I Love New York for Marriage Equality (2012)

I Love New York for Marriage Equality by Bond No. 9

I Love New York for Marriage Equality is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Nutmeg, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cashmere wood, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.11.2019.

10.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

Cedar Perfection!
I have never found a cedar-based fragrance that is more perfect that this one. Other than the wood notes, the other notes enhance the cedar, not overwhelm it. Smells like I'm walking in a Midwestern forest in the summer. Generally I find Bond perfumes to smell too chemical, but I love this one.
5.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Overlaps with Andy Warhol...
My impression is that these I LOVE NEW YORK series perfumes from Bond no 9 are a product of modular perfuming, using building blocks from some of the other already launched perfumes. In the case of FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY, I'm catching some serious wafts of something like a pared-down version of ANDY WARHOL (the purple bottle with Warhol's image on it). So, yes, incense, purple plum, and various and sundry woody elements and other orientalia.

This smells pretty good. It is less fruity than ANDY WARHOL (no peach here), somewhat less rich (no labdanum, either) and I imagine that most people who buy this particular installment in the line-up are not going to be perfume connoisseurs and will have no experience with most, if any, of the perfumes from this house. No harm done, is my view on the matter. If Bond no 9 needs to come up with these sorts of gimmicks to stay solvent, then that's fine with me. The quality is still better than most mainstream designer flankers.

by Exciter76
by Exciter76
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Barker
by Barker

Popular Bond No. 9

Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 Chinatown by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Coney Island by Bond No. 9 New York Amber by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9 West Side by Bond No. 9 Wall Street by Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 High Line by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 So New York by Bond No. 9 Madison Soirée by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York by Bond No. 9 Hamptons by Bond No. 9