I Love New York for Mothers (2012)

I Love New York for Mothers by Bond No. 9

I Love New York for Mothers is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.07.2019

5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Coutureguru
Father's could pull this off too ...
I'm testing from a sample generously included in a package sent to me by the lovely Digindirt … thanks D :). I was quite surprised by my initial reaction … not being a big Bond No.9 fan I have to say that I really don't mind this fragrance in the least. It does, however, rankle in a few different ways.

Firstly, I find the name of this fragrance a little condescending … how is it possible to generalize motherhood? My mother is nearly 70, and when I held my arm out for her opinion on this one she screwed up her nose and said 'cat pee'. I admit that this is her usual expletive when she doesn't like a fragrance, but there it is. The general atmosphere I experience when pondering this house is one of exclusionary 'noveau riche-ness' … as if those of us who do not belong to the 'club' should be only too lucky to lay our noses on such fragrant beauty. But I digress …

I Love New York for Mothers is not a difficult fragrance to wear, and I would even go as far as saying that it is completely unisex a la CK One. There is no doubt in my mind that the Jasmine here is Hedione, the Musk Ambrettolide and the rest pretty much a huge dollop of Ambrox with some Norlimbanol thrown in for good measure. It's a chemical soup with a vague nod to 'soft flowers' while being quite clean and crisp … and relatively nondescript.
Innoffensive to say the least, this would probably do relatively well in perfume phobic environments or as a bedtime frag. Longevity here is only average so don't expect to smell it when you wake up.

I cannot damn this fragrance because I don't mind the way it smells. I'm sure there are many that like its abject normalcy. I also think it's a downright cheek to charge $175 for 100mls … but then quality versus price point has always been an issue for me with this house. Flower of Dubai by El Nabil (for example) smells very similar without all the chems, lasts longer and sells for less than a tenth of this.

I have yet to find a Bond No.9 that ticks all my boxes … it'll probably never happen, but that won't stop me trying :).
2.0/10

I Love New York for Mothers von Bond No. 9
this is simply horrible ,nothing interesting but soapy sweet synthetic flowers that give just headache
9.0/10

Tangerine Musk
This is my most mainstream-like wardrobe staple. Mothers is easy to wear and somewhat generic, but it happens to strike the right chord of citrus, sweet, floral and musk elements to please me on almost any morning. Virtually every time I wear it, my husbands remarks that I smell good.
5.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Perfume should smell good, and this does.
I was skeptical when I read "soft florals" on the manufacturer's card for Bond no 9 I LOVE NY FOR MOTHERS, but it smells mighty fine to me. I think that this entire series (this the fourth I've tested) does live up to its slogan "easy to love, easy to wear." In the case of MOTHERS, the tangerine accord is just delectable--similar in some ways to LITTLE ITALY, only in this case it's only half the story.

The other half is the floral bouquet, which to my nose is a great combination of not-too-intense white florals mixed with some freesia for balance. This stuff smells simply scrumptious. It does seem like a young fragrance to me, so perhaps it is best suited to young mothers? Or how about people who want a citrus floral with a yummy resinousness? Maybe I'll buy a bottle for myself and peel the label off...

Popular Bond No. 9

Chinatown by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Coney Island by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9 Wall Street by Bond No. 9 New York Amber by Bond No. 9 West Side by Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 So New York by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 High Line by Bond No. 9 Madison Soirée by Bond No. 9 Hamptons by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York by Bond No. 9