Bottega Veneta (2011) Eau de Parfum

Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Bottega Veneta for women and was released in 2011. The scent is leathery-powdery. It is being marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Jasmine, Plum
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Leather, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.07.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum
Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum probably comes across as somewhat of an oddity in the world invaded by a plague of cloying pinkish compote waters. My guess is the younger crowd will wrinkle their noses after smelling a perfume like Bottega Veneta, which, to be honest, does not bother me at all.

Despite not being groundbreaking or trend-setting, to me, Bottega Veneta EdP is a unique fragrant composition. I'm not going to attempt to describe its effect on me since I would be forced to resort to such cliched adjectives as "modern (with a classic twist)", "gentle", "sophisticated", "classy", "elegant", to name just a few. Bottega Veneta EdP IS all this and so much more. Even though it's been composed of run-of-the-mill notes, they're blended exquisitely. The scent starts off fresh and slightly spicy-citrusy. Then it moves to its floral-fruity heart (courtesy of jasmine, violet and plum), and signs off with oak moss and patchouli. The heart and base notes create a very pleasant rendition of leather, thanks to which on my skin, BV turns into a delicate and alluring skin scent. A considerable number of fellow perfumistas have commented on the unisex nature of this fragrance. In my opinion, a man can pull it off with the proviso that he's not put off by BV's head and heart which do lean more towards the feminine side. However, the reward in the form of the heavenly drydown is well worth the risk.

Bottega Veneta EdP is pure delight and one of the best mainstream feminine perfumes out there at the moment.
5.0 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

An Ode to Suede
Less complex, non heady, suede, kinda wet yet smooth. Erotic, sensual and magnetic. Projection is average while longevity (close to skin stage is amazing) is fantastic, even on clothes. From cold evenings, fall, winter and rainy days (as good as NR for Men) this will rock. As per compliments, men and women gave high remarks. The scent is unique, the occasions to wear it varies depending on the number of sprays. From formal, date, intimate moments, work and even outdoors. When it's windy, it captures the attention in a very good way just like Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man. I wear frags whether for men or women and BV played good on my skin. The harmony between patchouli and leather with some pepper vibe up to the heart and a bit of oakmoss to complete this wonderful music in the air is simply comforting, charming and sensual. I detect no milky, metallic or animalic smell on it. Let me get it straight, if this smells awful on me, why would three of my girl friends wants to buy this from me? It happened at my old job, Christmas dinner and new job. Last Valentine's day, another brunette friend asked me if she can come to my place and choose her night perfume before we attended a party. She picked this, four sprays and she earned many beautiful comments from both men and women. BV matched our skins. I decided to decant some for her. Try if it works on you.

Fantastic!
Bottega Veneta EDP opens with a fantastic, sharp, simple yet powerful and distinctive powdery-earthy blend, with a zesty bergamot note (which will be gone in seconds), juicy red pepper, patchouli, oakmoss and a vibrant yet tamed-down jasmine note, all surrounded by a light shade of leather and “reinforced” by aldehydes which also provide a sort of classic allure to the composition. The texture is really peculiar, as it smells at the same time cristalline, clean and vibrant yet thick, somehow “grayish” and dense: an elegant, powdery, talc white-floral accord beautiful sustained by dark, earthy and rooty notes of moss and patchouli, which smell at the same time dirty and perfectly restrained – so don’t expect anything realistic, raw or exotic: the inspiration is quite “glossy” and French in my opinion. Finally I smell a sort of mineral-salty feel which seems arising from the base earthy-mossiness, blending with aldehydes and the floral-indolic feel of jasmine. On the drydown it becomes increasingly less sweet and talc, and more herbal-mossy, but always extremely gentle and sophisticated. There is a genius and really well executed harmony going on between the powdery plushiness and the almost-indolic earthiness of the base notes, which makes Bottega Veneta smell incredibly good, refined and unique. Plus, don’t be “fooled” by the pyramid, as all notes smell quite unusual to me if compared to how they usually smell – not sure whether it’s because of the good quality of materials, or Almairac’s talent, but I had quite a hard time in “detecting” them – I expected something quite different, while here they all smell different than usual, in a totally good way. Bottega Veneta EDP is elegant and versatile, but peculiar and quite memorable: it’s a sort of half white/pink, half greyish/earthy fragrance, with nice shades and a gentle feel of pastel grace beautiful dirtened by darker notes. All, as I said, created with great and bright creativity. Worthy a try (or even a blind buy, as it is not that expensive).

7,5-8/10

Woaaaaa!
Didn't have big expectations about this one. But... what a pleasant surprise. One of my best non-niche acquisitions. Not a fan of leather but was so carefully created that I felt in love :D

7.5 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Flore
In love with this beautiful fragrance;
When I wear this fragrance I get so many compliments, from both men and women. This fragrance is so chic and class, but also sexy. It is an elegant chypre. The suede / leather note makes this scent so special. I have many scents but this is my signature scent forever. The pity is that the smell does not stay as long overhangs and therefore use the body products but then you smell divine. This is clearly a unisex fragrance.
10.0 7.5 9.0/10

Sweetgrass
Is that really oakmoss???
The opening of this fragrance is, hands down, among the very best I have smelled so far during my short time as a perfume enthusiast. I do not get a jasmine overload (still an Alien girl), nor is this plainly a woody violet for me. Goes to show how different our noses are!

What I DO get is a classy, subdued yet complex and soooooo alluring spicy-woody and just little bit of floral opening & heart with undertones of the developing leather; on my skin BV dries down (a bit too quickly, for which I docked half a star) to a somewhat pungent mossy leather. Those dry notes stuck to my skin for 12 hours after spraying. I am not a fan of the pungency; however this is a superb fragrance in my book, and quickly becoming my shape-up-and-get-stuff-done perfume. I may have to write to Santa or forego a few restaurant lunches, but either way I need this in my cabinet, and my sample won't last forever.

In short, I love it, and definitely think it's worth a try especially if you're into leather fragrances. Give BV a little bit of time to open up, though: it won't yield all of its glory at first spray.
10.0/10

A Leather find
I'm a Leather fiend... when it comes to scents
and this one is a stand out.

This is my fave latest find.
A refined and elegant fragrance...!
Its been refer to as a GENTLE LEATHER!
Due impart to its mysterious powdery ..smoky feel
A classy leather,is always a Unisex scent
in my book.

I got compliments on my fragrance today while walking my dog... now who can say that's not a delight.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

What? Another Woody Violet????
My beautiful Neiman Marcus Scent Event bag arrived today. What a coup. Unlike the Sephora promos, this one contained a large proportion of fragrances never tested by me and which I have been wanting to try. Top of the list? You guessed it: BOTTEGA VENETA.

The hype over this launch has been so overwhelming that I came dangerously close to buying a bottle of this perfume blind--perhaps even as a qualifying purchase for the scent event! Fortunately, rationality prevailed, and I restrained myself, despite the fact that I had fallen in love at first sight with the bottle...

To my great surprise, BOTTEGA VENETA turns out to be a close olfactory neighbor to a number of recent--and equally hyped--perfumes, including Balenciaga PARIS and Tom Ford VIOLET BLONDE. Yes, to my nose, BOTTEGA VENETA falls squarely into the woody violet camp!

Before you accuse me of being anosmic or ignorant or crazy--or some combination of the three--please be aware that listed among the ingredients of this perfume is none other than that word so dear to me, 'ionone', which as a matter of fact is used in perfumery to impart the violet scent so beloved to violet aficionados! Indeed, it is the fourth listed ingredient, which means that it is present in substantial concentration!!!!

So, no, I am not imagining the woody violet demeanor of BOTTEGA VENETA. Marketing hype be damned, to my nose this is a woody violet perfume, not a leather, not a jasmine, and certainly nothing new. As a certified violet 'ho', I'll definitely consider adding this perfume to my collection later on down the line, but there is no way that I would pay the current MSRP.
7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Cool understatement pleasingly?
Today sluggishly I wear a simple puristic outfit.
Today does not feel me on flattering or ferment Cuddle.
Today every too much said word is a torture for my ears and my mind.
Today the air is so clear outdoors that I can look from the spire about the whole country.
Today there sounds Chopin from the Cd-player.
Today it may be a Martini Sec.
Today my thoughts are free and razor-sharp.
Today feels me confidently and taff.
Today I embody a femininity which signals a track chilly elegance.
Today you know that I am not put on to the play.
Today wraps up me a tender-harsh breath which looks so unapproachable that it draws you only more to me.
Today you long to break the ice and to crack my bowl.
Today I am so close to you and, nevertheless, by this opaque spicy curtain before you am hidden.
Today sluggishly I wear Bottega Veneta.
You open your hand and from her a ring flashes out, of chill platinum with a softly gleaming pearl.....
this fits..... Today!

~
Result:
Quite honestly I have difficulties to describe this scent appropriately! I clearly perceive jasmine, pepper, patchouli and leather. The whole has a slightly medically chill, creamy puder aura. In the base a pleasant suede mark develops. It is no scent which I would often carry, however, I find it in his chilly kind absolutely noble!!!!

By the way, it is produced by no one else as the known American enterprise of Coty....
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Soft, feminine leather
Bottega Veneta is possibly one of the more interesting new releases of the last six months. I read a lot of reviews prior to testing this fragrance and the consensus seemed to be that it was a rich, leathery fragrance being rather elegant and sophisticated in style. Nobody mentioned its freshness nor its subtlety.

The leather is certainly there, but it is less pronounced than say Bandit or Cabochard. I sense more in the way of patchouli and pink pepper, with a splash of citrusy freshness. Bottega Veneta is not a Summer scent, but I'd definitely recommend it for Spring.

The scent overall is very feminine despite its rich earthiness and the smooth leather accord. The jasmine is only very subtle, showing up every now and then to subdue the pink pepper note and remind you that this fragrance can indeed be pretty.

This fragrance, in my opinion is not sensual nor overly captivating, but it is quite serene. I personally like the way it sits on my skin; so very natural and quiet.

Bottega Veneta is a fairly intimate fragrance, also one that could be worn to almost any occasion. The longevity is wonderful despite its subtlety, and you're sure to find yourself fascinated by Bottega Veneta's complexity.

I truly hope that this brand continues to produce fragrances like this in the future, so my opinion never changes.
5.0 2.5 5.0 7.0/10

Smooth, subtle leather
This is a perfect example of Michel Almairac's knack for putting together perfumes that leave a trace in your memory. "Bottega Veneta" is one of the best fragrances released by Coty in 2011, probably the very best. This lovely contemporary chypre is based on plum and leather - and - I don't know how they did it - oakmoss. I love the woody-leathery notes in the background, everything is very subtle, almost "pastel". At a distance, this scent gives a nostalgic impression of something you seem to know from the past, up close it is a touch smoother and cleaner than all the other leathery chypres, but this is why I like it so much. Only drawback: Poor staying-power. Nevertheless excellent.

Lillibet 17 months ago
A plush stylish suedey leather with a generous note of slightly spiced apricot jam and a slick powdery finish.+5
07012000 2 years ago
The perfect powdery-leathery perfume for day/night!It is so easy and elegant at the same time!!Just perfect!!+3

by Irini
by MadameB
by Savanoja
by Savanoja

Popular Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Knot by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Légère by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Extrême by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau de Velours by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Sensuelle by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano IV: Azalea by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Parfum by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano II: Cipresso by Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Florale by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano III: Pera by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano I: Magnolia by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano V: Lauro by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano VII: Lillà by Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta