Acqua Classica 1880

Acqua Classica by Borsari 1870
Acqua Classica is a popular perfume by Borsari 1870 for men and was released in 1880. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
LimeLime
OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart NotesBasilBasil
RosemaryRosemary
Base Notes Base NotesIvyIvy
GingerGinger

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 19.11.2021.

5.5

Mid century fougere
Opens with a bitter petitgrain supported by a spicy lavender. Then it will slowly morph into a soapy Woody base with a noticeable presence of a stunning greenish oakmoss note. A work of art to say the least. Also what is most noteworthy is the duality I'll clean and skank here which I always appreciate, and I can a tribute to the generous quantity of the aforementioned labdanum and myrrh. It's spectacular and what draws me in more and more it lies close enough to the skin so that it isn't overbearing, but it definitely hums for a good while, creating hey both cozy and seductive aura. I we'll be reaching for this come autumn for cool nights when I want to be wrapped in a warm dry aromatic animalic embrace. I thank you! ;
Classic in my collection
This is one of those fragrances that have accompanied me for 25 years. At that time very intense, because great love, now more in the background, because Parfumo promiscuity. So he comes on days where I want to reminisce to use.
Originally, it was a matter of a miss test: I was on vacation in Sicily and wanted to test the newly released Aqua die Parma. In the perfumery, however, there was only this. Reluctant and disappointed, I sprayed on the Classica, as a consolation prize, so to speak, and wandered off. This magical water has not let me go, however, and so I am quite remorseful after half an hour back to the perfumery and bought it for me.
For the next 3 years (at least!), Aqua Classica was my year-round companion. Its wonderful balance of citrus, greenery and woods warmed me up in cold winters and cooled me down in hot summers. Of course, since it was only available in Italy, that meant increased travel there to maintain the supply chain...
Back then, the label was also more retro and playful than the one on the current fragrance photo. Meanwhile, the fragrance is apparently no longer in production. Too bad! Lovers of the genre could console themselves with Eau du Sud by Goutal but a little. I will use my bottle well-dosed and set on certain days on nostalgia.

ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 2 months ago
5.5
A classic Italian fragrance from waaaaaaaay back

Popular Borsari 1870

Assenzio by Borsari 1870 Lampone, Fior di Mielo e Semi di Cacao by Borsari 1870 Black Calla by Borsari 1870 Violetta di Parma by Borsari 1870 Mirra e Anice Stellato by Borsari 1870 Borsari Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Borsari 1870 Cuoio by Borsari 1870 Neroli, Bamboo e Fior di Loto by Borsari 1870 Boccioli d'Arancio e Zenzero by Borsari 1870 Bouquet di Violette by Borsari 1870 Acqua di Mughetti by Borsari 1870 Lavanda Alpina by Borsari 1870 Corteccia di Pino by Borsari 1870 Rosa e Pepe by Borsari 1870 Violetta Sensation d'Infini by Borsari 1870 Lemongrass e Cassis by Borsari 1870 Acqua di Rosa Thea by Borsari 1870 Floralia - Iris Imperiale by Borsari 1870 Violetta Classica by Borsari 1870 Vetiver by Borsari 1870