Il Bacio (1993)Eau de Parfum

Il Bacio (Eau de Parfum) by Borghese
Compare Prices
Il Bacio (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Borghese for women and was released in 1993. The scent is flowery-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesMelon, Passion fruit, Peach, Plum
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood

Submitted by Lilith, last update on 23.07.2016

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10
Mature fruity floral
Take 5 plums & 2 peaches.
Mash them with amber & cream.
Warm it on medium heat.
Then pluck out 8 honeysuckles and add them to the creamy fruit compote.

Simple but delicious recipe for a refined, classic, sweet floral perfume. LOVE IT!
Scent 8.0/10
Fruity Kiss
This is how to make a fruity floral! The fruits are tart, juicy and literally make your mouth water. The florals elegant and well blended. Pretty, refreshing and very feminine.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
A Former Beau
I was completely obsessed with IL BACIO for about an entire year, about a decade ago. I doused myself with the stuff constantly and could never get enough. I remember at one point I was packing up to move to a new state, and I realized that I had managed to amass an entire bag of empty IL BACIO bottles! Only my extreme fanaticism can explain why I had not simply thrown them all out, as the least interesting aspect of IL BACIO is its bottle...

I hadn't worn IL BACIO for quite some time, but after an unfortunate testing experience I decided to set the Sugar Babies aside and take up this comfort scent and guilty pleasure again instead. Happily, it still seems nice to me, albeit not quite the same. Now I smell the flowers more, especially lily of the valley, and the composition seems less like a syrupy liqueur than it did back when I might have actually imbibed the liquid, so mesmerized was I under its spell. My bottles are now old, so they may have transformed since the days when I wore this perfume religiously...

No other perfume familiar to me has ever smelled anything like IL BACIO did in my past: a truly sui generis perfume bursting with sweetness but without any vanilla; bursting with both fruits and flowers and yet without being offensive; finishing in a deep ambery-musky-wood saturated with the fruity-floral aura.

Today I am happy to see the neat logical structure of the notes, though I do not believe that I perceive them in the tripartite division of flowers, followed by fruits, followed by amber-musk-wood. Perhaps my nose somehow understood intuitively that IL BACIO was a well-crafted creation.

Borghese makes excellent bath and body products, which I have used for many years. Why they continue to nearly pay people to take this elixir off their hands remains a mystery to me. It's so much nicer than the ridiculously low price would lead one to believe!

I should add, however, that I have heard rumors that it has been reformulated, in which case all bets (and the above comments) are off!
Scent 1.0/10
Sweet white floral
I've tried to love Il Bacio several times, but I can't. The combination of white florals & freesia just doesn't work. It seems cheap and unrefined to me, not to mention the headache that a sniff or two sets off.

Il Bacio is a full-bodied & complex fragrance, so I can understand why many people like this one. But for me, Il Bacio is the epitome of what's bad about many down market fragrances -- those cheap & sweet white floral accords which unfortunately sit at the top of this fragrance: Freesia, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, and Lily-of-the-valley.

White floral headache sufferers, you have been warned.

Popular Borghese

Il Bacio (Eau de Parfum) by Borghese Profumo di Montecatini by Borghese Il Bacio (Parfum) by Borghese Giardini di Montecatini XII by Borghese Di Borghese (Eau de Parfum) by Borghese La Carezza d'Amore by Borghese Andiamo by Borghese Fiamma by Borghese Ecco by Borghese Principe' by Borghese Di Borghese (Parfum) by Borghese