Harrods Rose (2010)

Harrods Rose by Bond No. 9
Compare Prices
Harrods Rose is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and was released in 2010. The scent is flowery-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesNarcissus
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette, Cashmere wood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.08.2014

Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Baby Pink Roses
Harrods Rose is most definitely for women. It's very fresh and feminine on my skin. Not entirely rose, (as there is a rather dominant tuberose accord throughout), but nevertheless a rich and somewhat exquisite floral composition.

The rose in this fragrance is clean, rather like the scent of an old-fashioned, rose scented bar of soap. There's a slight creaminess, which I believe is the tuberose shining through, and a hint of fruitiness too, perhaps the scent of pureed pears.

I find it elegant for the most part, but it does have this underlying sense of girlishness and frivolity. Despite the lack of fruits listed in the scent pyramid, Harrods Rose does have a fruity feel, which would certainly appeal to the younger generations. You could say that the bottle represents how this fragrance smells.

I personally prefer my roses much richer and deeper, however this lighter and crisper interpretation isn't necessarily disappointing. Ambrette, which is a note that I sometimes find difficult to love, creates this smooth muskiness from the heart onwards. The overall feeling that I get from smelling Harrods Rose, is that it's fun and it's meant to be enjoyed. Sweet pink roses, with musk, pear and tuberose, all combine to create a scent that is not sexy nor sophisticated, but has an undeniable girlish charm.

The lasting power is more than reasonable, lasting a good six or so hours. I was initially drawn in by the cutesy, baby pink coloured packaging, knowing full well that light rose scents aren't usually my thing. I am impressed, but admittedly not blown away. I will happily use up my sample, but I doubt I would give up my cold, hard cash to buy a full bottle.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
A London Rose
This is a fresh rose perfume ... easy to wear ... I get a little bit of creamy tuberose nicely blended in. Quite elegant as it dries down, yes, something sweet like honey is in there.

I am tempted to compare "Harrods Rose" with YSL "Paris" in its green and fresh impression. "Paris" seems to be a busier perfume and for lack of another word, more "salty".

Harrods is a big store in London, and probably "Harrods Rose" is supposed to be reminiscent of the many roses in London's public parks. When visiting long ago, I admired them and sniffed ...

This soft scent can easily be worn to work, lightly applied. A fresh lady-like aura ... fit for a Summer day.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Harrods Ambrette!
What sets HARRODS ROSE apart from the crowd is the hefty dose of ambrette, which to my nose actually ends up making this more of an ambrette than a floral perfume. There is an exotic feeling here, rather oriental, but not in any of the usual ways. No patchouli, no vanilla, no incense/oud, no culinary spices. What's more, to me this composition is not sweet at all. I detect no fruits whatsoever, just a huge helping of ambrette, along with a lovely bouquet of narcissus, rose, and tuberose. To my nose, the narcissus is by far the most dominant of the three floral notes.

I happen to love ambrette. Small wonder, then, that I love HARRODS ROSE! Although this comes in a gold-streaked light pink bottle and is marketed to women, my suspicion is that there are some gents out there who would appreciate this not-so-pink perfume very much. This is probably another case where the name builds up expectations, and people quite reasonably assume, "Oh, another rose perfume: pass." In fact, HARRODS ROSE is not a rose perfume—it's a hidden treasure!

Popular Bond No. 9

Chinatown by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Coney Island by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9 New York Amber by Bond No. 9 West Side by Bond No. 9 Wall Street by Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 So New York by Bond No. 9 High Line by Bond No. 9 Madison Soirée by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for Her by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York by Bond No. 9 Little Italy by Bond No. 9