Bryant Park (2007)

Bryant Park by Bond No. 9

Bryant Park is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesLily-of-the-valley, Rhubarb, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Raspberry

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.08.2019

3.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

Unexpected love
When I just got the information that there is a new post for this fragrance, I thought I'd take it right away :)

Because I never would have tested Bryant Park. There are notes in it that basically don't appeal to me at all. Lily of the valley? No! Pepper? No! Rose? It usually doesn't work either. But whatever. The scent was in an exchange pack as a sample and I thought, if it is already there, then I just test it. Not only was I pleasantly surprised, but I was really surprised that I liked a fragrance with these notes so much. I find it round, delicate and beautiful from beginning to end. It's light, but still has a decent presence. I have already been asked what would smell so pleasant here. Sure, the price is high, but I just liked the little bond so much that it didn't matter and I hit it. Today I would not like to miss him in my collection any more. Bryant Park goes every chance he gets. Whether in business or private, in the morning or in the evening, and I think it's a fragrance that goes really well with your holiday. That's why I always like to take him with me on vacation :)
6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Fresh, green and flowery
Only unfortunately with too much amber in the base. Which is a shame, because otherwise it could have been something with Bryant Park and me. But nicely in turn...

I got Bryant Park as a probationer in the course of a sharing. Thanks again for that. Actually, the raspberry gave me a headache, but that was completely unnecessary. Here the raspberry is not artificially sweet, but smells nice and fresh, as if it were still hanging on the bush. The start is also promising. Lilies of the valley ring friendly, with a refreshing hint of rhubarb, to which the rose gradually adds itself. I don't smell patchouli and I don't miss it either. Patchouli is not one of my favourite fragrance components anyway. The whole remains so friendly, green-floral and fresh for.... hm, about three hours. Then comes the base and out of the dream. Of course there is Amber in the fragrance pyramid, but it could have been the raspberry like with most of them. It could have been. But since I like Amber just like musk very rarely, no, actually not at all, I am not surprised that it is the same here. The fragrance becomes pompous and gets this proll note like so many amber scents. Here it is not quite so bad, but still bad enough not to want to wear it. But if you like Amber, you can test him. The fragrance is beautiful, but without amber it would be even more beautiful. ;)

The silage is rather restrained on me, the shelf life is around 5 hours
7.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Not my favourite Bond
Bond No.9's Bryant Park is a fragrance I am neither impressed with nor repulsed by. To my nose, it falls into a fruity floral category rather than a floral chypre, and for that reason, seeing that fruity scents aren't really my thing, I'm left feeling rather under-whelmed.

The scent opened rather sweet and fruity on my skin, which I found both irritating and somewhat fascinating at the same time. The raspberries smell slightly candied, and I seem to detect a green melon note peeking through in the top notes. I usually enjoy rhubarb in fragrances, however I felt as if the note helped unbalance the overall blend. The initial stages of Bryant Park left me feeling a tad disappointed.

The pink rose in the heart, although present, is not what I consider the 'perfect rose accord'. The sweet fruits tend to overshadow the florals on my skin, making this fragrance smell slightly juvenile instead of mature like I hoped it would be. Perhaps the pink, glitzy bottle could act as a pre-warning for those searching for some depth.

Unfortunately I find Bryant Park synthetic and unoriginal. I hate to say that because it has so many fans, some of which are people whose tastes I greatly admire. I think for the price, it's really not worth it, even if the bottle is adorable.

The longevity is another downside to this fragrance, lasting a measly two hours on my skin. I was really shocked to discover that this was the result of an expensive EDP. Even more disappointing for me was its tame patchouli accord and lack of complexity. It's a thumbs down from me I'm afraid.
5.0 8.0/10

Fills the Deci-Dela Discontinuation Void
Speaking of raspberries, there are a couple of very good fruity chypres with raspberry at their center. One is the now-discontinued Nina Ricci DECI DELA, which is a fruity chypre in the style of Guerlain MITSOUKO but with a strange and somewhat forbidding opening, which probably explains why it was discontinued. The drydown, for those with the patience to wait, is a completely gorgeous textured modern chypre.

Happily, Bond no 9 has produced three perfumes in this general style, with important distinctions, but still capturing the same texture which I love so much in fruity chypres such as (unreformulated) MITSOUKO, Rochas FEMME, and DECI DELA. The three Bond perfumes are: LEXINGTON AVENUE, CHINATOWN, and BRYANT PARK.

Lots of people seem to love CHINATOWN, which is more oriental in character and packs a load of peach blossom along with its spice bundle (with cardamom prominent, to my nose). Lots of people seem to loathe LEXINGTON AVENUE, for reasons which continue to elude me, given the manifest similarities between it and CHINATOWN, above all the patchouli and cardamom. I have not heard too much talk about BRYANT PARK, which offers the same contemporary fruity chypre structure but with far less orientalia and far more fruit, in particular: raspberry.

This is a very fruity perfume, but the fruit does not smell artificial and sickening as it does in many designer fruity-florals and even in some of the tsunami of fruit-choulis. In BRYANT PARK, the raspberries are half way between jam and fresh, but they are not too sweet and definitely not dripping with sugar syrup. The rhubarb may be helping to moderate the sugar content somewhat. The raspberries here are, however, still sweeter than the raspberries of DECI DELA, so that's a bit of a caveat: it's not a guarantee that you'll like BRYANT PARK if you like DECI DELA, but there is a good chance that you will, it seems to me.

In a side-by-side comparison of BRYANT PARK and DECI DELA, I find that the openings are quite different with a big blast of raspberry in the former and an almost plasticky strangeness in the latter case. DECI DELA passes through a manifestly MITSOUKO-like stage which BRYANT PARK does not, but the two begin to converge toward the drydown, with the same fruity chypre texture in each. I love both of these perfumes, which really means something given that raspberry is quite far from being one of my favorite notes.

Based on the negative reviews which I seen of BRYANT PARK, this composition may play out differently on different wearers and to different noses--I mean more than the usual. Therefore, I definitely advise that even someone who loves/loved DECI DELA try before they buy BRYANT PARK.

To my nose, this is a high-quality raspberry-rhubarb-rose-chypre perfume. Yum.

Ein erster Farbenversuch für Fresh :)
by Beautycase
by Beautycase
by Sherapop
by Sherapop
by Jasmine87
by Jasmine87

Popular Bond No. 9

Chinatown by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Coney Island by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9 Wall Street by Bond No. 9 New York Amber by Bond No. 9 West Side by Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 So New York by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 High Line by Bond No. 9 Madison Soirée by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York by Bond No. 9 Hamptons by Bond No. 9