The Scent of Peace 2006 Eau de Parfum

The Scent of Peace (Eau de Parfum) by Bond No. 9
The Scent of Peace (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesHedioneHedione Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.03.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Eli78
I think I've hit the jackpot
I received a sample of this fragrance and fell in love immediately! Fresh and sweet at the same time! The shelf life is top! I ordered the flacon the next day and did not regret it! I very often get compliments when I wear this fragrance. It reminds me very much of Ruby lips by Salvador Dali, but its durability is much better and softer in its sound!
Duftomatisch
John Lennon would turn in his grave
Just applied to the skin in the Kaufhof.
Terrible.
I've been smelling it for three hours and it's not getting any better. Sweet, synthetic something that takes me way back in time. There I bought a Boss bottled Dupe for 4,99 Mark (!) on a wallpaper table placed in front of the actual sales area in the Globus (the department store still knows its value?).
Teeny sin.
The scent of peace plays in a league with drugstore scents - but the cheapest.
No wonder that thing goes away on e-bay for nuts.
No, it's really nothing for me and I hope it smells better on the skin of those who like it.
There's no world peace with that scent.

Lacks only in projection
The Scent of Peace sticks out amongst a sea of fruity florals. It's light, fresh and incredibly juicy. Black currant is probably my favorite fruity note, it's tart and always smells like it's just dripping with juiciness. That being said - Scent of Peace is the perfect fragrance for summer, when you want to feel fresh and keep cool. There's a breezy, airy quality there that just feels refreshing.

The Scent of Peace is a bit on the softer side - and didn't have much projection for me (which is a shame, considering the price). Lastly, the scent really matches its name. I can't imagine The Scent of Peace offending anyone, even the most scent-sensitive types.

Highly Weather Dependent--Lovely in the heat
My views on Bond no 9 THE SCENT OF PEACE have swung back and forth about three times now, so I am not at all surprised to see the ratings literally all over the map, ranging from detestation to true love.

When I first encountered this perfume, it seemed obviously to fall into the shampoo-conditioner category, which at the time I found merely amusing. It has become less amusing to me as the category has expanded and appears to be transforming people's very concept of what perfume even is. But I felt at that time that THE SCENT OF PEACE was a funny and enjoyable, certainly likable, scent, just not really a perfume.

Since then I had some sort of black currant awaking which involved me basically lusting after every single perfume featuring that note, and THE SCENT OF PEACE is one. As I revisited the perfume over and over again (having acquired a tester more for the bottle than the juice...), I discovered that I really loved the scent, which now belonged in the category of SSRI perfumes, also new to the 21st century. It's so bright and optimistic and cheery. It fits right in with Prozacoid Facebook. Disliking is strictly forbidden! Liking is fast and free!

My favorite time to wear THE SCENT OF PEACE is during the summer. For some reason the combination of grapefruit and black currant and what not expands into this gorgeously harmonious blend. I always wonder whether people around me agree, because it seems pretty clear that the sillage is huge in the heat.

What I have found in the frigid winter is that although the opening is still massively appealing to me, the drydown is much less so and starts to seem sticky a couple of hours into the wear. So sticky, in fact, that I start to think of the Elizabeth Arden sticky base used in Britney Spears BELIEVE and Badgley Mischka FLEURS DE NUIT and the Juicy Couture perfumes (except for PLJ).

So, in the end, I am forced to concede: everything you've heard and read about this perfume is true! I myself have covered the perceptual map on this creation in my various wearings and can only offer this piece of advice. This is one seriously mercurial scent, the complexity of which inheres more in its interactions with the wearer and the weather than in the composition itself, which is deceptively simple.

A Wonderful Interpretation of Peace
The scent of peace is one of the main reasons that I love Bond No.9 fragrances so much. What this fragrance adds despite all of its simplicity is nothing short of a beautiful and very evocative fragrance that takes a very bold and interesting approach to freshness and its best.

I always go for fragrances that have a creamy edge to it and The scent of Peace definetly has that. In fact it has alot of it, With the burst of grapefruit and the crushed juices of beautiful Blackcurrant, The Scent of Peace begins like something that could very easily be the base of a wonderful fragrant recipe.
Lily of the valley brings a floral elegance and grace to the fragrance while the Musk brings the dry-down into a sensual and very soft territory.

I must tell you, Go out and sniff this fragrance, don't worry about expensive it is, but at least sniff it and you'll know what I'm talking about. If you're like me and you end up buying it then good for you because you'll have invested money into a fragrance that will become a friend, and the best kinds of friends never ever bore you and they never go out of style. Thats what The scent of peace offers me. It offers me something Honest, Likeable and fresh amongst a sea of cloying and provocative scents that only exist to try and get me laid lol. But on a more serious note. TRY IT and see for yourself.

Peace + Love to Everyone.

Images

3 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 Lafayette Street by Bond No. 9 New York Nights by Bond No. 9 Chinatown (Eau de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Greenwich Village by Bond No. 9 Dubai Gold by Bond No. 9 TriBeCa by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 HTTP://WWW.BONDNO9.COM by Bond No. 9 New York Amber (Extrait de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York / Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 Lexington Avenue by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 Eau de New York by Bond No. 9