West Broadway 2003

West Broadway by Bond No. 9
West Broadway is a perfume by Bond No. 9 for women and men and was released in 2003. The scent is green-citrusy. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Robertet

Lime, Lily-of-the-valley, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.08.2020.

Refreshing Spicy Citrus Woody Fragrance
I may be the only person to say this, but to me Bond no 9 WEST BROADWAY really smacks of cardamom. Well, at least today it does! Yes, there is lime rind. Yes, there is cedarishness, and those notes provide the dominant character of this fragrance to my nose. Yet there is an unmistakable waft of spice, which I initially thought might be nutmeg. After putting nose to wrist many times now, I have convinced myself that it is cardamom, as I keep having vague flashbacks to Kenzo JUNGLE L'ELEPHANT, the reigning champion of cardamom-centric perfumes.

Do I like WEST BROADWAY? I have to say that I do. On some days, when I am more sensitive to the Bond woody base, this fragrance seems far more masculine than feminine, and even perhaps too masculine for me. On other days, the lime really sings. Today, in part because I am comparing this side-by-side to HAMPTONS, I am struck by the spiciness of WEST BROADWAY.

Interestingly enough, the first time I reviewed this creation, I thought that I smelled incense. I invariably find it spicy, but the mystery remains: what accounts for the spiciness? It's not maté, which is listed in the notes. Having spent some time in Argentina, where maté is the national beverage, I can assert ex cathedra that maté has a very bitter green smell, which I really do not detect here at all. This is not to my nose a bitter green composition.

In any case, overall, this is a refreshing scent, which I do recommend for testing by guys and gals alike. Obviously, if it smells so different every time I wear it, there is some complexity here, which I generally find to be a good thing in perfume. I have not seen very much commentary on this particular selection from the Bond no 9 line-up, and I'm not sure why except that it does fall into their large category of tweaked wood base fragrances. Probably no one really needs to have more than one of these, and many people complain that they all smell the same. This one does not, it seems to me, because of the unique combination of lime, linden, and, I believe, cardamom, which liven up the woody base quite a bit. I like it, despite its occasionally masculine-leaning tendencies.

by Zauber600
by Zauber600
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Bond No. 9

Andy Warhol by Bond No. 9 Shelter Island by Bond No. 9 Chinatown by Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 New Haarlem by Bond No. 9 New York Nights by Bond No. 9 Lexington Avenue by Bond No. 9 I Love New York for All by Bond No. 9 Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9 Success is the Essence of New York / Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York by Bond No. 9 Bryant Park by Bond No. 9 New York Amber (Extrait de Parfum) by Bond No. 9 Fire Island by Bond No. 9 New York Oud by Bond No. 9 Dubai Ruby by Bond No. 9 HTTP://WWW.BONDNO9.COM by Bond No. 9 Dubai Gold by Bond No. 9 Hamptons by Bond No. 9 Eau de Noho by Bond No. 9 The Scent of Peace for Him by Bond No. 9