Bottega Veneta pour Homme 2013 Eau de Toilette

Bottega Veneta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta
Bottle Design Lloyd & Co.
Bottega Veneta pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Bottega Veneta for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Siberian stone pineSiberian stone pine
JuniperJuniper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPimentoPimento
Balsam fir resinBalsam fir resin
Clary sageClary sage
LabdanumLabdanum
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli

Submitted by Cassandra, last update on 14.09.2021.

Nasenbär18
Modern leather with woody freshness
Leather fragrances are not necessarily mine. Years ago I had once Burberry brit rhythm get a gift and found him actually interesting. Have but quickly lost interest again and never touched again a leather scent.
The other day I smelled a very great leathery scent at work and was dying to know what it was.
The wearer was an older gentleman who didn't know what he was wearing himself.
This scent sparked my interest in leather.
So off to the perfumery and sniffed for leather scents.
The nice lady has pushed me next to Tuscan leather and Ombré leather also Bottega Veneta Pour Homme in the hand.
Out of all of them, I liked the Bottega Veneta the best. He smelled though not after this dark leather which I had smelled at work.
In fact, it's relatively far from it. It opens with an extremely woodsy, fresh note. It reminds me a bit of my spruce needle bubble bath. At the same time, it's already very leathery. But no dry, dark leather, but bright and very soft.
After this very friendly prelude, follows an extremely resinous smell, which together with the leather determines the further course of the fragrance.
That a leather fragrance can be so fresh and modern has surprised me and together with the sage and juniper it forms a very elegant and confident combination.
It's just so fundamentally different and unlike what I normally wear, yet it just feels natural when I wear it.
This is also because you can smell out the individual components very well and all harmonize very well with each other.

"Pour Homme" you will not smell everywhere and you have to have a confident demeanor and a certain casualness to be able to wear it.
If that's true, it definitely has what it takes to be a signature fragrance.

I find the longevity to be very solid. So short-winded as all describe him, he is not for me.
For me, he holds loosely 5-6 hours. After that you have to re-spray
An upscale masculine "boutique" fragrance
Every time I smell it I think to myself "this is what the perfect boutique smells like to me". The scent is a great, not too aggressive, but still tart leathery scent that still brings a bit of natural serenity. It's super for a relaxed casual outfit with a leather jacket, jeans and sneakers in my opinion. However, it stays on a certain level all the time. Meaning - here the leather jacket has no abrasion, here the jeans have no holes and the sneakers are also not dirty. At best, you still wear a white shirt under the leather jacket. It definitely brings a certain level of exclusivity, and is unlikely to be on everyone's shelf either. The base remains a healthy duration of presence, however, in my opinion, the scent doesn't shine for very long and is only noticed when you get close. You can definitely refresh it in between
Musgo
the fragrance with the most feedback
none of my fragrances have received as much positive feedback as this one.

i spent a few days in a specialist leather clothing laundry in a small town near london.
before flying back i went to the perfumery department as i always do in an airport.
suddenly i smelled this scent. i had never smelled it before and with no one else. i asked the salesman what scent he was spraying and it was BV pour homme. i was immediately thrilled and knew that this is "my scent" forever.
subconsciously influenced by the leather laundry, my nose picked out this wonderful scent.
most feedback came from women but also men asked me for this "new" scent at that time.
i personally find him unique
Back to the Future
It's strange with the scent memories and associations. I treated myself to the fragrance after reading the reviews here and being (unconsciously?) addressed by the beautiful images that arose in my head. After spraying it on for the first time, I felt transported back 25 years: Mid-20s, new flame, new jacket(vera pelle), strolling together in the spring forest. When a fragrance can pull something like that off, I'm intrigued. I have found a new companion and will enjoy its freshness and timelessness again and again. The fresh opening lasts up to an hour, then it becomes a little quieter, sage and leathery have a relaxing effect and before the scent evaporates man would like to start over and refill.
Italian fir lustrel
The individual ingredients of this creation are all on my I Like list and yet this fragrance surprises me with its fabulous balance. Coniferous wood extracts of all kinds are sometimes equated with granny's spruce needle foam bath from the four-litre bottle or Franzen's brandy - and we are dealing with these extracts three times. Nah, leave the head cinema aside as grandma tips two full caps from the spruce needle foam bath into the tub and after the bath rubs the rotten knees with Franzen's brandy.

There's quality to this. You have the needles and the resin in your hand, you grind it, throw it into the air, let your arms circle and smell your hands - pure ethereal. BVpH gives you a lot of it, but he doesn't kill you with it, because he gives you the freshness of bergamot. Sage and pimento add the spice, rounded off by the balsamic and sweet Labdanum. The allspice is also rather sweetly aromatic, but here I don't care which of the two is the sweeter part, they don't take anything, they just play together perfectly, which by the way also applies to the base notes. The fragrance is round, there is nothing disturbing, there is nothing annoying, there is no restlessness Unfortunately the range and durability is a little bit missing

When I smell BVpH, this fragrance inevitably takes me back to the 1980s. The scene is set in Italy, early autumn. It is no longer oppressively hot, it is sunny and mild and the air already smells slightly of autumn. I see an Italian businessman, atypically tall at about 1.95 metres. Very slim, lean figure, a kind of aviator glasses from the design department of a German sports car manufacturer; dressed in a black-brown suit, of course custom-made. The frame of his sunglasses shines with his also custom-made shoes, while leaning sideways against the B-pillar of his W126 280E, painted in silver thistle metallic, he is talking to the car phone. A gentleman. Not arrogant, but somehow aloof. Radiating calm and sovereignty, a man with style and taste.

Then I see that this fragrance is not that old and does not have 10 Lenze on its back! I beg your pardon? And yet it is so classic, so old schoolig elegant, that nobody would place it in the here and now. Someone has managed to make a fragrant statement. I seem to have found my way back on the right track - there are still some good things to discover off the mainstream that were not released at least 25 years ago. Only one thing seems to be due to the current zeitgeist: the lack of reach and durability. After all, it doesn't disappear quite as abruptly as a tall, gaunt businessman from the neighborhood at the end of the 1980s, who happened to come from Southern Europe, always and always wore a suit, had a weakness for good scents, drove a silver thistle metallic-colored W126, and was in a terrible hurry when the German tax investigation was breathing down his neck...
Are you kidding me?
Oh Bottega, ... what a beautiful bottle, but what's wrong with you? Because the fragrance, durability and sillage are a trio of curiosities. Or is that just grumbling on a high level and I should have just called my commi "doesn't work for me"?

Hm, at least I'm not the only one who complains about a too short shelf life ...

The opening and the first quarter of an hour is great: very fresh due to the fruity bergamot, the pale pine and the slightly sweetish but spicy juniper - striking, expressive, special. Then, however, a resin is added, which is a little reminiscent of plastic wood, but fortunately only more perceptible for 30 minutes. After this three-quarters of an hour, the fragrance now projects quite nicely, as the remaining heart notes now join in: (even) more spice through piquant allspice, cushioned by a lovely labdanum. A masculine and warm melange at the same time - great! It hardly changes any more, but thins out a bit in the next 2.5 hours - at the expense of the sillage.

And that's it, at least on my skin.

What a short pleasure! But a shelf life of just under 3.5 hours, that can't have been it. So for comparison purposes a second test had to be done:

Hardly sprayed on the shirt, it showed basically the same course, but on the one hand much more intensive (Sillage >30%), and on the other hand strongly delayed - that's how it seemed to me. Three sprayers in the chest area were unfortunately only pleasant for the first 20 minutes, because afterwards much too intrusive and synthetically dominant - again this plastic wood! And that lasted for 2.5 hours until the scent finally calmed down, lost noticeably in projection (to a normal level), and therefore smelled more pleasant. So what works on the skin after only three quarters of an hour, on a shirt it only works after about 3 hours! Total crazy, ... and unacceptable. Unfortunately, this EDT either smells great on the skin, but with a maximum of 3.5 hours it is much too short, or it is hard to stand the same time on a shirt, and only then it is pleasant to wear. I have never experienced something like this before, but this Italian has another surprise ready, and makes it really curious:

After about 5 hours the base notes become more prominent on the shirt, and the patch-leather combination now projects a warm, fine-smoky tone that reminds me strongly of Armani's Profumo. Sure, because there the mix is called patch-incense and I would estimate the similarity of the two from hour 6 on to be about 70%. And? So why not? Because the Profumo is a very popular scent. BUT: That this Vaneta becomes a profumo derivative after 5-6 hours doesn't happen on the skin at all, because there it has fizzled out long before, at least on mine :-/

So this "is not right with him" which is why "does not work for me" is also true. Unless I wear this Bottega mainly on clothes, which may, however, before wearing them, first make a three-hour trip to the balcony - without company, of course ;-)

The only advantage: On a shirt the scent projects up to 15 hours on half arm length! I told you: Totally crazy (unless I accidentally caught my Superman shirt ;) So be warned against a blind buy. Because if there is not a manual for this Italo somewhere, you will surely hear a lot of echoes in the community, that calls

are you kidding me?
Federduft
If you like pina coladas...
If you are wondering what the Pina Colada Song (I'm sure most of you know it,
at least since Guardians of the Galaxy ; ) ) has to do with Bottega Veneta pour Homme: Nothing.
Except for the fact that men and women often like the same things, but do not exchange ideas about them, and so in mutual ignorance about it, miss a wonderful opportunity.
What does this have to do with Bottega Veneta pour Homme? Per se, nothing.
Bottega Veneta pur Homme was one of those fragrances that I specifically looked for the
I picked out essences. A heavy Labdanum fetish dominated my desires at the time
and also the other fragrances listed have a fixed place on my list
of favorite stimulants. (Fir balm latest since the starry night of Annick Goutal, which Bottega Veneta reminds me of at times). The classification under woody-fresh only increased my desire - one of my incarnations must have been a life spent as a woodworm. (Wooden scent in many different forms: Wood shavings, bark mulch, that smoky aroma when wood is slept on... etc,etc,etc makes my nostrils quiver with interest... ). Now the experienced perfumers among you will say "a perfume is always more than the sum of its parts" and "pyramids of scents are not everything", and you might as well just put the bottles of essential oils under your nose. Right. I would never dare to talk back. And yet there are these, let's call it fetish nuances, by which one is attracted again and again. And more combination variations of these than a pine tree has needles. What does this have to do with Bottega Veneta pour Homme? Not much - except that for me the intersection of the individual notes results in a wonderful Dufkino. I perceive it as a pronounced "head-free fragrance" as a fragrance to breathe and let go. A fragrance like the still snow-cold wind blowing outwards (author's note: outwards the last phase of winter or the early phase of early spring) that whistles from my home mountains.
A smell that gives me a similar feeling as standing under one of those centuries old tree cathedrals that still exist in our jungle area. The head placed in the neck and still not grasping the true size. Furthermore, like the Labdanum, I like exactly this
"burnt wood dust" mark on my skin. I like the herbaceous edge and at the same time velvety texture of the Muscatel ointment (which by the way is growing wildly in my garden and is very familiar and appreciated), the ambivalence of the pimento with its four-note harmony of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper. I like the resinous, ethereal freshness of pine and fir balm, the near sacred juniper. I like the fact that Bottega Venetta is not what you would call a wummser and yet he has just enough stamina to still feel the balsamic qualities of him on my arm when I fall asleep. In short: I like the individual parts of this fragrance as well as all the associations it evokes in its entirety.
If you like... If you also like these things, then you will love this fragrance too.
And if I was interested in gender signs in fragrances, I would have missed this wonderful opportunity.
Glad we talked about it
Farneon
More balsamic-fruity than woody-leathery ... at least in my nose! ;-)
With this scent (which I like very much), the indicated ingredients and also some commenting noses punish me lies! I expected something woody with a hint of earth and leather, with a slightly citric entry and a smoky-warm base. But no chance!

I don't know what's wrong with my nose, but BVPH is once again a top example that the ingredients (at least for me) don't suggest the expected fragrance experience. All the more pleasing, on the other hand, that the EDT still pleases me very much. For me, a slightly fruity note dominates here, which is cushioned by a little bit of herbaceous to slightly herbaceous. But neither fir resin nor leather and patchouli are dominant here for me in any way. I suppose the lovely Labdanum and the citric Bergamot and the balsamic Muscat sage, in combination with the other ingredients, make this impression on me.

If I had to commit myself to the fruit I perceived, it would probably be blackberry or currant. In the end, of course, it doesn't matter much. I would simply move the expected Nordic forest into the dry undergrowth of a Mediterranean island! :-) This is where BVPH unfolds its great strengths: never obtrusive, but very independent and yet still clearly perceptible on the skin in the morning after waking up, a little sweet (without being sweet) with a hint of suede.

My overall impression is probably also due to the fact that the classic cedar and sandalwood notes are not processed here. The pure scent is (as already mentioned) simply pleasantly tasty, on the one hand not alut, on the other hand very independent and well balanced. In any case warm and slightly balsamic, without lacking a certain degree of earthiness. Can one (n) always and at any time carry whether one wins now a rather fruity impression or also not ..

Taurus1967
Wenn´s should once again be more discreet
Bottega Veneta - a brand that I would rate as follows: if a woman wants to show that she wants to spend a little more on a handbag, she reaches for Michael Kors. Then it costs between 150 and 200 €. If it is to be a bit more expensive and showy, then it may be Louis Vuitton in particular. Becomes interesting from approx. 500 €. Also as a fake - because not only the gentlemen of creation want to dazzle with fake watches. You should only really wear it if the rest of your outfit fits your bag, otherwise wird´s is embarrassing and woman is convicted of dazzling.
If you don't care about money and at least don't want to attract attention, but still want to represent something, then Bottega Veneta is a good choice for you. Here you have to leaf a few purple bills. This is more like the Audi S6 among the handbags. External unstatement without bling bling and only insiders appreciate the high value.

Of course there are also bags for men at Bottega Veneta. All the more consistent it is then two years after the introduction of the first women's perfume to launch a men's fragrance, so said Bottega Veneta pour Homme Eau de Toilette. The bottle is puristic to match the brand, but still appealing to noble.

The content fits very well to the overall structure and scores with soft coniferous and slightly citric notes. In any case, the first few seconds of the top note are concise and of high quality - and above all extraordinary, but not ostentatious. This does absolutely justice to the quiet approach of the brand. If the fragrance were largely at this level, I'd probably be quite excited. But unfortunately it becomes a bit more synthetic and citric as well as spicy notes including juniper take the upper hand. Little by little BVpHEdT makes a soapy twist including some lively aspects. That's ok, but the start was much more convincing.

What I personally miss in the end is clearly the promised leather note. So you can sniff something, but in my opinion it's a lot to behave, which is also true for the given patchouli.

All in all, Bottega Veneta pour Homme as Eau de Toilette remains a relaxed business fragrance for down-to-earth wearers between 30 and 60 years of age who don't want to stand out olfactory or otherwise, but also don't want to be sprayed with any fragrance. As already written: the top note is a dream, the rest disappointingly doesn't quite come along anymore. For a relatively cheap mainstreamer worth a try.

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme
The appointment of Tomas Maier as Bottega Veneta’s Creative Director can, no doubt, be seen as a major turning point for the company. He’s successfully applied his artistic and aesthetic vision on its overall image as well as its products, including (luckily!) fragrances. I’ve already reviewed Bottega Veneta’s first perfume, which though marketed to women, I find perfectly unisex and, therefore, enjoy wearing myself. Naturally, I was very curious to give “Bottega Veneta Pour Homme” a go.

I’m happy to say the “Pour Homme” version does not lag behind its female counterpart. Upon the first spritz, we are greeted by the zesty note of bergamot. Yet within seconds we leave the orchard and are instead invited for a walk through a forest of evergreen trees and shrubs. There’s no need to hurry, so the pace is relaxed. As our walk draws to an end, we suddenly realise we’ve been wearing a leather jacket, whose smell is effortlessly coupled with (and subdued by) the piney notes.

Honestly, there isn’t an awful lot going on in this fragrance, which is deserving of fair criticism. The blending of its notes, however, creates such a pleasant aroma of easy-going elegance that it has won me over almost instantly. Although I can’t help feeling the final result is a rather curbed and more digestible version of what might have been a much bolder perfume, I still believe this is another solid offering from Bottega Veneta.

Syzygy73Syzygy73 4 years ago
Pine forest fresh without the toilet cleaner astringency. This is Italian elegance and style though more piano than forte in performance.

by TheScenter
by MaxMax
Bottega Veneta pour Homme von Bottega Veneta
by Chnokfir

Popular Bottega Veneta

Bottega Veneta pour Homme Parfum by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano V: Lauro by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau de Velours by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Légère by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano II: Cipresso by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano IV: Azalea by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Extrême by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano XIII: Quadrifoglio by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Toilette) by Bottega Veneta Illusione (Eau de Parfum) by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme Essence Aromatique by Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta Eau Sensuelle by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano I: Magnolia by Bottega Veneta Knot by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano VII: Lillà by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano XV: Salvia Blu by Bottega Veneta Parco Palladiano III: Pera by Bottega Veneta