Wall Street 2004 Eau de Parfum

Wall Street (Eau de Parfum) by Bond No. 9
Wall Street (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

David Apel

Crambe CucumberCucumber LavenderLavender AmbergrisAmbergris VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.03.2022.

Smellavision
I am really on the fence with this one!
First I liked it a lot, a slightly salty ozonic calone aquatic with good projection. Then I got to smell my arm up close where the scent actually reminds me of fishy brine from a can - not something you'd want to smell like. So, in my opinion the trick is probably not to smell yourself up close, but just let it radiate. The notes are a mix of salty seaweed, calone, cucumber, ambergris and musk - quite strange, but somehow intriguing. It has some similarities to Sean John Unforgivable (also composed by David Apel?) and Creed Millesime Imperial, but with less of the orange and fruity notes. It comes off as quite linear wihtout any noticeable changes throughout the drydown.

Like most Bond scents this has great staying power, and is not easily washed off - will have to give thumbs up to Bond for consistency on the longevity of all their scents I've tried and also for naming this Wall Street (as in the geographical area surrounded by East River and Hudson river - not as in smelling like a banker).

Try before you buy.
We are graduating NOW!!
Phew, I have mentioned the scent as my "boss" with pleasure already the one or other time.
He is definitely nothing ordinary "because he is piercingly aggressive and needs getting used to", I can't describe him otherwise.

As I only know it from the Nasomatto house, from second one on, there is no symphony told here, but it's really kicked in.

It starts with a pungent citric orange treated with seawater. The whole thing reminds me very much of the salty lemons with orange aroma and green chords, which are highly appreciated in Morocco. A friend of mine gave me this bottle 2 years ago as a fun gift after graduation. You can be divided about the look like a woman, my European heart says "nice try" and my American heart says "right in your face".
The first two shots were so hard or heavy that I said NEVER AGAIN!!!
Tonight I'm testing it again and either I don't know any more inhibitions, have smelled more of the many perfumes available, or am becoming more and more unmainstreamed.

The fragrance begins with citrus and aquatic notes of an intensity that I have never smelled again, first negatively and then more and more positively.
It's a fragrance that makes you // You come into the room and say "Here I am"
With this fragrance you will ALWAYS be the centre of attention, both positively and negatively. And for this we do not need glands, skins, extracts, OUD or anything else. Very special.

The drydown is aquatic. Lasts 8-10 hours for me.

Smells American. Meaning after (I want more (Burger, Skyscraper, Money, Tits, and Easy Money.

Really nothing for everyone definitely NO CLEAN.

Rather the screaming trump under the flacons in the orange grove with good intentions ;)
BartS
You can also gamble with perfume...
because this bond is completely overpriced. Yes, I often pick on the prices of niche fragrances, but only when they don't do justice to the fragrance. Wall Street is not a bad fragrance and does not deserve this average score, but it is not better than Eternity Aqua or Ralph Lauren Blue and this cost only a quarter (even only a fifth) of the bond.

Very cucumber-heavy start with a certain freshness kick, similar to a shower gel or deodorant. This remains so, because the fragrance is quite linear without highs and lows. There's really nothing more to say. That doesn't hurt anybody, is very pleasant to smell, is easy to wear and that wars.

Anyone who wants to fork out the necessary Eurons for this should do so, but I will stay away from a purchase.

A Disaster for Wall Street
Whilst I love Bond No.9 and their fragrances and how they try to interpret different places creatively, I think Wall street is the most mis-matched and probably the worst fragrance to have come out of the Bond No.9 fragrance range. It just seems to miss the mark on everything for me, aside from its staying power which is excellent, but what is the point of good staying power when the initial fragrance just doesn't do it for you?

The initial hit of Cucumber was a huge surprise for me. It seems so out of place in this fragrance but then the fragrance becomes aquatic and it takes on a salty sort of smell, which borders on smelling like a Sushi Bento Box. All things which I would never have associated with Wall Street. When I walk through Wall Street I smell a Leathery, Smokey and Musky sort of aroma in the air. Wall Street smells of money, it makes money, it loses money and it smells of it. It smells of wealth and it smells of prosperity. Again, all things which the fragrance does not have.

Perhaps if Wall street was under water this fragrance would be perfect, and perhaps people who love very fresh, very aquatic kinds of fragrances will appreciate this, but I don't. It just doesn't smell right. It smells very incomplete and very rushed. The composition is just poor and the overall scent of the fragrance in reference to its inspiration just doesn't line up for me.

by Zauber600
by Zauber600
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa
by Barker
by Barker

Popular by Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 Lafayette Street by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 New York Nights by Bond No. 9 Chinatown (Eau de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 Greenwich Village by Bond No. 9 Dubai Gold by Bond No. 9 TriBeCa by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 HTTP://WWW.BONDNO9.COM by Bond No. 9 New York Amber (Extrait de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York / Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9 Lexington Avenue by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 Eau de New York by Bond No. 9