Fire Island 2006

Fire Island by Bond No. 9
Fire Island is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroliNeroli
White muskWhite musk
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
TuberoseTuberose

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.10.2021.

More soap than sunscreen
Bond No.9 is for me a very beautiful brand with a lot of charm. Here the brand often comes off very critical. Matter of taste. At these prices (100ml often around 300 euros) but you should also be rather critical. The good thing: You often get them for half in some shops. This one I also got extraordinarily cheap by Bond standards. I like the Beach collection from Bond. Besides this Fire Island I own the Shelter Island , which I love very much and wear extremely gladly. Maybe one or the other will follow? The Bonds are really very exquisite and you don't find them in every shop. Also testing is rather difficult.

"Fire Island is a barrier island in Suffolk County on the southern shore of Long Island in New York State. The scent of Fire Island evokes beach, summer, and classy sunscreen."
Found here under things to know on Parfumo. Is it really true? Does it smell like beach, summer and noble sunscreen?
A fragrance that you find rather less and is therefore difficult to test if you are not necessarily here in the souk on the road. A Blindbuy, because he was just really cheap to find and me the worth knowing text here has made curious. Especially sunscreen makes me really curious and I just love the smell.
The bottle is like any Bond, here with in beautiful summery orange with blue lid. On the picture here very gaudy, in real very mild and slightly transparent. An eye-catcher in any case.
Now again the question: Does it really smell like summer, beach and sunscreen? For me, only conditionally. He is never too heavy over the entire course and he goes already in the summer direction. Still, instead of sunscreen, it smells more like curd soap to me. This is probably due to the neroli-tuberose blend. If you're looking for that typical sunscreen scent, you won't find it here. Still, you can find a summery scent here with some good mood vibes. This soapy touch also gives this summery ozone scent a neat, classy and clean touch. In addition, there is a large dose of musk that keeps this quite unisex. After initially very strong soap touch, it becomes really nice soft and slightly salty.
Overall, a nice floral scent with great freshness. He pleases me quite well, even if you expect something else under sunscreen,beach and summer. Quite wrong in the summer he is not, on really hot summer days I would choose other fragrances. Especially after 1 hour you get a nice soft scent.
The performance is good, like most bonds. Good sillage and also the durability is quite good, especially for a summer-fresh fragrance.
Bond No.9 - a great brand with often uniquen fragrances. Also this one. With offers and discount promotions a nice choice
ItaloTedesco
"Does American sunscreen smell different?"
...Was pretty much the question that has been on my mind the most in my many test runs with this fragrance. But back to the beginning:
"Beach, summer and noble sunscreen" it says. I, meanwhile, have been searching for weeks for THE (sun)creamy summer fragrance that doesn't go too feminine, became aware of Fire Island through an influencer. I had the fragrance admittedly not at all on the screen. A little dazzled by the knowledgeable, I get me in the souk a bottling.
Then finally the first test: Sunscreen? Rather less. For neroli, musk and tuberose as the central fragrance actors in the whole course. Somehow it was not, it does not fit the image of "noble sunscreen". If I had to associate the fragrance with something holiday-like, then probably most likely with the smell that meets you when you first enter the freshly occupied and cleaned hotel room. Beach feeling I get there unfortunately not.

Likewise, the reactions to the fragrance were quite negative: There were two comparisons to cleaning products or room freshener for the toilet; my friend just contorted the face and said: "Feminine, but I do not like at all". Well, I didn't find it as bad as the cleaning products comparisons. In the room I have nevertheless sprayed the Fire Island and must admit: that again was not bad.

Final vote:
I had only one bottling, but if you look at the prices for the complete bottle, so the price-performance ratio is not understandable. Unfortunately, my expectations were not reached by far. Above all, it is m.E. not what you think it would be. I often doubted myself. Do I just not smell it? Do I have a wrong understanding of sunscreen - or much worse: What is it that you smell every summer? Is there something wrong with my nose? Or maybe American sunscreen just smells different....

sun worship
Fire Island by Bond no 9 has an implicit goal: to emulate a memory of euro-sun tan lotion. It succeeds. It’s funny that this scent memory can be generalized. Fire Island doesn’t smell like any particular brand of sun tan lotion, but on smelling it, I instantly recognized the qualities that make up the lotion notion.

For those too young to remember the days of fostering skin cancer skin cancer by laying in the sun and baking, Fire Island is a creamy, musky sweet floral of no particular consequence. But for us old folks, Fire Island is the second-hand smoke of the perfume industry. Aaahhhh, the good-old, bad-old days.

An interesting scent, full of allusions and triggers from a smart perfumer, Michael
Almairac.

from scenthurdle.com

Summer in a Bottle
Fire Island is one of those touch and go kind of fragrances. Some people screw their nose up at it and exclaim that it would be cheaper to buy suntan lotion or that it is just expensive coconut spray. However being a lover of Bond No.9 I have to give my opinion.

Yes it smells like suntan lotion but this is Bond No.9. A brand based on the Exclusivity of having their fragrances displayed proudly in your bedroom, I think this is the issue with Bond No.9. Its not so much a fragrance than it is a novelty and a true interpretation of one of my favourite places in the world. Fire Island could very well be the gay man of the fragrance world, with its notes and scent straddling the lines of femininity with a hint of masculine warmth and energy.

The tuberose in this scent drives me crazy, I absolutely adore it. With the Patchouli, Musk and Neroli all complimenting the fragrance beautifully. What I love about Fire island is how expensive this fragrance smells, it offers something similar but far more complex and wider ranged than the average bottle of suntan lotion. It offers a beautiful warmth and a comfort that I always long for when my feet touches down on the sand whenever i visit Fire Island.

Its a Beautiful Scent. The lasting power is fantastic, but give the scent a sniff before you consider buying it. Because you'll be forking out alot of money if you choose to buy this scent like i did- but as far as i'm concerned, its worth the money.

Coppertone or Bain de Soleil?
It is rare to find the near unanimity seen among sniffers of Bond no 9 FIRE ISLAND. It seems that everyone who has ever been to a beach agrees: this perfume is a suntan lotion facsimile. Whether this composition mimics Coppertone or Bain de Soleil—or perhaps a combination of the two—seems to be the only real dispute, at least as far as descriptive olfactory qualities are concerned.

What reviewers disagree radically about is whether capturing the smell of suntan lotion—whether Coppertone or Bain de Soleil—is something that any perfume should really be doing. I'm inclined to answer "no" to that question, not because it is somehow wrong aesthetically, but because it seems stupid to pay big niche bucks for something one can find in a homely little blob of sun protectant. Fortunately FIRE ISLAND does not remain purely a suntan lotion facsimile throughout the duration of its life on my skin. I find that the neroli and tuberose mingling together with the musk end up producing a not unlikeable perfume in the drydown. But I must say that I'd rather skip the suntan lotion opening and, in fact, when it's hot outside, tiny wafts of those top notes continue to emanate off my skin.

In the end, FIRE ISLAND strikes me more as a novelty scent than a perfume, when all is said and sniffed, along the lines of some of the more literal vacation-ready offerings from the house of Comptoir Sud Pacifique. I would not choose to wear FIRE ISLAND as a perfume during any season but summer, though I suppose that it might offer a therapeutic escape during the depths of winter, if one were holed up all alone in the midst of a snowstorm.

Syzygy73Syzygy73 4 years ago
Lots and lots of harsh medicinal tuberose in the opening. It softens a bit as the neroli emerges, but not enough to make me want to wear it.
TIA1971TIA1971 5 years ago
Grandma's bedroom: Freshly made bed, a touch 4711 in the air but where the spices come from? Hm...who cares ;-D

by Kirthi
by Vawallpa
by Nw1990
by Nw1990

Popular Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 Chinatown by Bond No. 9 New York Nights by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Dubai Gold by Bond No. 9 Lafayette Street by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 HTTP://WWW.BONDNO9.COM by Bond No. 9 TriBeCa by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York / Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York by Bond No. 9 New York Amber (Extrait de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 Lexington Avenue by Bond No. 9 Liberty Island by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Greenwich Village by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9