Musk Khabib 2019Extrait de Parfum

Musk Khabib (Extrait de Parfum) by Bortnikoff
Musk Khabib (Extrait de Parfum) is a new and limited perfume by Bortnikoff for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesYlang-ylang, Cedarwood, Tolu balm
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Deer musk, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Carlossp, last update on 18.07.2020.

The Brand got wings...
I really gave many tries to house "Bortnikoff" .

Quick overview of the brand(s):

Just like "Areej le Dore", "Bortnikoff" behaves as a master parfumeur. They claim that they use only natural ingredients, that "virgin" hands are collecting the flowers and fruits for the fragrance, 200 000 old fossils... Also, they claim that they use natural musk, as in the region where they work it is legal.

Review of the fragrance:

Okay, let me see the juice. First spray is gone after 1 hour (???) so I need to spray it again, now 4-5 times. It opens with a harsh ylang-lime accord, with a hot musky note - I don't know if this is real musk, or just an accord, but the blend has a nice wow effect.
A few minutes later as it is drying down, I can feel the citrus/lime accord which becomes quickly very prominent, but the vanilla and the tonka makes it smoother, much smoother but it is still prominent. I think the vanilla and the citrus notes makes this fragrance twisty. Smells really natural, except the citrus/lime note. It lingers in the air in the beginning, but this is not a projection monster. After an hour it becomes very very soft, almost a skin scent, now the only thing I can smell on my skin is the cedar and some floral notes.

My opinion after 2 days wearing of "Musk Khabib"

We use fragrances because we enjoy them. Nobody and nothing is perfect and every nose is different. Why are we not able to accept the critics? Honestly, my only real problem with this brand is the poor longevity and silage (beside the ugly marketing of the "virgin hands") for this price tag. I really do not care if it is all natural, or not, I will surely not pay this amount of money if the fragrance is so weak.
I am not even recommending to buy a decant, just try to smell it somewhere as decanters are also selling this for ridiculous price tag.

If you are a member of some FB groups, you probably noticed that lot of people sell their Bortnikoff after purchasing, full presentation bottles with 1-2 ml missing fragrance. I am asking: if this is so good, why? Why? I will tell you why. Because people are ashamed and not honest about this brand as they spent a fortune of money without sampling it, as the (paid) reviewers raise(d) this brand into the Heavens. Then comes the "Collaborator", and wherever someone lives a bad, or let's say honest/not nice review for this brand, he will post it immediately in his FB group, just to get 10-15 likes to see if there are still some "customers" who will support them.

Summary:

I had high expectations for this brand, but this was the biggest disappointment of 2020. The fragrance disappears on my skin after 2-3 hours, yes I can feel it on my skin, but maybe only from 20 cm. This is not a bad fragrance at all, but for me, this one is not worth the price tag.

Sorry for my honest thought members. But at the end of day it is all about my reputation.

Eastern Chipre
For me an absolute dream smell. I like chypre scents very much, my absolute favourite is Roja's Haut Luxe, which was a revelation for me after approaches to Mitsouko. With Mitsouko, the harsh oakmass/vetiver combo was just too harsh and intrusive for me. Roja has solved this theme in Haute Luxe incomparably well. But we are not here with Roja. Nevertheless, it is not by chance that I mention this here. Both fragrances belong to the Chipre genre and have overlaps in the core notes through the congruent framework of bergamot, ylang-ylang and oakmoss. At the base, there is the additional similarity via vanilla (khabib) and vanilla-like notes (roja). In this respect I was very excited to get to know Khabib.

Khabib sounds Arabic but is a Russian first name, also called Chabib. I could not find any direct background to a direct name giver on the internet after my research. The only clue comes from a completely different corner. However, I can hardly believe that the perfume is possibly dedicated to the Russian MMA fighter and undefeated world champion in his class Chabib Abdulmanapowitsch Nurmagomedow :-) If someone knows something concrete, I would be grateful for a comment.

Back to the scent. After a citric-floral opening from the perfect fusion of bergamot and ylang-ylang, the journey slowly moves into an incredibly heavenly dry-down of the highest order, which can only be explained by distinctive perfume art and top-class ingredients. Of course, Roja also claims this for herself, but here I think she has succeeded even better. The interplay of ambergris, natural musk in combination with vetiver and oakmoss is at its finest, creating an unprecedented long-lasting concert of these notes. The deer musk is by no means animalistic but supports the overall composition in an inimitable way. Once again it becomes clear how important the best ingredients are. In this quest Bortnikoff and Roja fight for the crown. Bortnikoff attacks Roja in his Home Turf, the chypresegment and wins for me on points ... this time :-)

Gentle Musk
Musk Khabib was actually a blind spot on my Bortnikoff list. I had faded out the scent, because I assumed, somehow, the legally obtained, genuine deer musk, as with Areej le Dore, would eventually become too much for me. Please don't get me wrong. As an animalic reference one should surely have smelled the Siberian deer musck , e.g. in Russian Musk. But for a fragrance on a daily use, it was simply "too much" for me.

Dmitry suggested from a gut feeling to include a sample of Musk Khabib in one of my last orders. He had a damn good gut feeling there. (Thank you!)

So Musk Khabib starts with a slightly bitter oak moss note and some perceptible wood. The short fizzy vanilla and tonka hides immediately in the background and will contribute from now on with the ambergris a sensual, almost boozy chord combination.

The white pedals of ylang ylang lay themselves like a translucent veil over all these notes and give everything a slightly floating nuance.

But where exactly is the eponymous musk?

And here, again, the class of the fragrance shows itself. Thus Dmity has managed to weave the musk chords with white flowers and above all in sensual dance of tonka and vanilla.
To give you the musk a new home.

The fragrance is not exuberantly sweet, but rather a warm, pleasurable whisper on the skin. He has unbelievable strength, endurance and projection and yet is almost tender and surrounds me with an aura in which I feel comfortable.

As the hours of the day go by.
Without any brutal musk animalics.
And fine lines of sensuality.

Popular Bortnikoff

Oud Monarch (Eau de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Amber Cologne by Bortnikoff L'Heure Exquise (2018) by Bortnikoff Mysterious Oud (Extrait de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Musk Cologne by Bortnikoff Coup de Foudre (Extrait de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Sir Winston (Extrait de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Oud Maximus by Bortnikoff Vétiver Nocturne (Extrait de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Zemfira (Extrait de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Triad by Bortnikoff Symphonie de Néroli by Bortnikoff Bonheur by Bortnikoff Sayat Nova (Extrait de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Vétiver Nocturne Absolu by Bortnikoff Coup de Foudre (Eau de Parfum) by Bortnikoff Oud Maximus Autumn '19 by Bortnikoff Oud Sinharaja by Bortnikoff Moss Cologne by Bortnikoff Vesna Cologne by Bortnikoff