time had come and Bleecker Street arrived in my mailbox. In fact, I didn't even touch the scent for a while. I still knew exactly what I was smelling and I was looking forward to Easter, because now on Easter Sunday Bleecker Street should be my SOTD for the first time.

Spray on the neck and then again on the wrist, then let the nose dive deeply into the black currant and daaaaann Huh? How now? Where did he go? I just sprayed Bleecker Street on my hand?! Honestly, for the first 10-15 seconds I smell absolutely nothing on my skin. That's very strange, because three years earlier the currant had come to me full carrot. It is indeed the case that the scent first hides and then very slowly emerges from its cover. And the currant is so weak that I can't even compare it with then. That's when the alarm system with the inscription "Reformulierung" (reformulation) goes on :-( I don't know if this is true, if the scent was reformulated but this has not much to do with the memories of that time. The scent remains green and fresh, sometimes you walk past a bush of black currants, but they look pale. The whole thing is combined with a mossy-sweet base with some fruit, which makes it stand out from the "just freshies" scents.

Unfortunately, my Bleecker Street bottle does not trigger the springtime associations I got after the first time I tested it. It feels harmless, generic, interchangeable. Yes, the DNA is good but it seems watered down. I wish it smelled like it did from my memory - so the disappointment is great. I could easily give the scent a 9.0 or more because I know what it can or could do... but unfortunately I have to deduct points. My recommendation therefore: do not buy blind, but get a tester! It's a real pity, Bleecker Street. I guess you're not the same anymore
A gmahde Wiesn
Rarely have I found it more difficult to evaluate a fragrance. I tested it intensively for one week and from 5 to 10 every rating was there.

I think my first disappointment was simply that I imagined him to be fresher. The unfulfilled expectations are always one of those things...

But with each test I found it a little better and more interesting. Especially the Drydown is very appealing. You have to like grassy notes to enjoy this fragrance. But these peaks are well intercepted by the berry notes. Especially at this point I like the fact that it's not the kind of overwhelming fruitiness that's being used at the moment.

Despite its 15 years on the hunchback, the fragrance still has a modern look for me and also the potential to become an evergreen.

Speaking of green... ...because of his grassy notes, especially in the beginning, I once had him play LV Sur la Route. In direct comparison, the Sur la Route seems more grassy, intense and natural to me. Bleecker Street, on the other hand, scores with a slightly more interesting scent. What they have in common is that their price is simply outrageous. That's also the main reason why I haven't bought either of them yet. If I should still change my mind here, there would be slight tendencies towards Sur la Route ;-)

Testing this fragrance was definitely fun. Thanks in this context to Schoorck, who made this so uncomplicated possible :-)
Jakobolino
Knowledge that nobody needs!
Hello everybody and welcome to a new issue of "Knowledge that nobody needs". Today we are dealing with a fragrance by the company Bond No.9, which has the habit of naming many of its fragrances after streets and squares of its New York headquarters. The company name is also derived from the address 9 Bond Street.

Bleecker Street is named after the Bleecker family because the street ran through the family's courtyard. In 1808 Anthony Lispenard Bleecker and his wife left the city a large part of the land on which Bleecker Street is located.
Originally Bleecker Street stretched from the Bowery to Broadway on the north side of Bleecker Farm, and later to Sixth Avenue. In 1829 it joined Herring Street and extended northwest of Bleecker Street to Abingdon Square.

Well, already asleep?

Let's get to the scent. Bleecker Street is a green-fresh fragrance that starts with a wonderfully fruity top note of currant and thyme. You are welcomed in a beautiful garden and immediately feel at home. Violet leaf, which I consciously do not perceive, provides a minimal floral component. I can understand the associations of a grass scent that I often read about here, even if the fruity aspect is the most important for me. cedar wood is added in the middle part, which gives a certain pencil note that I love. In the base, the whole thing is then rounded off with oakmoss, so that my personal assessment would even be more of a green-woody scent. Well, he smells really great already. The main reason why I was tempted to buy Bleecker Street, however, is the incredible durability for a relatively fresh fragrance. There are great fresh scents, which unfortunately very often are not very durable. Bleecker Street is available all day AND it is clearly visible from the wearer. The bottle is exceedingly ugly...Pity
Hello, wake up!!!
The small hook to this fragrance is, as so often, the very high price, although I would like to note that you can get it for 50% of the RRP, if you browse a little on the net. And that price, it was worth it to me
We have now reached the end of our contribution and I would be happy if you would join us again next time at "Wissen das kein braucht" and stay

Your Jacobolino
Perfume 2.0
I'm using alexa. Amazon's language assistant I got for Christmas last year. In the kitchen she turns on the lights, I put missing products in the household on her shopping list, let me play music in my favorite sections, ask about the weather and when I can not sleep I ask about the time and let me play sleep sounds like wave noise, or thunderstorms. It's a nice gimmick. You can also continue your education if you are bored.

Conspiracy theorists now say that I am being bugged and monitored, but that would be nothing new now and after I initially said the words bomb, grenade and Islam for days on end as a test, I had neither these products in my shopping cart, nor was the BKA, CIA or Mossad at the door But it is also strongly indicated. She reacts to swear words only with a tone ala Tudüm, or not at all.
Same thing happens to perfume. If I say Alexa Bond No.9, there will be a muddum. Despite all the gadgets and gimmicks this is still limited. There's still something going on in the future.
A perfumo binding in a few years I would find sensational but that would still sound like that today..

Alexa-what's new on Parfumo?
"There were 15 new comments on Parfumo today. 4 of them to fragrances from your collection and 2 of members you follow. By Schengosahnemann and Pinorrek. Shall I read it to you or would you like to know more?"
No now not.
"Ok. There were also 121 statements written, most of them from Troya1234 that you follow. Shall I read it to you?"
No. What else did you have? +
"There were still 623 contributions and 44 photos uploaded and written. As in previous years, APOM pour Homme and Prada L'homme were the most highly recommended in the forum. Haubentaucher100 wrote a blog with the title "I came, saw...and now I don't know any more" Should I read it to you?
Alexa no thank you. Pick me out a scent with green notes. Should smell like lawn like this.
"Did you mean artificial turf?" I found 103 entries for Sport Flooring."
Dude! Are you soft in savoy cabbage?
"I'm not sure"
All right, I want you to find me a perfume that smells like meadow, has a bit of fruit and holds well.
"Did you mean Tim Wiese? Tim Wiese is a former German soccer goalkeeper and has held well. With his long-time club Werder Bremen, for which he played between 2005 and 2012, he won..
Alexa STOP! Can't be that hard. Alexa find me a scent on perfumo that smells green, so GRAS!
"Günter Wilhelm Grass was a German writer, sculptor, painter and graphic artist. Grass heard...
ALEXA STOP! Are you kidding me?
"But that's not nice of you"
Okay, okay, okay. Look, I think I remember one thing. Alexa find me a perfume out and namely Bleecker Str.
"Bleecker Street is an east-west street in New York's Manhattan district. Today it's a nightclub district in..
STOP! Alexa I speak chinese?
"I'm afraid I don't know."
Well then give me a list with all the bonds.
"Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Da...
ALEXA STOP! I need information about Bleecker Str. of Bond No.9 please!
"This ultra-modern unisex fragrance has captured the dynamics of the legendary designer shopping mile Bleecker Street. The composition belongs to the new woody-oriental gourmet fragrances and convinces with delicious vanilla. In addition, there are other gourmet fragrances such as cassis, caramel, cinnamon and thyme, which are combined with aromatic woods. Musk was added because of its sensual-warm charisma. Patchouli, like gin, is added to balance the sweet aromas."
At last. Can you specify that?
"After a successful prelude with lots of currants, some jasmine and a blue eye....
STOP. What's that? Blue eye?
"I meant violet. HA HA. You should see your face now. HA HA. I think I'm funny. Shall I tell you a joke?"
Fine with me.
"What's got a pistol and is mowing?...The sheep shooter."
Orr ne, Alexa Weiter.
"After a successful start with lots of currants, some jasmine and violets, the fragrance exudes an illusion of fresh green lawn with cinnamon and wood and an increase in patchouli. Musk provides for a long shelf life and larger Sillage. The fragrance is very synthetic, but very pleasing. The shelf life is a good 8h and can be used all year round. It was launched in 2005 and has an average score of 7.5 on Parfumo. Despite less green scents such as vetiver, the lawn dominates the fragrance. It is now in your shopping cart."
Lawn. See, was that so hard?
"Lawn or speed limit? The Greens demand 130 km/h on German motorways. Want to know more?"
Alexa Parfum and then initiate self-destruct frequency.
"Tudüm"
Jeremy says ...
Well, now I may have your attention, may I?
Did I?
Fits!

Yeah, I know it was kind of cheap now. But I have to agree with Jeremy on one thing, even though I can't stand his discreetly narcissistic nature. So he reports that Bleeker Street smells like freshly cut grass. Here I agree with him, but with a few exceptions.

As someone who was introduced to the art of lawn mowing in his early childhood, I'm sure I can say that when the lawn is mown in the morning, when it's not so hot and the green is still a little damp, it's characterized by an idyllic juiciness.
But you don't feel much of this juiciness anymore if you sleep a little longer and have to postpone mowing until the afternoon, for example, in order not to rip the neighbouring pensioners out of their midday nap. If you don't start the lawn mower until about 3 pm, the midday heat usually erases the last bit of juice from every single blade of grass. Now there is not much left of the green juiciness. Instead, a musty green fragrance cloud, decorated with tons of dust and dirt, spreads out and one wonders why one did not get up earlier.

"Bleeker Street isn't the morning mow or the afternoon mow. It's somewhere in between. At the beginning still very airy and fresh, the fragrance condenses after about half an hour and is no longer quite so transparent. In the beginning, the currant and the violet actually provided a grass-like green prelude. The currant was responsible for the juiciness, while the violet was responsible for the green-herbal note. This green and herbaceous juiciness is then underlaid with a slightly musty creaminess and thus automatically loses its airiness. Responsible for the soft transparency and airiness might be the cinnamon, which I don't smell explicitly, but also the cedar wood might have its part in this changing fragrance impression. But it's all very difficult, at least for me, to smell.

With the insertion of the base note, it becomes really green again. The oak moss and the patchouli are involved here and now give the composition a very herbaceous green coat of paint, which additionally experiences a minimal sweetness, evoked by the vanilla. By the way, I don't perceive leather here - that much should be said in conclusion.

Are we dealing with freshly mown lawns here now? I say "Jain." It's much more a meadow, far away from the meticulously maintained English lawn, where moss, violets, patchouli and other green niceties coexist. The contents of our lawn mower basket are a herbaceous-green mixture that can still call a certain residual moisture its own. Apparently we didn't quite stick to the rest periods and mowed already at noon, so that not everything was completely dried out yet. The Office of Public Order is already at the door, the mummified neighborhood Stasi on the balcony, I quickly hide in the shed - the lawn-cutting midday sprinkler
3.5
MkCb
A satire ("No. 2 of the "I don't understand the hype" fragrances)
Hardly a "Spring/Summer 201x" list goes by without the candidate being named here.
Maybe it's my inexperience, maybe I don't know anything about perfume, but... no, you know what? Meanwhile I have enough knowledge to tell myself that this is not a well made perfume.

I know I'm not gonna make friends with that comment. To all who read this and like the scent - please don't take it personally.

I'm not sure Bond Number 9 is serious about us here yet. Bleecker Street looks like a satire of new-fangled shower gel fragrances or fruity, fresh and woody fragrances. All the prejudices are clattered down here - starting with the fresh, fruity woodiness (distant towards Aventus) mixed with pure, arrogant, disgusting synthetics. For the mass market accessible, the Panty Dropper, Complement Getter a la Jeremy.
Beginning with synthetic currant wrapped in synthetic green notes. There is nothing more to say about the fragrance. Have I already mentioned the synthetics?
Yeah, it's fresh.
Yes, it's fruity.
Yes, it's green.
Yeah, it's good to wear in spring or summer. The only question is whether you want that too...

But now I come to my most important criticism:
The price/performance ratio. I always take this into account as a factor in the evaluation, but it has hardly been worth mentioning so far. But Bleecker Street looks different.
Because this is underground, a farce, rip-off, impertinence. Please add more of these words here. I just checked the homepage. The house charges for 100ml, believe it or not, 370 dollars.

I repeat: !!Three hundred and seventy dollars!!

At 50ml, you'll get your $250!!! buttoned off.
You also get a terribly cheap looking bottle. I always have the words "want, but can't" on my lips.
That Bleecker Street is a 370 dollar expensive, mass-produced perfume, which goes in the direction of Aventus with a green impact, is completely okay. But if a brute superficiality of pure synthetic, which is worse than many a five euro perfume, flutters against you, it becomes a problem.

Conclusion:
Buy yourselves Aventus.

by Schoork
by Barker
by MightyMike
by MightyMike

Popular Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Chinatown by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 New York Nights by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York / Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York by Bond No. 9 Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 Lexington Avenue by Bond No. 9 New York Amber (Extrait de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 HTTP://WWW.BONDNO9.COM by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 Dubai Ruby by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Hamptons by Bond No. 9 Eau de New York by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 Astor Place by Bond No. 9 Brooklyn by Bond No. 9