Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique (2014)

Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique is a popular perfume by Bottega Veneta for women and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is still in production.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite rose, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 15.06.2019

MossGreen
The monster in the closet
"Pooh... that smells like my mother's closet! What kind of Hippiemurks is that then?" were the first, quite unprofessional words, you slipped me, before I knew it, after the first sprayer on my wrist.
"Have you bought incense again? You know that I can't stand it," it sounded at me not two minutes later, reproachfully and no less unimpressed, from the hallway.
I answered "Banause" matt...I didn't have anything to say against it, and I wasn't allowed to award justice to my dearest husband in this context, that would only encourage him to further unqualified and unsolicited comments in the future.

But I didn't want to give up too quickly. This seemed to be quite a popular fragrance in my memory and although it rarely influences me, as everyone has their own subjective perception, I decided to get to the bottom of this good evaluation and to analyse the fragrance without any bias Why do I have to think about my mother? The lady is an enthusiastic and regular Ebay buyer of "authentic and natural" fragrance oil extracts from all Culeur, but preferably sandalwood and patchouli.
A greyish, sticky dark brown mass in small, kitschy bottles, freshly applied to the wearer (and the whole environment) and long after put into a state which I can benevolently call mental derangement with slight shortness of breath Combined with various incense cones from strange Christmas market stalls and cute "fragrant" rosewood balls, a cacophony exudes from her wardrobe that occasionally makes the senses stagger.
So where are the parallels here? I concentrate and can clearly perceive sandalwood and rose, interwoven, spanned (or rather crowned?) by a spice, which I cannot assign, since I have dealt with it so far still little.
Meanwhile, since the wummsige and associationsverleidette start something has calmed down, I feel this smell as quite pleasant, slightly sharp-spicy and for my feeling somewhat heavy Even beautiful...if that's the smell of a hippie shop, then that of a high-quality boutique with goods made of sustainably grown linen and hemp, of course vegan, in which I would have to pay the entire next month's rent for a scarf.
In the course of time it gets warmer and woodier and I like it better and better.
I find it difficult to estimate the shelf life because the last days I tested the fragrance were very hard physical work and the results were probably falsified, but under these conditions he kept to me for a good six hours.

I will keep my bottling and certainly turn to this fragrance even more often, because it somehow appeals to me and is interesting.

I wouldn't call him fresh at all, by the way.
5.0 2.5 2.5 7.0/10

Discreet and refined
The original Bottega Veneta is one of my favourite mainstream fragrances of the last years. This new, extremely light interpretation is a beautiful and aromatic mélange of fresh bergamot and coriander, subtle rose and patchouli (yes, there is such a thing as a low-key-patchouli note in this scent) resting on a base of languid tonka bean and vanilla plus a dash of sandalwood. It does disappear quickly on my skin (after 1 h), but I know it is an Eau de Cologne, so I shouldn't complain. Difficult, given the high price...

No leather in this one, by the way, at least I can't smell any. I still prefer the original EdP, but if you're looking for a much lighter and more summery version of "Bottega Veneta", you might want to give "Essence Aromatique" a try. As I said before, the so-called "Essence" is so light you can drench yourself in it without annoying your colleagues. This new EdC is ideal for people of elegant calm and natural poise. Discreet and stylish.

Cindyrella 4 years ago

by MrNiceGuy
by Tusnelda
by Tusnelda

Popular Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Knot by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Extrême by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Légère by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau de Velours by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano IV: Azalea by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Sensuelle by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Parfum by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano II: Cipresso by Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Florale by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano III: Pera by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano I: Magnolia by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano VII: Lillà by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano V: Lauro by Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue by Bottega Veneta