High Line (2010)

High Line by Bond No. 9

High Line is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Grass, Ozone, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesHyacinth, Orange blossom, Rose, Tulip
Base Notes Base NotesOak, Musk, Sea moss, Teakwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2019

10.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Green-floral freshness
The Bond fragrances belong to the more unpopular labels here on Parfumo. Which I personally can't quite understand, but tastes are different. And nothing is as individual as perfume. Let's just leave it at that.

A few weeks ago I received High Line from Zauber600 in the course of an exchange of samples. With the Bond, I've already experienced several times that I didn't like them quite so much in the first test, but that they really did really well afterwards. So it is here. By the way, it reminds me a little of Be Delicious Fresh Blossom by DKNY, one of my personal favourite fragrances for 10 years, just a little bulkier and greener. In general, I think High Line is very green. Cool and green. Grass and hyacinth are the best things I can hand out, plus something stinky (ozone is supposed to be ozone, but is not as unpleasant as too much ozone in the air). For a moment I can see some sour-fruity rhubarb, but really only a hint of it. Nevertheless, I believe that this rhubarb note makes the fragrance more refreshing than if it were missing. It's a spring-fresh floweriness, not a heavy, stuffy one. How tulips smell now, or if at all, I cannot say. But tulips fit nicely into the picture which the fragrance conveys to me. Moss gives me a pleasant coolness and peace, while the vibrancy of the fragrance retreats over time and can only be perceived in the muted background. This is accompanied by a slight wood note. The durability is a good 6 hours, unfortunately the bonds on me do not last 10 hours as with others. But six hours is okay for me, too
It's a little hard to break the scent down into its components. And I don't really want to. High Line really brings across what the name promises: a park in the big city, cool and quiet, while the city in the background is still perceptible. At first lively, as if you had just entered it and with time calmer, cooler and shimmering. Now High Line is not a big park and also not what one imagines here so commonly under a park, but nevertheless it is a green oasis in the middle of New York. I only know him from pictures and will probably never come there myself, because I married into a family that is very shy to travel. And I really would have liked to have come to New York. :) But whatever, there's worse...

All in all I like High Line very much and I will continue to reach for the stars. *g*
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Candied plastic tulip meadow in Central Park
I bought a bottle of this one. Had enough time to test them and did. On the nice warm days, high line came to the skin. I don't really know what to think of the smell. I like it, yeah. But only occasionally. I couldn't wear it every day, there were days when he would have annoyed me, so that I left him lying beautifully to the left. Then there are moments again where I thought, 'phew... Horny thing'.

Describing fragrances is not yet my strength: it mainly smells synthetic green. Ozone? It's probably in there. I don't smell it consciously. It's getting flowery, too. Like a big tulip meadow in the middle of the city... And these flowers are candied... and plastic. Like a candied plastic tulip meadow in Central Park. Typical Bond DNA in green.
Maybe you can imagine something underneath. Not a buyer for me. I think I would never get a bottle empty, I think the scent can get annoying, it's just something for 'now and then'.
Still a fine candidate for the test.

Sillage is - as far as I can judge - quite good, the durability is neat. 5-6 hours may be more, depending on skin type and situation.

Hope I could help

by Nisie
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Bond No. 9

Chinatown by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Coney Island by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9 Wall Street by Bond No. 9 New York Amber by Bond No. 9 West Side by Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 So New York by Bond No. 9 High Line by Bond No. 9 Madison Soirée by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York by Bond No. 9 Hamptons by Bond No. 9