Bottega Veneta (2011)Eau de Parfum

Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Bottega Veneta for women and was released in 2011. The scent is leathery-powdery. It is being marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Jasmine, Plum
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Leather, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.07.2020.

3.5
Eaumygosh
If it wasn't for that plum..
Fragrances are like dishes - it all depends on the personal taste. Even a perfectly cooked piece of meat, which has been wetted with a delicate and perfectly balanced sauce, does not have to taste good - even if there is nothing to complain about in terms of craftsmanship.

Why do I bring this up? Because that's how I feel about this smell. I find it special, well done - but it is simply not my cup of tea.

"Bottega Venneta" starts off leathery and spicy. The scent of fine leather and unsweetened black and green tea plays around my nose. The plum quickly joins in - fruity-sweet and slightly sour, it even appears quite dominant in the top note, at least on my skin. It is the culprit, the note that I dislike so much and that triggers a rumbling inside me that is on the verge of nausea. The combination of spicy leather and the sweet and sour fruit is absolutely not my cup of tea. It triggers the association in me that a tetra pack of juice has leaked in a new leather handbag. The scent that streams into your nose when after 2/3 hours you have finally noticed the mkss skill and open the bag.

After about 1 hour the plum note recedes more into the background. What remains are the fine leather and the finely spicy and unsweet tea notes. To me the fragrance seems very distant and cool. It fits to self-confident ladies who have an elegant and straightforward style. A fragrance to go with a trouser suit. Absolutely nothing for me, but well done by hand. The Sillage is perceptible without being room filling.

I find the scent very interesting, but it is simply not mine. While I do have something to gain from the fine-spicy and feminine leather scent, even if I wouldn't wear it myself, it's the plum that makes it unbearable for me. The first hour costs me too much effort. A pity,
FlirtyFlower
The exorcist of the past
Another stroke of fate. No way out again. Again her stupidity, which life should not forgive her.

But today, today was the day. The day she wanted to leave the past behind.

But the pain, he drove her to the True with the old memories.

But when she opens it, she perceives the fragrance, a scent of vintage, a scent of chypre and a beautiful powdery texture. And also the small scented pillows, which were supposed to protect the old religions from a long time ago by the moth balls.

It was as if a whole life was in that box, a life that no longer belonged to it. An old leather jacket with a scarf snuggled against it. The smell of an expensive cream. Nice, just nice
But it was over. She added her old favorite powder. This one, where she always felt so perfectly made up.

Just like the old year, she wanted to leave the pain behind. The past, the injustice, all that had made her small, all that had condemned her. All those people who won by arrogance and not by true inner strength
This decision was forever
She closed the chest. She stood up and faced the mirror. She was ready to finally show the world her true face.

EPILOGUE
I wish each and every one of you in the New Year to have the strength every day to go through everything that is coming. Whether it's illness, loss or a bad day. Never allow a deep-seated pain to change your true self. And as it should be, I can only say, remain yourselves, all others are already forgiven. Your flirty

"No matter how dark your night,
may you always find enough
light to take the next step."

John Mark Green
No mainstream
No, not everyone likes this beautiful water... but you don't have to. This fragrance needs the right person for it. It's definitely not suitable for teenagers and young women. It stands out pleasantly from the rest. Spice and earthiness meet woods and leather. Something magical is attached to him.
One must give it time to develop. I like to wear it in the colder months, as it is a little heavy and melancholic. But then he conjures up an incredibly beautiful fragrance
The shared pleasure:-))!!
Pleasure is luxury and some of it is not free!
Well, it's nice to have two of you and
The scent genes are similarly designed!
There you can also have a special occasion a
Share the fragrance, say the cost!
Whoo, great scent moves in, for half rent :-))
My gene relatives in the north
I sent it to the South !
A dance of joy stood at this
wonderful, fragrant dream.
The North was not so convinced in the beginning..of the artistic brilliance.
I in the south was equal to fire and flame!
A scent that snuggled around me like my seat leather in
Cabrio of my Crysler .
Dreamlike this temperament ... of which the south has a little more of its own than the north, which goes a little cooler to some things...grins, therefore also the somewhat hesitant action of the buyer;-)
The south was flashed the same way and the addictive perfume did its job.
The room-grasping, exquisite fragrance
rather a harsh,soft,creamy flatterer.
The birch tar with spices and especially the plums brought my senses to
hyperventilate!
The senses joined together in a shout of joy < br /> This is a hell of a quitter's plant ........for the north and south!

The other points of the compass may be
also a little bit ... ventilate...:-))

Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum
Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum probably comes across as somewhat of an oddity in the world invaded by a plague of cloying pinkish compote waters. My guess is the younger crowd will wrinkle their noses after smelling a perfume like Bottega Veneta, which, to be honest, does not bother me at all.

Despite not being groundbreaking or trend-setting, to me, Bottega Veneta EdP is a unique fragrant composition. I'm not going to attempt to describe its effect on me since I would be forced to resort to such cliched adjectives as "modern (with a classic twist)", "gentle", "sophisticated", "classy", "elegant", to name just a few. Bottega Veneta EdP IS all this and so much more. Even though it's been composed of run-of-the-mill notes, they're blended exquisitely. The scent starts off fresh and slightly spicy-citrusy. Then it moves to its floral-fruity heart (courtesy of jasmine, violet and plum), and signs off with oak moss and patchouli. The heart and base notes create a very pleasant rendition of leather, thanks to which on my skin, BV turns into a delicate and alluring skin scent. A considerable number of fellow perfumistas have commented on the unisex nature of this fragrance. In my opinion, a man can pull it off with the proviso that he's not put off by BV's head and heart which do lean more towards the feminine side. However, the reward in the form of the heavenly drydown is well worth the risk.

Bottega Veneta EdP is pure delight and one of the best mainstream feminine perfumes out there at the moment.

An Ode to Suede
Less complex, non heady, suede, kinda wet yet smooth. Erotic, sensual and magnetic. Projection is average while longevity (close to skin stage is amazing) is fantastic, even on clothes. From cold evenings, fall, winter and rainy days (as good as NR for Men) this will rock. As per compliments, men and women gave high remarks. The scent is unique, the occasions to wear it varies depending on the number of sprays. From formal, date, intimate moments, work and even outdoors. When it's windy, it captures the attention in a very good way just like Paco Rabanne Ultrared Man. I wear frags whether for men or women and BV played good on my skin. The harmony between patchouli and leather with some pepper vibe up to the heart and a bit of oakmoss to complete this wonderful music in the air is simply comforting, charming and sensual. I detect no milky, metallic or animalic smell on it. Let me get it straight, if this smells awful on me, why would three of my girl friends wants to buy this from me? It happened at my old job, Christmas dinner and new job. Last Valentine's day, another brunette friend asked me if she can come to my place and choose her night perfume before we attended a party. She picked this, four sprays and she earned many beautiful comments from both men and women. BV matched our skins. I decided to decant some for her. Try if it works on you.

Fantastic!
Bottega Veneta EDP opens with a fantastic, sharp, simple yet powerful and distinctive powdery-earthy blend, with a zesty bergamot note (which will be gone in seconds), juicy red pepper, patchouli, oakmoss and a vibrant yet tamed-down jasmine note, all surrounded by a light shade of leather and “reinforced” by aldehydes which also provide a sort of classic allure to the composition. The texture is really peculiar, as it smells at the same time cristalline, clean and vibrant yet thick, somehow “grayish” and dense: an elegant, powdery, talc white-floral accord beautiful sustained by dark, earthy and rooty notes of moss and patchouli, which smell at the same time dirty and perfectly restrained – so don’t expect anything realistic, raw or exotic: the inspiration is quite “glossy” and French in my opinion. Finally I smell a sort of mineral-salty feel which seems arising from the base earthy-mossiness, blending with aldehydes and the floral-indolic feel of jasmine. On the drydown it becomes increasingly less sweet and talc, and more herbal-mossy, but always extremely gentle and sophisticated. There is a genius and really well executed harmony going on between the powdery plushiness and the almost-indolic earthiness of the base notes, which makes Bottega Veneta smell incredibly good, refined and unique. Plus, don’t be “fooled” by the pyramid, as all notes smell quite unusual to me if compared to how they usually smell – not sure whether it’s because of the good quality of materials, or Almairac’s talent, but I had quite a hard time in “detecting” them – I expected something quite different, while here they all smell different than usual, in a totally good way. Bottega Veneta EDP is elegant and versatile, but peculiar and quite memorable: it’s a sort of half white/pink, half greyish/earthy fragrance, with nice shades and a gentle feel of pastel grace beautiful dirtened by darker notes. All, as I said, created with great and bright creativity. Worthy a try (or even a blind buy, as it is not that expensive).

7,5-8/10

Woaaaaa!
Didn't have big expectations about this one. But... what a pleasant surprise. One of my best non-niche acquisitions. Not a fan of leather but was so carefully created that I felt in love :D

Flore
In love with this beautiful fragrance;
When I wear this fragrance I get so many compliments, from both men and women. This fragrance is so chic and class, but also sexy. It is an elegant chypre. The suede / leather note makes this scent so special. I have many scents but this is my signature scent forever. The pity is that the smell does not stay as long overhangs and therefore use the body products but then you smell divine. This is clearly a unisex fragrance.

Sweetgrass
Is that really oakmoss???
The opening of this fragrance is, hands down, among the very best I have smelled so far during my short time as a perfume enthusiast. I do not get a jasmine overload (still an Alien girl), nor is this plainly a woody violet for me. Goes to show how different our noses are!

What I DO get is a classy, subdued yet complex and soooooo alluring spicy-woody and just little bit of floral opening & heart with undertones of the developing leather; on my skin BV dries down (a bit too quickly, for which I docked half a star) to a somewhat pungent mossy leather. Those dry notes stuck to my skin for 12 hours after spraying. I am not a fan of the pungency; however this is a superb fragrance in my book, and quickly becoming my shape-up-and-get-stuff-done perfume. I may have to write to Santa or forego a few restaurant lunches, but either way I need this in my cabinet, and my sample won't last forever.

In short, I love it, and definitely think it's worth a try especially if you're into leather fragrances. Give BV a little bit of time to open up, though: it won't yield all of its glory at first spray.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 9 months ago
Minimal but classy, it's a perfect 4seasons daily scent with a discrete sillage .not so longlasting for its high price
LillibetLillibet 2 years ago
A plush stylish suedey leather with a generous note of slightly spiced apricot jam and a slick powdery finish.
0701200007012000 3 years ago
The perfect powdery-leathery perfume for day/night!It is so easy and elegant at the same time!!Just perfect!!

by Entenradio
by MadameB
by Savanoja
by Savanoja

Popular Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta Eau de Velours by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Parfum by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano V: Lauro by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Légère by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano II: Cipresso by Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano IV: Azalea by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Extrême by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano I: Magnolia by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano XIII: Quadrifoglio by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Knot by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Sensuelle by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano III: Pera by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano VII: Lillà by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano XV: Salvia Blu by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano XIV: Melagrana by Bottega Veneta